Author Topic: Reversing a P51  (Read 2095 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2005, 11:18:04 AM »
Originally posted by mechanic
The P51D is on a par to the spit 5, certainly better than a spit9.

Elaborate please.  Are you saing it can turn with a 5?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2005, 02:41:30 PM »
"He might have been trying to have some fun, but I could be wrong.

Maybe he thought he was chased by the Church or a FH"

:lol

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2005, 04:19:56 PM »
The best I've seen in turning a pony in a hurry and still maintaining superior E has to be Erubus. and that would be in a P51B

He claims there are those better then he but I've yet to see them.
Still would love to know how we can do a head on pass and he turns around and still has enough E and speed to catch me.

Mostly so I can learn to be able to do it myself LOL

And no he's not starting his turn before the merge. I've looked for that unless ther is some glitch in the game that is showing me one thing while he is doing another.

I've seen him pass me and then looked in the rearview watching him turn around then badabing he's right on my 6 and gaining on me.

Damnedest thing I've ever seen.  Well ok not quite  but damn near.

Oddly enough While I do very poorly against him in a 109f  I've had success against him while in a 110.

Go figure
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2005, 04:44:14 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK

And no he's not starting his turn before the merge. I've looked for that unless ther is some glitch in the game that is showing me one thing while he is doing another.

Heresy.  Burn him!!!!
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2005, 04:59:24 PM »
If he comes into merge at 450mph and you at 300mph he can afford to burn up to 149mph and still be faster than you.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2005, 10:15:19 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Elaborate please.  Are you saing it can turn with a 5?

yes.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2005, 10:33:06 AM »
No it cannot turn with a spitV. That's just silly.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2005, 10:34:45 AM »
who said anything about actual *turning radius*

its not all about flat turning circles ya know.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2005, 10:39:50 AM »
Would you like to come turn with my spit?

I know what the 51 can and cannot do. It was the ride for me long before you ever showed up in the game.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2005, 10:43:45 AM »
fine. think limitations dude, thats what your life is full of anyhow. not like you run your life 100% is it.

personally, i prefer to think of beating whoever is flying, not the plane. and yes, the pony can 'outfly' a spit5 quite easily.

its ok if you suck in the ride of your choice, just have fun bro.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2005, 10:51:10 AM »
See there you go again. Taking a conversation and making it a slug fest. Shame on you again.

The pony is one of the best E fighters in the game. It can also turn very well but like anything it is limited.

Unless a the 51 were to sit there and stick soley to his energy advantage making very shallow turns, and unless the spitv was a complete newb, the ponys time on earth is very limited.

When you start to burn E on the 51, and start to run out of alt to turn into E, you're in big trouble when you have a spit5 on you. 51's dont accelerate well at all when low and slow, they dont climb well either when they have no E to carry them.

Given equal pilots, co alt, on merge, the 51 can control the fight, but he's not going to win it by turn fighting.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2005, 10:56:33 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
See there you go again. Taking a conversation and making it a slug fest. Shame on you again.

shame on me??

:rofl

if i hadnt given up with prooving your moronic mindset, i would spend an hour posting the times there is 'shame on you' in the same way.

its ok morph, you'll get good in that pony one day. when you learn to stop HO'ing and vulching.

you know the only reason you won in our spit fights once was because you(like most spit fights) HO'ed me every time right after the merge on the top of the immle. I just hate fights like that, so i wont fire, so you will win.

bet ya $10 i could thrash you in a c202 fight. one that lasts past the first HO.

you gunna bite?

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2005, 11:00:21 AM »
Its sad you have to troll or try to troll even here. A long time member of AH is asking about the capabilities of the new FM and all you can do is throw out falsifications in some poor twisted attempt to troll.

No I'm not going to bite, but im not going to let him walk away from here thinking he can go turn turn his pony with any spit5 he comes acorss either.

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2005, 01:30:39 PM »
hey, i'll pay $10 to see Morpheus get shot.  :D :lol
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2005, 02:25:21 PM »
Spatula as far as your question yes it can be done. Is it wise? Maybe depending on what is behind you and what you know of their flying style. If it's a tnb aircraft with a pilot notorious for throwing HOs it's not really worth turning back. If there is even the slightest chance you can pull off a crossing shot within the first turn after the merge then it may be worth turning back. Either way if your basing whether or not your going to reverse back to take a slight chance on a HO then you might as well not fly the aircraft.

He can turn fight with any spit he'd like. Doesn't mean he's going to win the fight though. Your going to win some and your going to lose some against spits while flying either of the mustangs. There is no absolute guarantee that if you chose to tnb with any spit that you'll come out on top. Comparing a Spit to a Mustang in a turn fight is absurd anyway. Everyone knows who has the advantage in that arena. You might get one crossing shot after the merge. If you blow it your screwed.

Dredlock I'm still not gonna tell ya how I do it. ;)