Author Topic: Manual Fuel Mixture Control - Poll  (Read 1896 times)

prz

Manual Fuel Mixture Control - Poll
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2001, 11:15:00 PM »
yes and no ;-)

no, unless there is something like the combat-trim for the mixture on per default. Real geeks could try to find the infinitesimally thin edge doing it themselves. Suspicion being, I could shoot more of them down since they'll start to look more into the cockpit than they'd be looking outside

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2001, 12:20:00 PM »
Man, I can hardly remember to put gas in the airplane!  Don't confuse me!

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2001, 12:32:00 PM »
NO. That is taking the realism part to the extreme.

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »
Nope.  I enjoy realism....up to a point  .

I think having to fidget with those controls would be more realism than I would choose to handle    

-Ding

Offline Gritz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2001, 12:54:00 PM »
Yes with a catch.  That it would only give the slightest advantage over someone who just left it on "auto".

Otherwise, CLEARLY, it would scare away the casuals and I ain't no fancy businessman type, but that's seems bad fer business.

------------------
Gritz
33rd Strike Group

[This message has been edited by Gritz (edited 01-20-2001).]

PakRat

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2001, 02:02:00 PM »
I like the idea but agree with Gritz - make it where not using it isn't a big detriment.

This and all the other realism settings people talk about are a bit like combat trim. I fly without it and manually trim because I think I can do it better. Advantage to me for manually trimming - but it isn't a big advantage.

I'll always vote for full realism wherever possible. That's why I do this stuff - I like the realism (as much as there can be in a cartoon flight/combat sim).

Give me cowl flaps, mixture, boost, turbo overspeed, engine overheat and shell, cumulative pilot fatigue, oil spray on the window, blood, guts, gore, and veins in my teeth! I want a ground crewman to have to wipe the blood off my windscreen!  

------------------
Rape, pillage, then burn...

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2001, 07:50:00 PM »
I vote no to this and any other attempts to introduce minutia and anal retentive obsessive enhancements in a game that functions just fine without them.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

chisel

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2001, 10:32:00 AM »
How are you going to know where to set the mixture control? Wheres Pyro gonna stick the EGT? Whos going to have the computing HP to sim an engine (IMO the only way it'll ever be realistic) plus the planes flight model? Whos going to redo the sound model so you can set it by ear?

Just fly around at a throttle setting other than 100% and keep telling yourself its the mixture control.

------------------------

Chisel,

Reformed anal retentive type guy

Offline Kats

• Zinc Member
      • http://jg27.org
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2001, 12:30:00 PM »
Anal retentive??? Pffffffft give me a break. Managing flight in a warbird is nothing, they trained combat pilots in a matter of weeks.

This genre sells hundreds of thousands of copies....let me give you a warm of of a bomb run.

Set center MFD to navflir wide angle. Right MFD to ground scan. Aquire target on ground scan and set navflir to point in direction of aquired target. Fine tune aiming point on navflir and select target. Go to your Left MFD and select A to G weapon. Program the salvo and interval, and set to auto release. Prior to that it would have been a good idea to set you counter measures to run on auto since there are SAM threats and you will be too busy on your bomb run to handle it manually. You choose which counter measure program to use when under threat by selecting a preset you had earlier programmed.

PS, have fun landing the sucker on the CV if you make it  

Engine management, God no - who the heck can handle three functions when flying a a/c hehehehehehehehe.

Offline GADGET

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/ala-10/
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2001, 06:36:00 AM »
YES we want fuel mixture control.

WW2 Fighters were quite simple in this aspect. US planes at least, had only 3 positions, AUTO RICH, AUTO LEAN and CUT-OFF

I want this.

GADGET

101 Escuadrón de Combate Virtual