Author Topic: help with a few things really  (Read 325 times)

Offline 71stDrizzt

• Zinc Member
help with a few things really
« on: October 14, 2005, 12:27:44 PM »
when i start to take off my plane goes off to one side and no matter how much i correct with my rudder it keeps going. now i don't just full out throttle it i slowley go also i can't land worth a squat i admit its my second day playing though. Also is there any way to accompany someone in a b17? to be like a gunner for them? And when i let go of my rudder my plane bounces left and right for a little while also same thing happens when i let go of the derrection i am going. I am using the flightstick from the ace combat 5 game for ps2 i dl'd a prog to let me use it on my puter so my rudder controle is on my throttle. any help and advice would be apreciated. thank you. oh and i know my spelling sux.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
help with a few things really
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 12:46:55 PM »
Did you calibrate your stick in aces high as well as windows?

Also if you pull back on the stick when you're taking off it will lock the tailwheel so you don't swerve around as much. Just make sure you let of the back pressure on the stick once you get up to about 80 or 90 mph.

You can be a gunner on a bomber. Ask on range channel (f12) if someone needs a gunner & if they want one just type in the radio buffer   .join name

name being the call sign of person to join.
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: help with a few things really
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 09:35:11 PM »
Originally posted by 71stDrizzt
when i start to take off my plane goes off to one side and no matter how much i correct with my rudder it keeps going. now i don't just full out throttle it i slowley go also i can't land worth a squat i admit its my second day playing though. Also is there any way to accompany someone in a b17? to be like a gunner for them? And when i let go of my rudder my plane bounces left and right for a little while also same thing happens when i let go of the derrection i am going. I am using the flightstick from the ace combat 5 game for ps2 i dl'd a prog to let me use it on my puter so my rudder controle is on my throttle. any help and advice would be apreciated. thank you. oh and i know my spelling sux.

First off, boot up AH and bring up the clipboard. Click on SET-UP> PREFS>FLIGHT
You want the "AUTO TAKE-OFF" and "AUTO COMBAT TRIM" boxes to be checked active. If "ENABLE STALL LIMITER" box is checked, uncheck it.

Secondly, you mention "flightstick from ace combat 5 game for ps2". What the heck is that? You need to get yourself a joystick. A cheap entry level stick will run you about $35 -$40. Check out the post in the Help & Training section regarding Saitek Evo joysticks. Get back to us with what your using for a joystick set-up and we can offer more help and advice.

DmdMax