Author Topic: doughnut  (Read 7113 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2005, 05:51:02 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop
:rolleyes: his perspective is just as credible as yours. IMO

Fortunately, "Your Humble Opinion" means absolutely nothing to me. ;)

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
doughnut
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2005, 05:52:31 PM »
The goal is to have fun.  Sounds simple enough.  However, as many people as there are playing the game, there are an equal number of ideas of what is fun.

Saying one player's idea of fun is not right due to the idea not being your idea of fun is not right.  Trying to dictate to others your idea of "fun" being the only right idea is akin to telling a car buyer they cannot buy that luxury car because you do not like it.  You will have as much success telling the car buyer he is wrong as telling other players they cannot have fun in the manner they are having it.

In the game, there are moments of grandeur.  Revel in them.  There are also moments of frustration.  It will happen and nothing can prevent it.  Moments of frustration make the moments of grandeur even better.

Persisting in chasing the goblins you create when players are having fun, and you cannot accept they are having fun, just adds more frustration.  If your idea of fun clashes with another players idea of fun, someone is going to get frustrated.  How that frustration is dealt with is the key.

You can brush it off and try to get back to that moment of grandeur, or you can revel in the frustration and expound on it to the point of getting other players irrirtated.  All the while you accomplish very little to nothing.

Finding a way to turn a negative into a positive takes more effort than just staying in the negative mode, but it can be far more fun.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2005, 05:55:53 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+
I was killing a vulcher at my field, you then killed a defender who had just upped, and that is not vulching?

Then most of the kills I made at your fields were not vulches either, because there wheels were off the ground.

You are at an large enemy field close enough to shoot a fighter who never left the field, who has been airborne less than a minute, and you shoot him and it is not a vulch?

That is correct, a vulch is destroying enemy aircraft on the ground, either stationary or taxiing down the runway. Read some WW2 Air Combat literature, they are very specific on the definition of Air to Ground kills and Air to Air kills. The rule is if the plane is airborne it's an air to air kill. In fact, one pass high speed killing planes that have just taken off who are smart enough to build up a little E is very difficult to do sometimes as the speed differential makes the defender far more manueverable than the attacker. The attacker can fairly easily be forced to miss or blow his E advantage in an attempt to retain an angle on the defender for a shot. Watch guys who tend to up Zekes for base defense they are usually masters of this tactic.

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 06:01:58 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
doughnut
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2005, 05:57:18 PM »
Also , don't talk about milk running bases as if this were the only place it happens. Knights go back door on Rooks , Rooks go back door on Bish and Bish back door Rooks. Happens EVERY map. Best part of the whole thing is when they FINALLY meet and have to fight one another.

Which is one of the reasons to try and take an FT base. You can count on it being defended. You can also count on whining, which is just icing on the cake.
sand

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
doughnut
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2005, 05:57:50 PM »
Wow Skuzzy, that's profound.:lol and true!

Sounds like my Arena definitions, weren't far off.;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 06:01:46 PM by SLED »
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2005, 05:59:27 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
The goal is to have fun.  Sounds simple enough.  However, as many people as there are playing the game, there are an equal number of ideas of what is fun.

Saying one player's idea of fun is not right due to the idea not being your idea of fun is not right.  Trying to dictate to others your idea of "fun" being the only right idea is akin to telling a car buyer they cannot buy that luxury car because you do not like it.  You will have as much success telling the car buyer he is wrong as telling other players they cannot have fun in the manner they are having it.

AMEN Skuzzy..!! Lazs, mars01, RedTop, read what Skuzzy wrote here Over and over and over. Memorize it, breathe it, believe it, live by it, let it soak in deeply and permeate your very souls! :aok

Zazen

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
doughnut
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2005, 06:02:18 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
That is correct, a vulch is destroying enemy aircraft on the ground, either stationary or taxiing down the runway. Read some WW2 Air Combat literature, they are very specific on the definition of Air to Ground kills and Air to Air kills. The rule is if the plane is airborne it's an air to air kill. In fact, one pass high speed killing planes that have just taken off who are smart enough to build up a little E is very difficult to do sometimes as the speed differential makes the defender far more manueverable than the attacker. The attacker can fairly easily be forced to miss or blow his E advnatage in an attempt to retain an angle on the defender for a shot. Watch guys who tend to up Zekes for base defense they are masters of this tactic.

Zazen

You keep digging a hole zazen.

I would bet most people would have called me a vulcher if I had done the same thing.

