Author Topic: College football dramas  (Read 268 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
College football dramas
« on: October 24, 2005, 08:37:22 AM »
Well, it's high drama in the SEC now. Auburn gets edged by the hoodlums er I mean LSU on the road, DJ Shockley, Georgias quarterback, going down with a knee injury, their future may be in question.

And with Alabama pulling out a tough win against the vols, vol fans are actually calling for Phil Fulmers head. They want Fulmer (the man responsible for 1 of the vols 2 nat'l championships, and 10 years of dominating Alabama) FIRED!
Don't get me wrong, I'm no fulmer fan, I mean he did squeal to the NCAA, but I can't see why vol fans would be unhappy with him.
What kind of logic is this? I'd kinda like to see them be foolish enough to fire him and go through the problems and setbacks that bama has seen the last ten years. It makes you appreciate a winning season much more.

Read some of these posts. Talk about rabid...
http://www.utvols.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=32

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
College football dramas
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 10:26:07 AM »
Fist off, congrats hblair. That's my kind of football game: 6-3.

Regarding Fulmer, you have to uderstand that eEvery year, Vol fans overestimate the team's talent and think they should win a national championship. When this doesn't happen, they blame the coach. I guess it's nice they support the players but it's just not realistic.

But Fulmer's not going anywhere, at least this year. He's still one of the better coaches in the country and probably the best recruiter. If he left UT, half the teams in the SEC should fire their current coach immediately-- even if it's in the middle of a game -- to hire him.

Oh and if you've learned anything from the o'club, you should realize you can't make any valid conclusions based on a few posters to a message board.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
College football dramas
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 10:28:44 AM »
My Huskers still aren't pulling it off this year.  :cry

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
College football dramas
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 10:36:18 AM »
College football has taught us that god is probably not Catholic, and that he favors all rich kids living in South Central LA.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
College football dramas
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 10:41:24 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
College football has taught us that god is probably not Catholic, and that he favors all rich kids living in South Central LA.
Though on a few occasions, he's shown he "just barely" favors them.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
College football dramas
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 11:31:43 AM »
Penn State!
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
College football dramas
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 05:10:40 PM »
How bout them Mountaineers? I got two tickets to the Backyard Brawl, (WVU vs Pitt)
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
College football dramas
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 10:57:57 PM »
Originally posted by myelo
Fist off, congrats hblair. That's my kind of football game: 6-3.

Regarding Fulmer, you have to uderstand that eEvery year, Vol fans overestimate the team's talent and think they should win a national championship. When this doesn't happen, they blame the coach. I guess it's nice they support the players but it's just not realistic.

But Fulmer's not going anywhere, at least this year. He's still one of the better coaches in the country and probably the best recruiter. If he left UT, half the teams in the SEC should fire their current coach immediately-- even if it's in the middle of a game -- to hire him.

Oh and if you've learned anything from the o'club, you should realize you can't make any valid conclusions based on a few posters to a message board.

Fulmer will NOT be fired.  They lost alot of linemen last year.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
College football dramas
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 11:28:08 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
not anymore.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
College football dramas
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 01:26:42 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
My Huskers still aren't pulling it off this year.  :cry

Patience.....Bill Callhan has things moving in the right direction. A consenus top 5 recruiting class last year and another very good looking class shaping up this year.

They do still need some serious help at the offensive tackle positions, they need a couple stand out wide recievers and they need more depth across the board at every position. The games I have seen Zac Taylor has played very well in the West Coast Offense when the offensive line gives him enough time to find a reciever w/o being hassled by blitzers.

Most of the linemen on the team were recruited as run blockers first with pass blocking ability just an added bonus.

It will take time for the Huskers to be back in the thick of National Championship hunts, but I do believe it WILL happen :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
College football dramas
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2005, 09:26:10 AM »