Author Topic: Question for the tinfoil hatters:  (Read 1949 times)

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Question for the tinfoil hatters:
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2005, 04:29:43 PM »
Much as I sometimes dislike "Wacko Wayne", things like this are the reason I continue to be a NRA member.  

http://www.nraila.org/NEWS/READ/Releases.aspx?ID=6539

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2005, 05:00:29 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
My line is clearly drawn in the sand for all to see. It is the next piece of anti-gun legislation.  I am willing to bring the whole thing down over that.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2005, 05:25:38 PM »
Interesting analogy. :aok
sand

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2005, 05:56:12 PM »
"But when do we say 'enough'? After they've incrementally removed our means to resist?"

This is what I want to know:
Why does the Federal government need to remove our means to resist?  They're already in full control.

That's not to say I don't think the government is gradually eroding our rights.  It is.  That much is plain to see.  However, I think that erosion of rights is due to misguided good intentions, rather than an evil plot to take over what they already control.  

I think it's the sort of good intent that results from "I don't mind banning what I don't use anyway".  Non gun-owners don't mind banning guns; city-dwellers who take the subway don't mind gas-guzzler taxes; people who've never been to court don't care if "due process" is whittled away.  Somewhere along the way, as a nation we lost our determination to protect the rights we don't use as strongly as we protect the rights we use.

J_A_B

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2005, 07:42:39 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
You are assuming facts not in evidence.

and yet, over many pages of campfire lamenting on the subject, not one of you has offered any.

it would seem those that are the most vociferous on the subject, democracy hasn't failed them, but they have failed democracy.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Interesting analogy. :aok

Indeed but I think he's the exception and not the rule.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2005, 08:20:28 PM »
is torque a memeber of the communist party?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2005, 08:27:23 PM »
There once was a guy named Weaver. Wife, 3 kids, cabin in Idaho. Had the misfortune of living close to an Aryan Nation camp. Weaver also had what was at the time he bought it a legal $50.00 shotgun. He sold it.. and sadly the guns original wood stock (not the barrell) was 3/8" too short for the new federal gun regs, it no longer qualified as a legal class 1 firearm.

No biggie.. just a class 2 form to fill out, a $5.00 tax due.

The BATF try to coerce this guy Weaver into infiltrating the Aryan Nation Camp for them. They threaten him with confiscation of his property on the basis of the illegal shotgun sale if he does not comply. Weaver tell's 'em to go to hell.

They arrest him. Charge him with the illegal sale of a class 2 firearm. Since the guy has no criminal record he's released on a $10,000 property bond and issued a summons to appear. Unfortunately, the date on the sumons was diffrent than the date on the court clerks rgister, and when the apperance date came up, Weaver was not there. An arrest warrant was issued.

The Weaver residence was put under close survelience. Ninjas. The eldest son, 14 years of age, and a family friend were investigating what his dog was barking at on the property one morning when both the dog and the kid were shot dead. The family friend returned fire, killing the ninja that shot the boy and the dog, and retreated to the cabin.

At this point there are over 400 federal agents in and around the Idaho hills surrounding the property. There are Air Force jets doing photo survelience.. the place is surrounded by humvees, APC's and law enforcement types.

Despite this, the father and the family friend recover the body of the boy and place him in the shed behind the house. The next morning, the father and the eldest daughter (16) leave the cabin to check on the body of the boy when they come under fire from a ninja sniper. The sniper wounds the father, they retreat towards the cabin.. the wife, holding (and nursing) a 10 month old baby girl catches the next sniper shot in the side of the head, spilling her brains across the cabins kitchen wall. The bullet also criticaly wounds the family friend.

With me so far.. ?? this is all for a $5.00 tax infringement; a trumped up charge to induce a citizen to rat out another. The government has spent more money on this one stakeout and frame that it did on the gathering of intel prior to the invasion of haiti.

Weaver was aquitted.

Death toll 3, 2 citizens and 1 ninja. This in not 'tinfoil hat' ****; it's fact.

For $5.00

Now, I ask again.. when do we, WHERE do we draw the line?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2005, 08:46:03 PM »
Thanks hangtime!  :aok

To answer....I don't know.  I've recently considered buying some survivalist books after seeing the aftermath of a natural disaster recently but I'd probably go on some FBI watchlist and lose my security clearance at work.