If you consider only a vulch to be wheels on the runway, that is pretty nit picky.  I think most people consider a vulch to be when the other guy is upping at his field and has not had any chance to gain a decent state of energy.  

If you aren't a vulcher, why were you in a position to shoot bogeys off of guys who were vulching the field?  And not only in position, but did it.

I don't think that combat rules for when it is a Air-Air kill or a Air-Ground kill count here.  We are talking game play here, and vulching is killing a guy at his base who has little chance of defending himself.

Again, I have no issues with what you DID, I have issues with your definitions.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 06:06:00 PM by AKFokerFoder+ »

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2005, 06:02:48 PM »
Fortunately, "Your Humble Opinion" means absolutely nothing to me. ;)

Zazen

I may need to make some coffee to help let this keep me up worrying. ;)

Continue your higher than thou attitude. It's what your best at.:aok
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2005, 06:08:16 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+
You keep digging a hole zazen.

I would bet most people would have called me a vulcher if I had done the same thing.

If you consider only a vulch to be wheels on the runway, that is pretty nit picky.  I think most people consider a vulch to be when the other guy is upping at his field and has not had any chance to gain a decent state of energy.  

If you aren't a vulcher, why were you in a position to shoot bogeys off of guys who were vulching the field?  And not only in position, but did it.

Again, I have no issues with what you DID, I have issues with your definitions.

Hey, I don't make the rules I just live by them. The difference was very important in WW2, there was alot made of whether kills were air to air or air to ground during debriefings and such. I was near your base because the guy I wacked before you was trying to run to his base ack, (was Turn in a Niki), he had altitude and blew it and I ran him down, he broke over the field I blew him away with a deflection shot to the left. Was just happy luck I found myself 500 off your six lining up for a shot on Crambo as he was attempting to ditch. I had no idea what he or you were doing previously, 5 seconds before I nailed you  I was below the drop-off and unable to even see A94 field.

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 06:11:30 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2005, 06:10:47 PM »
I may need to make some coffee to help let this keep me up worrying. ;)

Continue your higher than thou attitude. It's what your best at.:aok

I thought I was the best at cherry-picking ?!?! :huh

Zazen

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
doughnut
« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2005, 06:18:28 PM »
Hey, I don't make the rules I just live by them. The difference was very important in WW2, there was alot made of whether kills were air to air or air to ground during debriefings and such. I was near your base because the guy I wacked before you was trying to run to his base ack, (was Turn in a Niki), he had altitude and blew it and I ran him down, he broke over the field I blew him away with a deflection shot to the left. Was just happy luck I found myself 500 off your six lining up for a shot on Crambo as he was attempting to ditch. I had no idea what he or you were doing previously, 5 seconds before I nailed you  I was below the drop-off and unable to even see A94 field.

Zazen

First of all, Cranbo was not trying to ditch, he was over the water end of our field, and would have made it to a ditch in his own territory if he had just dived down over the water.  He turned back into our field and was lining up for another vulch if some poor sot was trying to up.  

He was a vulcher, and I was going to make sure he didn't vulch anyone else.  I had just taken off, and was trying hard to accelerate when I saw you coming in for the vulch, was almost smack in the middle of my airfied (the large one at FT) and decided to try to blow the la away, as I had very little speed for maneuver.  I was about 30 ft off the deck, and I'll bet you Cranbo didn't get to vulch anyone else.

So you admit to vulching er "cherry picking" a low defender at an enemy field that you knew was being vulched.  

You took the vulch as would most people.  

Again I have no problem with your vulching. If your SA was so poor you don't know you were over a field that was being vulched your score wouldn't be so high.

You are just trying to nit pick and squirm your way out of the fact that you were caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

Man most of us vulch, be honest with yourself :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 06:24:02 PM by AKFokerFoder+ »

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2005, 06:23:26 PM »
Here's a rule I like to use in the MA.

If your plane is in front of my plane.........   I pull the trigger.:D
USMC/71sqn

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
doughnut
« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2005, 06:32:45 PM »
Originally posted by SLED

It's a good rule.

Works for chutes too.
sand

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
doughnut
« Reply #133 on: November 22, 2005, 06:36:25 PM »
Originally posted by SLED

Kind of how I figure it.  Pull the trigger, and let God sort it out :)

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #134 on: November 22, 2005, 06:39:02 PM »
Yeah but chutes don't help my score. So why bother:lol
USMC/71sqn