Author Topic: How I Lost the War in Iraq  (Read 4517 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
How I Lost the War in Iraq
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2005, 06:52:34 PM »
why is the whole world so full of bullchit?

lets face it, we are all at war in this world because we are pathetic as a race. we know there is so much more to life than we can grasp and so against all our endevours the only option for our angers and our greed is destruction.

this whole thing is stupid, people talking of patriotism, of disolusionment of patriotism, of all this rubbbish.

none of you are dead.

we're all as full of it as any politician if we think we have a right to understand what world politics consists of.

kill one and 2 more always take thier place.

humans are pathetic and self destructive, and for the most part totaly capable of living almost a centuary in denial in many cases.

get over it already and talk about something that you do understand.

the way i see it, we may aswell all be at war and may the biggest country win!   oh...thats whats happening really isnt it, under all the lies and media coverage and opinions and control.

I mean for christ's sake why dont we just have armageddon already and get over it.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2005, 07:02:49 PM »
Originally posted by mechanic

get over it already and talk about something that you do understand.

Say that while gazing into your mirror.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2005, 07:53:01 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Do you think the Iraq war is a failure? If so, on what grounds?

Well, the grounds would be that it has taken the winds out of the sails of the real fight, disemboweled our economy, and created opportunities for America to be seen as dishonest in the eyes of the world!  I could care less about the eventual outcome in IRAQ!  I know what it is costing and who is making the money and who is giving their lives, and that should be all the grounds ayone needs to make an assumption of failure!  All great world powers have made the same kind of mistakes that we are making in IRAQ.   When history is written it will be the same as most of these types of wars,  many wealthy people got wealthier and many poor people died!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2005, 08:05:50 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
.. many wealthy people got wealthier and many poor people died!

other than maybe the American Revolution what war didn't/doesn't the above happen in?

yes, Peace would be ideal but i do not think that is on the table with the group who want us dead, you know - the same group our boys die daily fighting against in what some here call a "wrong" war.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2005, 08:10:06 PM »
In the same way that the war against Germany in WWII cost lives, yet was for the greater good and ended up freeing a continent to live free lives ( with the exception of Russian zones) and restoring order.

I guess you have to have a more than just a limited, basic view in order to see.

So, if we were all gung ho about liberating folks from German oppression, then why did we allow hundreds of thousands maybe millions to die under soviet control?  Why, because it would have been "too costly"!  LMAO hawkers always end up with their feet in their mouths!  Usually great world powers make the same mistakes and usually they make them in a country where they should be able to "win" easily.  The only problem is that history has good lessons that should be remembered before entering a country on moral grounds!  Attrition is unwinnable now as it has always been and anyone who thinks that the war in IRAQ will not turn into a war of attrition is just not very smart!   IRAQ is a joke now and was a joke 3 years ago!  I am truly sorry for all the servicemen and women who have given their lives for this cause.  There are many in IRAQ right now who are doing their best and following orders like the good soldiers they are  trained to be!  It is not their fault for being in that situation!  How many are being killed weekly over there by IED's?  Is this winnable?  Will it ever be winnable if IED's never stop being placed everywhere american soldiers travel?  Many who were skeptical about the IRAQ invasion warned that it would probably turn into a war of attrition and their predictions are proving on target!  One "ground" of failure is the division of the American nation that inevitably will come before all this is over!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2005, 08:24:57 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
other than maybe the American Revolution what war didn't/doesn't the above happen in?

yes, Peace would be ideal but i do not think that is on the table with the group who want us dead, you know - the same group our boys die daily fighting against in what some here call a "wrong" war.

Eagler, I don't mean any disrespect to our troops as my family being from the south and poor has given many for this country!  You don't need to use that when debating the politics of war!  War is something that all human beings must live/die with!  Some wars are fought out of neccessity and some arent!  The debate here is whether IRAQ was  a good choice/place to battle islamic fundamentalist.  I believe that it was a bad choice and extremely bad timing!  I've heard many, including friends of mine who are going over there, that I would rather fight them in their yard than mine!  When u step into a trap, generally limbs are lost!  The United States will prevail long after IRAQ is in the history books, the question is how many limbs will we lose?  Islamic fundamentalist/terrorist have long awaited an opprotunity to lure the US into its home to "bleed" it as much as they could!  It's pathetic that as smart and as strong as the US is we made such a blunder as we have in invading IRAQ!   The only question now is how much blood will we give them before we decide that the strategy is not working!

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2005, 08:28:05 PM »
Originally posted by Gh0stFT
Nuke, why come up with WW2 ? because i'm from germany?
ok imagine i'm from um...lets say, Argentina! what would you say then?

beside that, comparing a total world war (ww2) with the Iraq war is
sorry, nonsens.

I'd say the same thing no matter where you are from. You tried to make a point by using the inocent who are killed in a war, saying that the war is not worth people dying.

My point is that people die in all war, not just the Iraq war. Iraq will be left a better place, just like Germany and Japan where.

And Skyrock, sorry, but I'm not even going to try to argue with you. You have made so many factually wrong statements and you don't even seem rational enough to calmly discuss in an intelligent manner.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2005, 08:33:50 PM »
Say that while gazing into your mirror.

i dont have any mirrors in my house as i tend to smash them when ever i get possesed by evil spirits.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2005, 08:37:49 PM »
I'd say the same thing no matter where you are from. You tried to make a point by using the inocent who are killed in a war, saying that the war is not worth people dying.

My point is that people die in all war, not just the Iraq war. Iraq will be left a better place, just like Germany and Japan where.

And Skyrock, sorry, but I'm not even going to try to argue with you. You have made so many factually wrong statements and you don't even seem rational enough to calmly discuss in an intelligent manner.

Nuke, was vietnam left a better place?  Was Somalia left a better place?  A bad decision is a bad decision, bro!

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2005, 08:45:45 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Nuke, was vietnam left a better place?  Was Somalia left a better place?  A bad decision is a bad decision, bro!
\

I agree. It was a bad decision to cut and run from those places and to allow the thugs to take over.

In Iraq, we will not cut and run, unless a Democrat is elected maybe.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2005, 08:48:16 PM »
honest question, what are you doing to hel;p the war effort nuke?

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2005, 08:55:30 PM »
\

I agree. It was a bad decision to cut and run from those places and to allow the thugs to take over.

In Iraq, we will not cut and run, unless a Democrat is elected maybe.

cut and run????????  We got wipped by the war of attrition bro!  I don't know how old you are but you can read the history!  Read some of the journals.   a bad unwinnable war is a bad unwinnable war, you can't make it into a patriotism thing or a matter of ego!  Your idealistic view that the US is soo strong that we can change the world is little out there bro!   We as a nation must make extremely good and smart decisions when it comes to using/sending our forces to foriegn lands.  We have limited resources and limited support for frivolous wars!

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2005, 08:56:46 PM »
Originally posted by mechanic
honest question, what are you doing to hel;p the war effort nuke?

None of your business and illrelevent.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2005, 08:58:49 PM »
Skyrock, somone like you is impossible to argue with. You have made lots of assumptions about how I feel and you do not make a point.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2005, 09:05:34 PM »
Skyrock, somone like you is impossible to argue with. You have made lots of assumptions about how I feel and you do not make a point.

I do appologize if I have offended you personally, sir!