Author Topic: hang... another book..  (Read 98 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
hang... another book..
« on: November 23, 2005, 09:24:36 AM »
One of the threads got me to thinking you might like this book

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0156013096/102-7735625-1273704?v=glance&n=283155&s=books&v=glance

"A Better War" by Lewis Sorely"

It is topical in light of the Iraq situation.

I would just hate to see us make the same mistakes we made in Vietnam.  I think the two situations are very similar... the "exit strategies" The local troops and police etc.

lazs

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
hang... another book..
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 10:06:59 AM »
Yup. Was there when Abrams was calling the program. Am real familiar with the Cambodian and Laos expeditions. The general mood down in the Delta as we regained control of the River and the villages along it was one of relief. Sadly, the ARVN were pretty heavy handed by this time and the locals hated them even more than us.

The day the ARVN's fired on US[/i] was the day I figured the whole freakin thing was a madcap can of crap. Didn't matter to me any more cause two days later I was back at Ft Lewis with a hole in my ass.

Thanks for the tip.. I'll get it and rage at the machine again. What a screwed up world we live in, enh?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.