Author Topic: 1911  (Read 683 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2005, 08:30:10 AM »
mine is a 45.   I really wouldn't bother with a 10 mm or even a 357 sig.... the 45 is about perfect in the 1911 frame and I am not a huge fan of autos anyway...  If I wanted a powerful 1911 tho I would simply go with a 38 super... so long as they chamber on the case mouth they are very accurate.

I have the 45 because it is fun to shoot and people like it shen they want to shoot with me and it is light years ahead of the old colts and.... the brass is cheap and plentiful and easy to reload... a 10mm or 357 sig would klinda lose those attributes....  

When I want power in a handgun I go revolver... if I want power and concealability and comfort (to carry) I go with a smith 340 pd in .357

the big fat double row grips on a 1911 are a complex solution to a nonexistent problem.... 8 or nine rounds is plenty.  If you compete I can see the reason but it is just bulky and awkward and creates a need for expensive mags  for no reason otherwise.  A rail to mount a flashlight on?  I would be embarassed.  but that's just me.

I enjoy shooting the Kimber... the sprigfield.... half as much.   I don't like making excuses for guns and I don't like knowing that there is a far better one (at everything) one out there that I could'a spent the extra dollar a month (over the guns lifetime) to get and didn't.

Guess I am really a revolver guy... they do everything better but.... I like the Kimber.  It is fun and cheap and easy to shoot and I am not tempted to customize it in any way (I did put a clip on the right side to eliminate a holster)  

oh... all the 45's in every picture I ever see are cocked and locked.   I have never felt that comfortable with em that way.. I just leave em with one in the chamber and hammer down and **** the thing on the way out....  comes from all my single action revolver time I guess.

lazs

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2005, 10:09:28 AM »
Hehe.  **** is still blocked.

I leave mine on half cocked.  It can actually bang the firing pin if you drop it if the hammer is all the way down.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"