Author Topic: doughnut  (Read 7111 times)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2005, 06:46:25 PM »
Jeez...my six year old doesn't whine as much as some of you guys.

HELLO!!!!! Reality check here...this is a game. No one dies for real here until one of you knuckel heads that takes this stuff to seriously has a massive brain aneurysm or heart attack because you got vulched, HO'ed, cherry picked, or gangbanged.

3 pages of "cry me a river because......." and what has it acomplished???

NOTHING!!!

Stop crying on here and go fly your plane.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
doughnut
« Reply #136 on: November 22, 2005, 07:03:10 PM »
I still think the best fix get this is make a "Fightertown Arena". No bombs, no troops, no C-47 or M3's.......

And let the war go on in the MA, and no longer make maps that has anything that looks like a FT in it.

That way if you go into the MA you know what your getting, and what game you are playing, same for FT.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
doughnut
« Reply #137 on: November 22, 2005, 07:08:25 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
I contribute to furballs just fine cherry picking folks like yourself with no patience, attention span or impulse control. To allow you and Lazs run amok un-checked would be a dis-service to the game. ;)

Zazen

You fly for rook who for 95% of them do not engage unless they have numbers in their favor. YAY. Im sick of rooks, sick of getting into a 1 or 2 on 1 and having some Rook tard come roaring in and cherry pick away at them. For that im done with rooks for a good long time.

And cherry picking a plane that is already engaged by 5-6 other planes is nothing. And you're dumb to boast about it.

One last thing. I think this whole thing is a load of crap. Whing about anything wont fix the problem. The problem is not the game, or the map, its the people who play and their conflicting ideas of fun. More people today think its more fun to take a base, vulch and gang rape a single con than ever before. That cant be fixed and its going to keep getting worse with the more players the MA gets. There's far too many new players today who think that vulching, taking bases and ganging in hordes is the way the game should be. Its a lost cause, and arguing about it will do nothing.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 07:14:34 PM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2005, 07:16:46 PM »
Originally posted by SLED
Yeah but chutes don't help my score. So why bother:lol

because it's highly amusing to watch the little meatbombs explode.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
doughnut
« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2005, 07:17:09 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus

And cherry picking a plane that is already engaged by 5-6 other planes is nothing. And you're dumb to boast about it.

Such Cherry Picking is really no different than a HO or a vulch.  You are putting yourself in a situation in which there is almost no risk, and in which your opponent has little to no real chance of either defense or offense.

Unfortunately, like you I got sick of being cherry picked in furballs.  

But I turned to the dark side. That was early in my AH1 days, probably about '99.  I was used to furballing in  Flying Circus and Red Baron, but in there it was very difficult for someone to boom and zoom and get a kill. You had to get in there and knife fight.  But these WW2 sims are different, one quick pass with a cannon plane, and some skill less cherry picking BNZ dweeb just ended all the e and angles you just built up on your opponent.

So you become either a fast cherry picker, or a slow cherry.

Cherry pickers are really just gang bangers, and like vulchers and HO'ers, they are scum.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 07:22:03 PM by AKFokerFoder+ »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
doughnut
« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2005, 07:17:40 PM »
Morpheus, FXI and I engaged your Spit XVI, a Hurri IIc and a N1K2.  That was two of us against three of you and Stang dove in from higher alt and blew FXI away.

I then tried to run from you, but eventually you got me. Sorry about running and all, but I am a newbie in the Bf109 and a Spit XVI close behind me, an N1K2 and a BnZing P-51 were more than I felt up too.  Not all Rooks do what you say.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2005, 07:24:09 PM »
Read this whole thread and it is easy to see...

AH's gameplay has diminished, people want everything the easy way. Blaming it on the fields, the ack, the furballers, the langrabbers is just building a good case for you to take an AH vacation.

