Author Topic: How many power the AH FW190D9 have??  (Read 2750 times)

Offline Knegel

• Nickel Member
How many power the AH FW190D9 have??
« on: November 21, 2005, 02:19:30 AM »
Hi,

i just wonder how much it have, i guess 1750hp (WEP), this would explain the bad behaviour vs the La7 and Spit16, but on the other side then the 190A5 should be the way better dogfighter, or the 190A´s use the BMW801Dg also with max 1750hp.

Greetings,

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 02:33:09 AM »
AH 190D-9

Jumo 213A

full throttle: ~1776hp @ 1.50 ata
WEP (MW-50): ~2240hp @ 1.80 ata

right on spot:)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 02:36:38 AM by 1K3 »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 02:42:17 AM »
The Fw190s need a flight model review.  I understand that several of them are modeled significantly overweight.

The Fw190D-9 does have a 36mph deck speed advantage over the Spitfire Mk XVI.  It really suffers other than that though.  Well, it has a great roll rate of course.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: How many power the AH FW190D9 have??
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 02:44:08 AM »
Originally posted by Knegel
Hi,

i just wonder how much it have, i guess 1750hp (WEP), this would explain the bad behaviour vs the La7 and Spit16.

Greetings,

u mean manuvering/dogfighting capabilities?

heh i dunno much about aerodynamics and CoG's of 190s but it is said that 190D9  has same control qualities as 190As but the Dora has poor sustained manuverability
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 02:46:32 AM by 1K3 »

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 04:19:15 AM »
Historical evidence suggests that Fw-190A's were perfect match-ups for Spit IX's. There is even a widely known RAF report comparing a captured 190 to a Spit IX, people here will dig it up in no time.

Of course the variation in what actually is a Fw-190A or a Spit IX is considerable... but even a Spit V will murder the A5 or A8 given pilots of equal skill. The only thing the 190A can do is run co-Alt or co-E.

I consider the Spit XVI the premier fighter in AH now and that's basically still only a late IX with an American Merlin...

Offline EdXCal

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 01:57:42 PM »
I think the 16 will be the top fighter, though myself I find the Ki-84 to be the better plane. Though it lacks the high speed diving ability it makes up for this is ultra low speed turn rate, very high AOA ability and a good roll rate, the spit16 has all the above but the only one I think is better then the Ki is the roll rate. The 16 has a very powerful engine but still can't stay in the vertical as long as the Ki.

Edward

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 03:21:20 PM »
190a5 does pretty well in the MA! I don't now why, but just since 2.06 I can't outrun spit9s anymore.... They accelerate way too fast and I way too slow. I used to pull ahead easily in a shallow dive then level out. Now I'm steady and never gaining until after 3 minutes I gain 200d on the range icon (not that I visually saw the plane get further away!).

Still, though, the 190a5 is a great plane in AH. Hope it doesn't get porked like the 109E4 did when they redo the FM :P

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 04:25:11 PM »
im getting a feeling that 190a-4 and 190a-6 will replace 190a-5 in ah:p

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 04:47:26 PM »
heh i dunno much about aerodynamics and CoG's of 190s but it is said that 190D9 has same control qualities as 190As but the Dora has poor sustained manuverability

The CG was adjusted forward in the Dora.  This has the effect of lowering the stall speed.  Add in the increased leverage for tail, increased power thru a more efficient prop/Horsepower, and less drag should combine to make the Dora the premier Luftwaffe late war dogfighter at medium to low altitudes.

Check out this thread for more on Focke Wulf CG's:

http://www.luftwaffe-experten.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=810&st=0

All the best,

Crumpp

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 08:51:34 AM »
The Fw's in AH are overweight compared to what we have in here. It drastically effects acceleration and corner rate, both are quite poor from other sims I have played with Fw aircraft.  The Fw should be accelerating like a M5 on roids on a straightaway.

SDOE, IL-2, and other high-fidelity sims always have the Fw as fast accelerators (lot of engine torque) but AH for some reason they're quite pokey but get to speed eventually.

I think the areodynamics are correct (hence it's correct top speed), but the weight and engine torque are off.  I wish there was a good reference for aircraft accleration rates.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 08:53:35 AM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 09:55:30 AM »
The question I ask myself when it comes to plane performance is how well would these planes perform against one another in a scenario?  Traditionally the 190s and 109s have fared rather well against the Spits in situations that dictate more historically-accurate tactics.  It's not all about dogfighting, kids.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2005, 10:14:51 AM »
The question I ask myself when it comes to plane performance is how well would these planes perform against one another in a scenario? Traditionally the 190s and 109s have fared rather well against the Spits in situations that dictate more historically-accurate tactics. It's not all about dogfighting, kids.

Generally speaking you cannot tell a thing about individual plane performance based of the results of scenario's.   Flawwed logic that has no place in determining FM's.

We can just chaulk it up to whining, LW pilots suck, "no dogfights just ambush tactics" blah blah blah blah....

All are just plain silly arguments if the modeling does not fit the facts of the design.

All the best,

Crumpp
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 10:20:49 AM by Crumpp »

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005, 10:23:37 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
The question I ask myself when it comes to plane performance is how well would these planes perform against one another in a scenario?  Traditionally the 190s and 109s have fared rather well against the Spits in situations that dictate more historically-accurate tactics.  It's not all about dogfighting, kids.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Exactly.....

I'd imagine there were alot of differences betweem what folks in AH consider "Dogfighting" and the actual combat experiences and plane match ups that happened in real life. Im fairly sure not many pilots wanted to get into a knife fight low and slow....

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005, 10:36:23 AM »
How can explain this SPITFIRE KILLERS , if the FWs were soo bad  ?!  Tactics only?! :(

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 10:37:12 AM »
I'd imagine there were alot of differences betweem what folks in AH consider "Dogfighting" and the actual combat experiences and plane match ups that happened in real life.

Hey Waffle,

Based on what?  First hand accounts from pilots in combat dogfighting?

Sorry but Luftwaffe pilots did the traditional dogfighting.  Talking with Oscar and Heinz it was pretty close to what AH is trying to simulate.

While getting into a "dogfight" was not the ideal situation for any pilot of any nationality, facts are they did occur.  Most Luftwaffe Aces were very successful dogfighters when they had to be.   Some like, Krupinski, were noted for their almost suicidal aggressiveness.  Taking on any all-enemy aircraft no matter what the numbers or position.

Note the fighter kills:

http://www.luftwaffe.cz/krupinski.html

All the best,

Crumpp