Author Topic: Furballers Vs. Toolshedders  (Read 12473 times)

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
Furballers Vs. Toolshedders
« Reply #330 on: November 01, 2005, 03:14:42 PM »
This thread isn't locked yet?????

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #331 on: November 01, 2005, 03:15:16 PM »
tick tock.. TICK TOCK.. TICK TOCK.. TICK TOCK.. :cool:

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #332 on: November 01, 2005, 03:18:30 PM »
Why should it be locked?

Because it expresses different views from different sides of the game?

Disagreements?

I dont get it.

Since when was a dispute so bad?

Sad if it does get locked.

Nothings more silly when people go crying to skuzzy because a thread they dont like or agree with is still open.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #333 on: November 01, 2005, 03:33:36 PM »
Originally posted by DipStick
blammo . reading is phundamental. have you ever read something that said i think this is a "fantasy world forum and game"?

So, you're not going to answer the question?

Didn't think so :aok
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #334 on: November 01, 2005, 03:36:48 PM »
I started this thread so each side could vent their frustrations in a nice and timely mannor.

Carry On

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #335 on: November 01, 2005, 03:38:32 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
Why should it be locked?

Because it expresses different views from different sides of the game?

Disagreements?

I dont get it.

Since when was a dispute so bad?

Sad if it does get locked.

Nothings more silly when people go crying to skuzzy because a thread they dont like or agree with is still open.

I agree with Morpheus on this....at least to this point and not sure I will ever again.  At this point, while it is gearing up to be locked, it hasn't quite crossed that line.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #336 on: November 01, 2005, 03:50:14 PM »
Originally posted by Blammo
What does it matter?  This isn't real.  And if you are getting all worked up over things that happen on this bulletin board, you need a vacation.  I mean, seriously, this is just a fantasy world and the persona here has nothing to do with what people really think feel or are like.  Click on the x and it will all go away, along with us....
At least, that is the philosophy that has so recently and elequently been expoused by members of the BKs.

You are right to a point. But there is a line that all but a few of us, haven't crossed. This is a game and "SuperDud" is just a character. The BKs are just a pretend airplane squad, along with everyone else. Making fun of any of those is fine. If you make myself or the BKs look foolish, I garuntee you 100% we'd have a good laugh at it. It's meaningless, and nothing is lost.

However when you start making fun of real life situations, it ceases to be humorous. There's been a lot of tasteless attacks on both sides that's just plain childish.

So once again I will post this to try to clear up how I, and many others I know view things:

There's a difference between...

A) An internet squad faking a breaking up for a laugh. Making someones persona dumb on these boards or the game.

B) Someone on here needing a place to stay for a few days and you can help. Also making fun of the disabled.

"A" is what I perceive as staying on this board/game. It's meaningless and not worthy to get upset or have any impact on you whatsoever. If I bite the hook and get called on it, I laugh, it's funny.

"B" is a serious RL matter that shouldn't be joked about. If I have no way of really helping I'll wish them luck, etc and carry on. If I could help, I would.

I just feel some people take the goofy stuff on this board way to serious. True neither option A or B are in good taste if you are on the short end of the stick. But A shouldn't really effect you in anyway. It has no real meaning to it.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #337 on: November 01, 2005, 04:11:51 PM »
Well said, SuperDud...and a thoroughly reasonable response.

I suppose that my point is we are talking about sensibilities here.  Not everyones sensibilities is the same.  I found that picture offensive and would not have posted it myself.  However, everyone's sensibilities are different and allowances need to be made for that.

For instance, as you brought up, some people too very real office to the BKs troll about the squad breaking up.  You can say, imaginary squad, imaginary break up, imaginary whatever, but some people took very real offense at having their very real emotions played with.  Do they need to get over it?  Not for me to say.  People here, for the most part, care about other people here and to have that taken for granted is a callous act.

Put it this way: every squad I have been a part of I was friends with the guys in it.  If something happened to tick people off so bad that they left it generally meant the friendship was over or in very bad shape.  That means something to me.  When I saw the BKs were in what appeared to be trouble, I empathized and felt bad that a group of guys that had their own flair and nigh legendary status, and were apparently friends, were falling on hard times.  Real feelings about what was being presented as a real falling out.

So, you can say one is fantasy and one is real world, but that's not the point.  The point is sensibilities.  You want to draw the line here because you are uncomfortable going farther.  Others would have drawn the line earlier.  Still others would never draw the line.

I know this is likely to be falling on deaf ears, so, I'll move along.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #338 on: November 01, 2005, 04:59:46 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Batfink, much to my chagrin I have to agree with Morpheus that you are hopeless.  Many have gotten over far worse in far less time.  That you continue to dwell on it, and the fact that you are now willing to stoop far beneath those who slighted you to assuage your bruised ego, speak poorly of you.

Oh, well.  Have at it then, wee-skinned one.  :aok

-- Todd/Leviathn

:D  

is that a rule#4 is see, from the leviathn himself? i feel quite honoured!

trust me, im about as bothered by it as you. not very much but still remembering it.

have i really ever stooped so low?

just changed my 'cpid persona' to one more equal with yours. there was no point being sensible ever because it would always be made a joke of, so from now on i take great joy in seeing one of you made a fool by another member of the community. i wont name names but read the thread without bias and you will see.

had some great fights with a few BKs in the DA recently, S! to them.
to the ones who still crave jokes and ridicule on the BBs, i say, game on!

:aok
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #339 on: November 01, 2005, 05:33:18 PM »
It's called "being bored at work". Some of us have to work for a living... go figure.

Tough job that working without working. :D

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #340 on: November 01, 2005, 05:50:17 PM »
Originally posted by mechanic
:D  

is that a rule#4 is see, from the leviathn himself? i feel quite honoured!

trust me, im about as bothered by it as you. not very much but still remembering it.

have i really ever stooped so low?

just changed my 'cpid persona' to one more equal with yours. there was no point being sensible ever because it would always be made a joke of, so from now on i take great joy in seeing one of you made a fool by another member of the community. i wont name names but read the thread without bias and you will see.

had some great fights with a few BKs in the DA recently, S! to them.
to the ones who still crave jokes and ridicule on the BBs, i say, game on!

:aok

I dont see any "rule #4".

I do see the perfect difinition for an "Overly Sensitive Internet Tough Guy" though. And yup, its you. :aok
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #341 on: November 01, 2005, 05:52:01 PM »
Originally posted by Casper1
Everyone bow to the almighty lasz, the ultimate Intardnet arguer...

Now THIS was so BEYOND WRONG!

Casper1 where is your Mind and Heart at?

Mac

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #342 on: November 01, 2005, 06:00:14 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+
Unreal, we take to insulting those who face challenges that most of us cannot even imagine.

If HT doesn't delete this for being improper, I will be quite dissapointed.

INclude me to the list of the disappointed.

Mac

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
« Reply #343 on: November 01, 2005, 06:15:21 PM »
So the UKNIGHTED supports making fun of physically challenged children?

No, just think your breath stinks.

I Keed Keed

UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #344 on: November 01, 2005, 06:41:17 PM »
I'm pretty sure I don't see a violation of Rule #4 there, Batfink.  However, I do see a violation of Rule #6.

-- Todd/Leviathn