Author Topic: <S> to my Mom  (Read 795 times)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
<S> to my Mom
« on: September 24, 2005, 04:18:50 PM »
Not much to say really. My Mom passed away at 1:55 this afternoon. She was with all of our family. I held her hand as she took her last breath. I had proised her I would be there and I was. It was beautiful. She opened her eyes , looked at me and my Wife , brother and sister and a single tear came from her eye and she closed them and took her last breath.

She battled cncer hard for a long time. She is in a better place. I take solice in that.

Take Care
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
<S> to my Mom
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 04:20:43 PM »
Sorry to hear this redtop - my condolences to you and your family.

... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
<S> to my Mom
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 04:22:37 PM »
Sorry to hear she passed away..

She's in good hands now.

And probally smiling watching over your shoulder.
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
<S> to my Mom
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 04:33:26 PM »
sad news RT. mommytop

anyone for 21 gun salute?

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
<S> to my Mom
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 04:33:30 PM »
to you for being there and honoring her wishes.  I don't know if I could handle watching my mother die.  At least you can take solice in the fact you got to say good bye.  To many people greive for too long because they don't get that oppertunity when they experience a loss.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
<S> to my Mom
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 04:36:56 PM »
My condolences to you and yours RedTop.
Ive been thru the same thing when my mother passed on Jan 16th..

If you need to talk or have any questions then just PM me.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
<S> to my Mom
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 05:38:47 PM »
Redtop, it was good you could be with your mom to see her through to the other side. I'm sure she took great comfort as she saw her loved ones gathered 'round her. Smile, as you recall the good times. And make more good times with your own family whenever possible. That'll be her legacy, as well as yours.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
<S> to my Mom
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 05:39:54 PM »
Sorry for your loss. I know she is no longer suffering and you can take comfort in that. Your being there was a great gift for both you and your Mom. That took a lot of courage and stamina on your part. Prayers still OTW.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
<S> to my Mom
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005, 06:34:13 PM »
Condolences Redtop,

You've got a strange road ahead of you coming up. I went through the same thing earlier this year... and still going through it...

She'll always be with you.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
<S> to my Mom
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2005, 06:39:42 PM »
Redtop...I'm so sorry.

Man I wish I could hug you.  Let me offer prayers to you, your Mom and all that loved her for Peace and Strength.

mac

Offline AWkrull

• Copper Member
<S> to my Mom
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005, 07:33:15 PM »
Redtop I believe firmly that the tear you saw from your Mother's eye's were not of fear, or sadness. It was the fist time she saw the face of God. I know that'd bring a tear to my eye.

Mommatop God's speed. Redtop my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Offline fartwinkle

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
<S> to my Mom
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2005, 07:44:41 PM »
Man I am very sorry for your loss.
Cancer sucks it has taken many of my family.
Prayers to you and yours.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
<S> to my Mom
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2005, 08:03:16 PM »
I'm sure your mother was very happy that you and your family cared for her in your home. Proud of you, Red... .

I know you already know this, but I'll remind you anyway: she lives forever in you, and your children, and your grandchildren. As a parent, you know that she wants you to enjoy your life and be happy.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
<S> to my Mom
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2005, 08:42:54 PM »
Sorry to hear Redtop. You are lucky to have so many loved ones around at a time like this.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
<S> to my Mom
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2005, 10:04:33 PM »
My condolences Redtop. Your family has been in my thoughts daily.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!