Author Topic: Question for the tinfoil hatters:  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Question for the tinfoil hatters:
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2005, 02:17:09 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
Were you a part of the "We" group who decided that the taxpayers were going to be charged $600.00 for  government project wire cutters?

That was my fault.  Sorry.  I thought was buying brake shoes for a C-130.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2005, 02:20:01 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
That was my fault.  Sorry.  I thought was buying brake shoes for a C-130.

LOL You sure bought a powerfull load of brakes shoes. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2005, 02:25:36 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
Were you a part of the "We" group who decided that the taxpayers were going to be charged $600.00 for  government project wire cutters?
  Are you part of the "We" group who decided that Federal agencies could enter homes and private property becuse of gun ownership and trumped up warrants?
  Maybe you are in the lesser group of "Wes' who decides to pay the aforementioned "grass cops" ,"hose cops" or maybe a part of the "We' who decided we needed laws and cops to enforce the laws concerning where one could park on his or her property. Is that the case?
  Maybe you are one of the 'We" group who supports and passes the paint scheme and fence selection laws for his or her private property. Is that it?
  More importantly , are you one of the "We' groups who are going to attempt to take mine and others firearms away because "We" decided "We" know what`s best for YOU?
  Laws/restrictions are being bought and sold on a wholesale basis. Are you part of the "We" group supporting this?
  I know damn well I am not. I have not been consulted.
  That`s the problem. We, the people are being pushed aside and ran over because "We" know what`s good for YOU. We, the people are being sold out by Bend Over Bob`s. So Bob, where is the annual or monthly "We" meetings being held at now?

How many town meetings have you been to to voice your concerns? My guess is none, how can you be consulted if you are not there? Fed up? Rally the troops, get involved. But it is evident you fall under that "I can't" category. That's too bad.

I think we are doing pretty well in America. Are we the perfect society? No, but when you find that utopia you have the freedom of choice to move there.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2005, 02:30:20 PM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
How many town meetings have you been to to voice your concerns? My guess is none, how can you be consulted if you are not there? Fed up? Rally the troops, get involved. But it is evident you fall under that "I can't" category. That's too bad.

I think we are doing pretty well in America. Are we the perfect society? No, but when you find that utopia you have the freedom of choice to move there.

You are assuming facts not in evidence.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2005, 02:33:07 PM »

Then you would be making some very wrong assumptions Bob.
  I could assume by your bend over views that you have expressed that would more likely fall in that catergory.

My ancestors did just that. It is called America. At that time government was ran by the people, not the opposite.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2005, 02:34:33 PM »
well... hang has again gotten the gist of it and sixpense is lost in space..."we are the government"?  sorry... we passed haveing much to do with our government decades ago...

but back to hangs question... when is enough enough?   well... when the second amendment is taken from us... or the first... they are first and second for a reason and.... the government it afraid of totaly taking them from us (tho they would certainly like to and try to chip away at them every chance they get)

The second is our ONLY protection from them.   We outnumber the toadies 10 to 1....  there are about 75-100 million gun owners in this country....  If only 10% of em said  "bull... no more.. you want my guns then you better send in the waco killers"   that would be 75,000,000 to 100,000,000 wacos except...  now the ninjas would be outnumbered... drastically... even 1% of the gun culture and constitutionalists would be allmost a million ruby ridge scenarios....  no way they want that.

lazs

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2005, 02:37:43 PM »
Well, if you guys want to sit on the couch and cry, good luck to ya
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2005, 02:39:25 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
even 1% of the gun culture and constitutionalists would be allmost a million ruby ridge scenarios....  no way they want that.

lazs
In fact, nobody really wants that, which is why those of us who value our freedoms work hard to keep them.  

If we didn't, then the backlash would come, and a lot of people would die.  Something to think about when railing at your neighborhood 'gun nut'.  Like police, they're happiest when the situations that cause revolution/crime are prevented ahead of time so they never have to pull out their gear.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2005, 02:41:27 PM »
Well, if you guys want to sit on the couch and cry, good luck to ya

I think standing on the rooftops shouting would be more appropiate. You seem to missing that.
  I would , however, prefer to be sitting on the couch instead of the position of being willingly bent over it, as you seem to be happy with.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2005, 02:56:48 PM »
my opinion?  we probly either won't have to do much or we will have no choice....

The intrusiveness of the government is going way faster than even the sixpenses of the country can handle... when he is in his nomex fire suit and helmet to drive to the store he might get it...

Or maybe while he is hooking up his safety harness in the shower it will come to him...

I think it will all implode and they will have to back off to a large degree... but... what really would be the catalyst is....

I really would like the second to be heard by the supremes after Bush puts another guy on...  

If it goes our way...  everything will get better on it's own.... if it goes the oppossite way.... well... then some of the less tolerant will take matters into their own hands.... the 10% or 1% scenario I spoke of.

or maybe.... it will be as simple as another gas shortage/power shortage $10 a gallon gasoline.... if that happens..... the soccer moms and mothers against drunk drivers and million mom marchers will be throwing enviromentalists and spotted owls into the furnace at gunpoint to make juice

lazs
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 02:59:18 PM by lazs2 »

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2005, 03:18:32 PM »
Well...you certainly have the tinfoil hatters talking in this thread.

lol

:noid :noid :noid
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2005, 03:22:36 PM »
yep... you would have to be pretty paranoid to think that government would take away peoples firearms or...

put a restriction say on the size of motorcycle you could own... tnat would be a real laugh huh?

what kinda wussie pink short wearing bunch of subjects would allow that crap?

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2005, 03:29:47 PM »
...and I've been listening for a few years now how "FREE" you are in the US.  Reading this thread I'd say you better form your militia now.

LOL

:noid
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Munkii

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2005, 04:02:55 PM »
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever to reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freedom, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

"I know the American people are much attached to their Government;-- I know they would suffer much for its sake;-- I know they would endure evil's long and patiently, before they would ever think of exchanging it for another.  Yet, notwithstanding all this, if the laws be continually despised and disregarded, if their rights to be secure in their persons and property, are held by no better tenure than the caprice of a mob, the alienation of their affections from the Government is the natural consequence; and to that, sooner or later, it must come.

Here then, is one point at which danger may be expected."  Abraham Lincoln, Jan 27, 1838.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2005, 04:12:26 PM »
We had a lot less 'freedoms' before the Nixon administration than we do now. Primarily when it comes to surveillance. Wiretapping was virtually unrestricted back then.

More to the point, it comes down to the double edged sword of liberty vs security. When it changes from survailing and catching the 'bad guys' to survailing and imprisoning political opponents. That is when the line is crossed.

There are fundamental freedoms the government should not be allowed to infringe upon.

The freedom of speech and press (even if you make an bellybutton of yourself)

The privacy of out financial/health information.

The privacy of our homes.

The right to keep and bear arms. (an unarmed populous is nothing more than sheep)

The privacy of our communication (phone/email) without due process or just cause.

The last being the most difficult to work out in this modern age.

Am I afraid? No, we have survived this long with our freedoms in tact. I believe we will continue to survive.