Author Topic: Microfreezes/Lockups/CTD's Post here  (Read 1466 times)

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Microfreezes/Lockups/CTD's Post here
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2005, 10:40:20 PM »
Try setting AA and AF to "application controlled".

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2005, 05:20:35 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
Try setting AA and AF to "application controlled".

Could you please spell that out for someone who doesn't know squat about computers :D?

I'm also getting these freezes.  I'm not so sure what a "microfreeze" is, but my game is simply locking up like a painting for a good 2-5 seconds, often when changing views, sometimes when not.  This happens maybe six or seven times per hour, but that's just a sortie/event guess.  I have also had the game not "register" what I'm doing in the tower for 2-5 seconds.

"Glad" to hear some other people are having this problem.  After doing a virus/addware scan I was ready to haul the PC over to the computer repair store and have them do their thing :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2005, 06:57:24 PM »
Right click on desktop, select Properties.

Tab all the way to the right says Settings.  Click on it.

Bottom right is a button that says Advanced.  Click on it.

In the new menuboard that pops up, there will be a tab for your video card.  Click on it to bring it to the front.  Mine happens to be a GeForce FX5900 Ultra.

Look through your settings till you find Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering.  Make sure they are set to Application Controlled (usually a check box at the bottom when you highlight that setting control).  Make sure Vsync is set to Application Controlled.  

Exit out and start Aces High, see if it made a difference.  If not, there are other things to try.

By setting these options that have it to "application control" you are forcing the video card to operate at the settings the game thinks is optimal, which may be far lower than what you set them at yourself.

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2005, 06:57:27 PM »
FYI everyone,  My problem is solved...   Reformated, reinstalled OS, and AH ,Reinstalled cards and drivers.   Fixed!!!!!!   smoooooth as a babies arse!    Very nice update!!!  seems problem was on my end  :(        
S! AH2 tech guys....   Sorry!!!  my bad!    

My Kid used my pc for her online crap and was screwed up by the internet jerks!  Viruses!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 06:59:28 PM by tactic »

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2005, 01:26:57 AM »
Thank you for the detailed instructions SA2, but unfortunately I still get these lockups.  

I think tomorrow I might drag the PC down to the computer repair place and have them reinstall/purge the thing and see if that works.  I've been having some difficulties with various other programs as well lately, so hopefully this will take care of everything.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2005, 02:30:51 AM »
You might try posting your directx diagnostic report.  If there's an obvious problem with a driver or compatibility issue, folks here might be able to spot it and save you spending money on something a repair shop likely wont find either.

If you are experiencing the problem with other programs as well, it could be a driver issue, or you might have damaged components after all.  That would be my last guess though.

If you do take it to the shop, have them check the power output from your power supply, and check voltage under a load to make sure