Author Topic: Reversing a P51  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2005, 05:25:27 PM »
Heya Gatt, old buddy/foe ;) I saw you online a month or two ago, but i couldnt seem to get chan 1 to work (now i know it basically doesnt anymore) to chat to ya.
Your right, gotta forget the AH1 FM, and get up to speed with the AH2 FM. I am getting a lot more used to it now, and getting used to the gunnery etc. Been a harsh re-learning curve, but im getting there :D

see ya up, bud
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Reversing a P51
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2005, 07:57:14 PM »
Of course the situation described is possible, even plausible.  What fools you is, some of the newest sticks in the game will fly P-51's as jabo rides trying to learn to fly fighters, and some of the most experienced sticks in the game will fly them just to surprise you.  Plus there are guys who have been almost exclusively flying the Pony for  years.  Some of the best fights I've been in have been Pony vs Pony.  This AH2 FM allows it to do some incredible reversals, and getting into a rolling scissors in such a fight is a measure of "how low can you go" in alt, speed, flaps, etc.  There are definitely planes more forgiving than the Pony, but few better all around performers.

it is not all about turning circles and stereotypes.

ManeTMP showed me the way when he slaughtered my spit5 in a P47d40 back almost 18 months ago now.

all he did was made himself look juicy, then attacked when i was certain of victory.

You fight him often, you will learn thats almost a signature move for him.  ManeTMP is like a master fisherman, and he knows his bait.  He also knows how to hook you and reel you in.  He may not be the best stick in the game, but he's damn good.  That and he flies a P-47 like most people fly a Spit.

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2005, 02:45:49 AM »
Since this is a game I guess it is only a matter of knowing "how and when" gaming, aehm, the game ...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 03:44:05 AM by gatt »
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
Reversing a P51
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2005, 10:31:17 AM »
He finally got me on a pretty mini rope...no lcue how he can judge that stuff so well....swear I was inside 600 with him sitting on the top of my gun sight for 30 sec or more but no joy

hint hint....

beat the verticle rope thru lag pursuit....

as long as its not a complete e mismatch you can go lag pursuit follow him up thru his rope and stalemate him ...  granted he'll have more E but you got turn radii advantage (vertical) on him..

DoctorYo