Author Topic: Spitfire Mk Ia: Thousand Cut Killer  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Nomde

• Nickel Member
      • Web Master
Spitfire Mk Ia: Thousand Cut Killer
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2005, 01:39:16 AM »
shhhh, there's alot of sheep swapping and alcohol related games, but don't tell the masses :p

Nomde
56th Fighter Group "Zemke's Wolfpack"
nomde@56fg.net

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2005, 04:38:29 AM »
I think the landing gear has slightly too much forward rake. AFAIK it was made so only afterwards when more heavy engines and longer noses were implemented. And as mentioned by others the nose is slightly too angled for Mk1. It should be smoother.

PS. I still think those cockpit frames are too thin. Compare them to IL2 FB or PF if you will. Although I think those are again too thick. I find it strange that they are made so different in different sims...
edit: This does not apply to Mk1 though. It DID have thin frames because there was no armourglass...

-C+
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 04:48:46 AM by Charge »
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2005, 05:09:20 AM »
Originally posted by EdXCal
I think the model looks alright, but yeah that nose is pretty off looking, way to long. But other then the cockpit the plane looks about the same as in game! lol Don't get me wrong I can't wait to fly it. :-)
I'd love to get my hands on a spit or hurri with the 8 .303's but with an engine that doesn't cut out like those early merlins!

Edward

Stick with it for a while. Youll get used to the engine cut outs. Nowadays, when im in a Hurr1, my eng cuts rarely unintentionally.

Theres many tricks out there to keep the 0.5 Gs needed for the carb, you just have to get rid of certain 'flight instincts'.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2005, 07:32:26 AM »
Yeahhhhh...Another Spit too choose from, how original.... The creative juices are really flowing now...
The skin work is excellent BTW!

TJ

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Re: Who need that plane?
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2005, 07:55:27 AM »
Originally posted by Kolibri
Since I'm playing this game i never saw somebody flying a Spit MKI.

Who need that plane? You will never see it up in the air.

NghtFire

The best answer to this Spit is the BF109-E4. How often do u see a E4 in here?

The E4 has craptacular guns.  I've flown the Spit I in the MA.  The major problem is speed; it can't get out of the way of the P-38s, LA-7s, and P-51s of the world.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2005, 08:15:28 AM »
I make the engine cut out on the Hurri on purpose, it give me a chance to hear were the other guy (or gal) I am having a knife fight is.

Then I can turn point and spray.

It must have been hell for WAX today when I unloaded close to 2000 rounds into him, I reckon every part of that N1K had a hole in it :D

At one point all I could see were hit sprites

:D

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2005, 10:12:52 AM »
I've shot a Bf109E-4 down in the MA whileflying a Spitfire Mk Ia.  It was weird to have a historical duel with all the uber planes rushing about us.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline EdXCal

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2005, 08:14:47 PM »
Schatzi, I've flown in AH for 5 years, I've used both the Spit mk1 and the Hurri mk1 many times, which I like both, there great planes even though the major draw back in the Hurri is total lack of speed! lol The engines are just more irratating then anything else... lol You really dont lose that much speed and the engine comes back on quickly enough to really not have much to worry about. I havn't had much of a problem with them myself latly, but thats something that I still would not want to worry about in a flight, it sometimes will keep your mind off the fight.

Edward