We all need AH vacations, some of them in this thread need it more than most.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline yayyyy

• Nickel Member
doughnut
« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2005, 07:24:36 PM »
sell alot of chicken, call me popeyes

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
doughnut
« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2005, 07:25:27 PM »
I didnt say all of them did it. Very few seem to have the nuts to turn and fight, or turn at all. And if then, very few will do it with out numbers in their favor.

I dont care that you ran. But people will never learn how to fight if they keep running. otoh, you were messed up pretty bad so running from me tonight wasnt a bad idea on your part.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
doughnut
« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2005, 07:52:01 PM »
Originally posted by Delirium

We all need AH vacations, some of them in this thread need it more than most.

Well THAT"S IT THEN:mad:  I'm going to MAUI NEXT WEEK, And none of you TARTS is going to stop ME!!!

:lol

Seriously, I am going. I'll be thinking about this thread on the beach at the KaHana Pauli Marriott.

Well..... Maybe not.
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2005, 07:56:17 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
because it's highly amusing to watch the little meatbombs explode.

:lol

True, true.
USMC/71sqn

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2005, 08:13:32 PM »
  snip........The problem is not the game, or the map, its the people who play and their conflicting ideas of fun. More people today think its more fun to take a base, vulch and gang rape a single con than ever before. That cant be fixed and its going to keep getting worse with the more players the MA gets. There's far too many new players today who think that vulching, taking bases and ganging in hordes is the way the game should be. Its a lost cause, and arguing about it will do nothing.

:aok Perfect....well said
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2005, 08:27:49 PM »
There's far too many new players today who think that vulching, taking bases and ganging in hordes is the way the game should be. Its a lost cause, and arguing about it will do nothing.

Morph, I agree with that statement. And although I will partake in all of the mentioned "sins". It is not my normal M/O.

I'm not trying to sound argumentative, but how do you think "the game should be"?

Keep in mind that you are talking to someone who has only been flying WWII sims for about 4 years. So I have no knowledge of the way things were "back in the day". AW, WB, RB, FC, so-on.
USMC/71sqn

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
doughnut
« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2005, 08:46:02 PM »
Sled, having started back in one of the Air Warriors, the simplest way I can put it that's halfway coherent is this:

The "war" used to a premise for the fights; now, it's an excuse to avoid them. Where we used to have massive aerial engagements taking a base, now it's a 10 to 1 mob attacking a base, while a 10 to 1 mob attacks their base. I used to fly in missions that would turn into monstrous furballs as defenders upped like mad to meet the incoming raid. Now, with the huge maps, the path of least resistance is the one most followed.

Anyhow, that's how I see it. There are, of course, exceptions, but it seems that things overall have declined. It also appears that as the MA populace grows, or rolls over, the newer players learn via the "monkey see, monkey do" principle, and what they learn, the next newbs will see, and so on, until there are 700 people in the MA who haven't a clue as to what it's like to actually fight other people. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH :eek:
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2005, 09:50:41 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
The "war" used to a premise for the fights; now, it's an excuse to avoid them. Where we used to have massive aerial engagements taking a base, now it's a 10 to 1 mob attacking a base, while a 10 to 1 mob attacks their base. I used to fly in missions that would turn into monstrous furballs as defenders upped like mad to meet the incoming raid. Now, with the huge maps, the path of least resistance is the one most followed.

So, maps in AW and WB were much smaller? It was harder for people to go to an area of the map away from the action?

Anyhow, that's how I see it. There are, of course, exceptions, but it seems that things overall have declined. It also appears that as the MA populace grows, or rolls over, the newer players learn via the "monkey see, monkey do" principle, and what they learn, the next newbs will see, and so on, until there are 700 people in the MA who haven't a clue as to what it's like to actually fight other people. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH :eek:

OK, do you think it would be fair to say that the knowledge level of the pilots in the MA has decreased, as far as Turn & Burn tactics (knife fighting) goes?

What type, and how many, aircraft were available for use in AW and WB?
USMC/71sqn