EDIT:

This inspired me to research and this is a fascinating read on the events and later testimony.

http://www.libertysoft.com/liberty/features/weaver.html
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 09:13:12 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline Spongebob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2005, 09:07:34 PM »
First, I think we can all  agree that Power corrupts. Additionally power attracts corruptible people. There is no such thing as a "good" government, only the least offensive government.The solution is to shrink the government to the smallest size possible but no smaller. This is the platform of the Libertarian party. They are not just the "legalize pot" party as the Dems and GOP would have you believe, they are the party of liberty and freedom. Read the constitution...thats them.

There's not a dimes worth of difference between the Republicans and the Democrats. They're all out of control. The GOP borrows and spends and the Dems tax and spend. Vote Libertarian whenever possible...

Magoo

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2005, 09:28:08 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
There once was a guy named Weaver. Wife, 3 kids, cabin in Idaho. Had the misfortune of living close to an Aryan Nation camp. Weaver also had what was at the time he bought it a legal $50.00 shotgun. He sold it.. and sadly the guns original wood stock (not the barrell) was 3/8" too short for the new federal gun regs, it no longer qualified as a legal class 1 firearm.

No biggie.. just a class 2 form to fill out, a $5.00 tax due.

The BATF try to coerce this guy Weaver into infiltrating the Aryan Nation Camp for them. They threaten him with confiscation of his property on the basis of the illegal shotgun sale if he does not comply. Weaver tell's 'em to go to hell.

They arrest him. Charge him with the illegal sale of a class 2 firearm. Since the guy has no criminal record he's released on a $10,000 property bond and issued a summons to appear. Unfortunately, the date on the sumons was diffrent than the date on the court clerks rgister, and when the apperance date came up, Weaver was not there. An arrest warrant was issued.

The Weaver residence was put under close survelience. Ninjas. The eldest son, 14 years of age, and a family friend were investigating what his dog was barking at on the property one morning when both the dog and the kid were shot dead. The family friend returned fire, killing the ninja that shot the boy and the dog, and retreated to the cabin.

At this point there are over 400 federal agents in and around the Idaho hills surrounding the property. There are Air Force jets doing photo survelience.. the place is surrounded by humvees, APC's and law enforcement types.

Despite this, the father and the family friend recover the body of the boy and place him in the shed behind the house. The next morning, the father and the eldest daughter (16) leave the cabin to check on the body of the boy when they come under fire from a ninja sniper. The sniper wounds the father, they retreat towards the cabin.. the wife, holding (and nursing) a 10 month old baby girl catches the next sniper shot in the side of the head, spilling her brains across the cabins kitchen wall. The bullet also criticaly wounds the family friend.

With me so far.. ?? this is all for a $5.00 tax infringement; a trumped up charge to induce a citizen to rat out another. The government has spent more money on this one stakeout and frame that it did on the gathering of intel prior to the invasion of haiti.

Weaver was aquitted.

Death toll 3, 2 citizens and 1 ninja. This in not 'tinfoil hat' ****; it's fact.

For $5.00

Now, I ask again.. when do we, WHERE do we draw the line?

That`s one of the "don`t rock my boat" type intances I was talking about earlier. Most people in this country had forgotten this fiasco two days after it was national headlines. Ii have not forgotten it and many instances before and after this.
  The one thing that was different about this instance is the fact that local folks and people from around the country , when they learned of this, rallied and came to the staging point. Feds be damned. Wrong is wrong. People actualy stood up and were standing in witness to prevent further BS. If it weren`t for that fact, I am sure that nobody in that place would have left alive and I am also certain that a total different picture would have been painted of the events that took place there..
 It was too late for Randy`s wife and son, but at least people had had enough and got some cajones in the end. A little support when people are being ran over in these instances goes a long ways. That support is usualy absent because of fear and the "don`t rock my boat" attitude.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2005, 09:49:08 PM »
Home Wreckers, Inc

There are many many many more examples of viscious attacks like this on the homes and lives of law abiding citizens.

The one thread running thru them all.. they are registered gun owners.

And they are under attack from the Federal Governemnt.

Why?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2005, 11:43:05 PM »
Is this **** pissing anyone else off?  Or is this just me?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2005, 11:45:18 PM »
Try re-reading the Turner Diaries. It will give you strength and resolve. Right?

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2005, 12:14:10 AM »
This is America.. **** like this can't happen here right?

...at home, or abroad.