Author Topic: Chases High  (Read 5016 times)

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Chases High
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2005, 02:17:18 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Funny how you don't see it for a couple of landed kills.  Chances are the guy actually earned those.  It's for the 8-12 vulches that the 'attaboys' rain down.

That's just the sound of insecurity seeking validation via proxy.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Chases High
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2005, 02:17:42 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
So if the dar bar is bigger for the bad guys in a sector you don't go up?

I'd never base my decision to fly in an area or not on dar bars. You just have to fly accordingly. I'd much rather be the only green with ten red guys around than one of ten green with one bad guy around. You just have to fly accordingly. I do not vulch, so often when cap is established at a base I'll fly alone to the enemy base re-enforcements are coming from to interdict, often I will be the only green in the sector.

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 02:21:07 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline BKKing

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bk.com/
Re: Chases High
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2005, 02:40:55 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
Why not engage?  

You might get shot down.

Why not engage after you have "extended" to 3.5?  [/QUOTE]

b/c you must extend to 3.5 K AND have a 10K alt advantage

Why not engage when you have the advantage (altitude, speed, aircraft performance, etc.)[/QUOTE]

b/c you might lose that advantage by engaging

If you are heavy otw to target, ok, I get that.  If you have 5 guys behind you, ok, I get that.  But the ultra timid flyer running when the cards are stacked in his favour, that I don't get. [/QUOTE]

and they mostly seem to be in Spit 16's these days...

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Chases High
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2005, 02:48:18 PM »
Originally posted by BKKing
and they mostly seem to be in Spit 16's these days...

:huh
I haven't been on in a few days, but did the Spit16s go from fighting to running?  Thus far the Spit16 has been a refreshing change from all the La-7s et al that used their high speed to run at will.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: Chases High
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2005, 02:51:06 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
:huh
I haven't been on in a few days, but did the Spit16s go from fighting to running?  Thus far the Spit16 has been a refreshing change from all the La-7s et al that used their high speed to run at will.

I think that's part of the issue, half the guys in Spit16s are converted La7 pilots, so still fly like they are in the La7.

Zazen

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Chases High
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2005, 05:41:08 PM »
i'm weird cuz i fly an la-7 like i fly a spitXVI.

:aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Chases High
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2005, 05:45:07 PM »
Originally posted by Elyeh
I say its alot of new pilots not really sure of what to do. I know when I first started in the MA I kinda just flew around watching and learning. Didnt want to engage in case I did something "wrong" . Wasent really sure about all the rules and such.

Who knows?

Doing something wrong is the only way you're going to learn.

Fight, win/die, evaluate, re-up.

Btw, I see this thread as becoming another Zazen thread where he throws his hands in the air justifying lame tard cherry picking runners. He already wrote one essay. Im waiting for the next.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 05:48:42 PM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Chases High
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2005, 05:59:04 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus

Btw, I see this thread as becoming another Zazen thread where he throws his hands in the air justifying lame tard cherry picking runners. He already wrote one essay. Im waiting for the next.

Don't tempt me! :O

Zazen

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Chases High
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2005, 06:02:52 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Well, on the last map before this one, there was always a big fight over 41. Every time I'd go out there, there's be 50+ enemy cons heading South to the island field (52?). I'd come from 44, so have a bit of time to climb out. I'd arrive over water near 41 at 10k (not too high), and see no less than 2 dozen low-alt cons heading S. Seeing that I'm usually in a 190a5 there's no way in hell I'm trading my safety to go into instant death at the hands of no less than 5 LAs, 6 spits, assorted 38s and 51s and even though those 3x formations of b24s are tempting I'd never survive to even get into guns range. In THAT instance I'm just going to turn back home, descend, come in lower and try to lure a small chunk of the horde off (say, just 5-6 planes) that I might someday, if I'm having the best day of my life, be able to cope with.

Sometimes they're not running from you, sometimes they're running from all the friends you have with you.

Other times they're just LA7 dweebs that don't bother engaging.

LMAO it's not the ladweebs that run, it's the 190 twit's!  hee hee :-)

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Chases High
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2005, 06:04:20 PM »
This is true and these are the guys that have gotten intoxicated by the 'attaboys' for landing 8-10 kills every run.

Hell Dan, they get to have their names on the front page of Hitechcreations Website if they score potato enough.

I always say, get a good rank in aces high, take a screen shot of that chit, print it out on little business cards and hand that watermelon out at any of your local bars and or clubs to the chicas. They dig it. A 133t aces high score jockey.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Chases High
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
I have no problem with new guys flying timid since they really don't know what's going on.  However, the guys Furious is talking about are mostly not noobs.  These guys are the l337 scoring bnz types that know the game very well, that only engage when an enemy isn't looking or is engaged w/ multiple bandits, or just flat out only look to vulch.  Make no mistake, these guys are seasoned vets that do this.  And we all know who they are.

Damn, my covers blown!:( :eek:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Chases High
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2005, 06:16:30 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
well sometimes i fly at a disadvantage because that's the only way to get a lot of players to engage in the first place.

plus i'm extremely confident even when fighting from a "disadvantage" no matter what plane i am in or up against.

alt, speed, #'s and planes are just tools that can be used for *or* against someone. unfortunately, there are also simply just a lot of "tools" in the skies.

Most are just twit's!:D

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Chases High
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2005, 09:16:14 PM »
hit sprites
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Chases High
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2005, 09:21:31 PM »
Shane, the la7 for you is a crutch.

I'm not going to tell people how to fly.  But I will say this.   If you land kills in any spitfire, la7, niki or hurri, and still think you are some "great pilot" at this game, then you have problems.

Go ahead, get kills in those plane, do whatever you need to to compete with other pilots at different skill levels, just don't think for a second that you are a great pilot in AH.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Chases High
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2005, 09:26:29 PM »
You're not truly great until someone accuses you of cheating. :)
sand