Author Topic: How I Lost the War in Iraq  (Read 4516 times)

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
How I Lost the War in Iraq
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2005, 12:16:06 AM »
The war will end when:

Option

A. Alternate energy source is developed i.e. the world won`t rely on oil anymore and Saudi Arabia goes back being the s**t hole it used to be and won`t have any cash to finance terrorists.

B. Oil wells run dry in the mid east and ...see above

C. Muslims get their hands on nukes and in nuklear exchanges all goes up in smoke

D. Muslim terrorists succeed in destroying western values and western way of life, and establish Islamic law over the entire world.

..my 2 shekels

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2005, 01:41:36 AM »
its like the winning team quitting the game at halftime with a 5 to one advantage.

leftist elitist liberals should be tied to the stake and burned alive.  they are the bane of western civilization.  At least they should kill themsleves to save the rest of us the trouble.

we cant stands them......

:noid
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2005, 02:36:02 AM »
This thread is priceless. Left and/or right wing zealots can't seem to see the forest for the trees.

Some things never change.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2005, 02:39:32 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Do you think the Iraq war is a failure? If so, on what grounds?

It was a failure to begin with.
However now that you've got the war started, the US needs to also stay there until its democracy is safe and secure from takeovers.
Otherwise you've lost everything with the war and it will be hundred times worse than with Saddams regime.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2005, 06:17:32 AM »
It's most likely that if the coalition would choose to bail out from Iraq today, a short civil war would ensue and Iraq would become an extremist Islamic government.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2005, 07:53:15 AM »
Iraq was/is the right war, at the right place, at the right time

it is a failure why? that it's borders are easier to cross than our sw border and that every Abu, Ayman or muja-wannabe who has a suicide wish to "kill the infidels" can easily cross them and fullfil their wish?

Iraq is going fine, we just need to move the battle to the borders and the center of the country would stablize - maybe into the counties which are supplying the cheekboness and their weapons. Can you say Iran? Syria?

so sorry this isn't just another 60 minute sitcom west wing war. Some things take time and the fortitude to see them through.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2005, 10:37:49 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Silat did you write this yourself?

Its John Powers.

A movie and pop culture critic for NPR who now wants us to believe that he is a foreign policy and war expert.

He is a left wing radical extremist that fits in perfect with the "Bush Hater" crowd.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Re: How I Lost the War in Iraq
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2005, 11:27:34 AM »
Originally posted by Silat

1. Although Saddam was a despicable tyrant, I opposed toppling him because I thought the war would prove bloody and hugely expensive, and would probably leave the world more chaotic and dangerous than before.
[/b]
Bloody...not nearly as bad as It could have been, Expensive...yes I will agree with that

2. I insisted that the White House was inflating its claims about Iraq being an imminent threat.

Loudly criticised yet hardly proven

3. I doubted that Saddam had anything to do with 9/11.

probably very little but he could have had EVERYTHING to do with the NEXT 9/11

4. I believed that Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld would botch the reconstruction of Iraq.

Other than set major policy these three have very little to do with what's actually done on the ground.

5. I was shocked and appalled by Abu Ghraib.

shocking and appalling things happen everyday, the world is an imperfect place

6. I worried that the war would turn the world against us.
[/b]
aside from france Germany and Russia, the liberals of the world will get over it.

7. I scoffed every time we captured or killed the insurgents’ number-two man.
[/b]
so you are saying you DONT want US troops to succeed?  When one number-two man is killed he is often replaced no?

8. I . . .

You get the point.  

no I don't get your point.  Actively blaiming every failure of the war on Bush becuase it hurts him and that supports your agenda does hurt the overall effort.  Asking for a troop pull out immediatly gives a HUGE win to terrorists all over the world.  Calling the war grim/failure/mess at halftime is grosly exaggerating the situation.  I beleive in my heart that there are people out there in this world and in the US that want the war in Iraq to fail because they hate the president that much.

and PS you didn't lose the war in Iraq, it is not lost.....as I said it's only halftime.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 11:31:56 AM by Gunslinger »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2005, 11:53:29 AM »
I still havent seen anyone come up with how we've "Failed" in Iraq

I keep seeing people say we failed. But I've yet to see anyone give any conclusive evidence of exactly what.

We havent "Failed" at anything untill or unless we pull out and have given up. THEN we can say we 'Failed"
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2005, 12:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by VOR
This thread is priceless. Left and/or right wing zealots can't seem to see the forest for the trees.

Some things never change.

Enlighten us to "the forrest".

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2005, 12:05:18 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
I still havent seen anyone come up with how we've "Failed" in Iraq

I keep seeing people say we failed. But I've yet to see anyone give any conclusive evidence of exactly what.

We havent "Failed" at anything untill or unless we pull out and have given up. THEN we can say we 'Failed"

AMEN!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2005, 01:06:21 PM »
Failed to understand, improvise, and conquer beyond reproach, apparently.
And who's "we"?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2005, 01:09:25 PM »
I dunno... the troops are not upset... We are developing new weapons and tactics .... 100 times better (and probly less dangerous) than a whole bunch of war games...

The country (iraq) is better of so far as freedom and infrastructre than it has ever been... we get to kill lots of terrorist martyrs and establish an outpost in a hostile muslim extremist controlled region...  

except for cost....  we seem to be doing fine.

lazs

Offline tikky

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2005, 01:43:23 PM »
damn

imagine if the US have 1 million troops stationed in Iraq

A million will be enough to patrol Iraq, and cover the border gaps around the so-called Axis of Evil regimes (Syria and Iran)

A million or more will be enough to prevent foreign fighters from entering iraq.  A million or more will be enough to prevent advanced weapons and capitals frrom enttering iraq

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2005, 01:47:26 PM »
probly not much point in that...  would be good to train a million iraqi troops and have a base there tho.  

All in all... seems to working out pretty good.    

lazs