Author Topic: demolish bases  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Billy Joe Bob

• Nickel Member
demolish bases
« on: October 07, 2005, 12:00:22 AM »
can you add in an option to be able to demolish a base if the enemy is gonna take it? it would be like " IF WE CANT HAVE IT THEN NOBODY CAN!!!!!" it could be used only once every hour for that side, so if its an important base but you dont want the enemy to have it then you can just demolish the structures. what do you think?

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
demolish bases
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 12:14:15 AM »
I like the idea, but in real life, I don't think they'd destroy the actual hangars and such, maybe the barracks, fuel tanks, ammo-storages etc.

There should be players appointed to 'base-commander' for this job though, or else every noob with a free trial would destroy bases

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
demolish bases
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 11:11:17 AM »
And when you are done playing for the night, as a last great act of defiance you could change countries and blow up one of their bases before you log off. :rolleyes:

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
demolish bases
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 11:26:33 AM »
Damn you Lye-El, that avatar has me transfixed!
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
demolish bases
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 11:29:21 AM »
Time delayed bombs might solve the problem perhaps?
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Billy Joe Bob

• Nickel Member
demolish bases
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 10:18:30 PM »
Originally posted by frank3
I like the idea, but in real life, I don't think they'd destroy the actual hangars and such, maybe the barracks, fuel tanks, ammo-storages etc.

There should be players appointed to 'base-commander' for this job though, or else every noob with a free trial would destroy bases

yeah you are right

Offline RTVapor

• Zinc Member
demolish bases
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 06:40:51 PM »
That avatar rules Lye-El:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
demolish bases
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 10:37:25 AM »
I wish I could say I created it, but, alas, I found it. Be nice to have that kind of talent.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline PropSuey

• Zinc Member
demolish bases
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 10:38:44 AM »
On the surface it's not a bad idea.  The ability to drop the hangers would be similar to blowing craters in the runways before you pull out before being overrun.  The ability to blow troops, fuel, and ord would be more useful.  However, we've all seen noobies straffing and dropping bombs on friendly field and we'd all be cussing up a storm if they were doing actual damage.
If the VH is up you can do it after the capture with a panzer loaded with HE.  You're going to die of course but you can pork their newly taken field, provided they haven't already porked it themselves (a rare occurance I know), you can limit their ability to mount an effective defense when you come back to retake it.

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.4remnants.com
"Scorched Earth"
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 04:10:46 PM »
This was what the Soviets called the "scorched earth policy" and is part of the reason that the Germans never made it to Moscow-while retreating, never leave the enemy anything they can use against you.  It is a tactically important aspect of warfare that is not represented in AHII.

Speaking tactical, I would like to see more tactical targets in the game.  A nice bridge to blow between a town and base would keep ground vehicles from getting to the town to defend it.  A big dam behind a city or factory that would wipe the whole thing out if blown.  Also, where are the barage balloons?  

Just my two cents.

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
The problem will be...
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 06:08:41 PM »
The dweebs who would blow up their own bases to spite their country mates.    Trust me, it would happen.

:rofl
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline PropSuey

• Zinc Member
demolish bases
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 08:26:47 PM »
Yes they would...of that I have no doubt!

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
demolish bases
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 07:09:54 AM »
Have the noob blow-up with the field, and not being able to log in for another 5 hours

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
demolish bases
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 08:27:21 AM »
only problm is IRL the only things that really NEEDED paved runways were the bombers because of the weight.

For fighters even blowing holes in the runways was pretty much a minor and temporary inconvieniance as all they had to do was fill in the holes with dirt which is readily available and they were good to go
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
demolish bases
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 08:31:23 AM »
Actually, heavies like the P-51 and P-47 required steel matting layed down on the grass so they wouldn't get stuck

(not to mention many other fighters Aces High contains!)