Author Topic: Wreckage  (Read 651 times)

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Wreckage
« on: September 28, 2005, 04:18:53 AM »
I would like to see the crashed planes / blown up GV's remain on the land scape and perhaps (if the were on fire) they could smoulder for a short while...

It doesn't have to be all day maybe 15 to 30 minutes.....

I know this would add to the load on our PC's but it would add a nice touch to see burning wreckage surrounding a field your trying to take......

and this is the whish list after all

all

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Wreckage
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 10:16:53 AM »
You used to see chunks of aircraft tumble across the ground sometimes if you were   defending with ground based weapons.

It was pretty cool to see the motor section of a P-51 go slideing past you. It wasn't persistant. Doesn't happen anymore though. Unfortunately.  :furious

Bomb craters stay around my Osti. Why not some wreckage.

Of course last night at the base I was defending. The enemy kept coming and the defenders kept swatting them down. (barely)

The wreckage would have been 15 feet deep. :D

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Wreckage
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 10:23:08 AM »
Had the same sorta thing last night they just kept comming and we just kept holding it.....

But man what a fight....

(EW.... Sounds Kinda Sick When Ya Read It Back Eh?) :huh

Offline nn76240

• Copper Member
Wreckage
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 02:34:20 PM »
I know how it can be at bases. And if the computer had a way to pick what planes that were shot down to keep on the feild like maby for every 10 planes shot down only 1 stays as wreckege.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Wreckage
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 06:28:50 PM »
Someone good in math do a rough estimate of how many sorties we have per map rotation - and average k.d divided by the square mileage. Might be a lot of guys around bases - not much inbetween.

kinda like a used car lot cept with lots of lala's, merlins, few pratts and a hair dryer or 2.

Just need a sign saying "used and abused. 50 bux per ton"

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
Wreckage
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 05:02:30 PM »
The wrekage would pile up and make the area look like the docks in Matrix Revolutions.

I think with bomb craters, the system displays X amount before new ones start replacing previous ones, like a FIFO stack.

Anyway, It might be cool to see some wrekage once in a while, but too many would be just dumb looking when the the furballs (GV or AC) got too big.