Author Topic: B-24 autopilot  (Read 465 times)

Offline kudzu

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.geoocities .com/kingkudzu
B-24 autopilot
« on: November 30, 2005, 11:18:56 PM »
Just a little thing really--when I rtb in a B24 after the drop--the autolevel doesn't work--it climbs. No amount of trim will stablilize it out.

Like I said--a little thing. It just makes it harder to hit those foolish enough to try and hit me at 25 K in a 24 -- LOL

:rolleyes:

Kudzu31

Offline DarkHawk

• Copper Member
B-24 autopilot
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 02:17:13 PM »
Kudzu   I have not seen a problem like this and I fly the b24 a lot. Some things to check, insure that the autopilot light is lit when it starts to climb.
If it is off it is possible that your joystick is spiking and turning off auto pilot.
you also might try change the dead zone on your joystick. I do know that if the auto pilot is off at altitlue the plane will climb but very slowly.

Maybe some one elese has some ideas  of what maybe causing his problem. You also might try filming the failure anns sending to HTC

Regards...................... ...........DarkHawk
49DHawk
XO for BOWL (DHawk)

Offline kudzu

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.geoocities .com/kingkudzu
B-24 autopilot
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 05:32:47 PM »
Thanks for the reply, sir. Light is on--will try and recalibrate/check stick--failing at that looks like I will film it for em-

THANKS again, Bro!

<>

Kudzu31:aok

Offline Eagle Eye

• Copper Member
B-24 autopilot
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 11:28:46 AM »
I experianced this lastnight as well tried everthing to steady it . Climb rate was approx 45 feet per minute.

Offline ujustdied

• Nickel Member
B-24 autopilot
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 03:31:49 PM »
at 25k maybe thats has hi as the thing can go. nothing that time could go to 25k its really heavy and theres les air. plus u have the pressure and breathing

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
B-24 autopilot
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 04:03:21 PM »
saw this tonight, but it did stable out, i was just going pretty fast = too much lift

Offline F4J

• Zinc Member
Re: B-24 autopilot
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 05:43:48 PM »
Originally posted by kudzu
Just a little thing really--when I rtb in a B24 after the drop--the autolevel doesn't work--it climbs. No amount of trim will stablilize it out.

Like I said--a little thing. It just makes it harder to hit those foolish enough to try and hit me at 25 K in a 24 -- LOL

:rolleyes:

Kudzu31

I've experienced this as well. Also, if I attempt to go into a shallow descent and use the shift-x to hold the nose down attitude, it just rises. I have to manually hold the stick forward to descend in the B-24s.
F4jCH