Author Topic: 4 inches of white stuff last night  (Read 808 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
38°C is usual weekend stuff, here
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2005, 06:05:06 AM »

ZZz
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
4 inches of white stuff last night
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2005, 06:30:47 AM »
Sasmox, great pics! That first one is priceless, almost like they're saying "You gonna put that camera down and pull us or WHAT?!" :lol Thanks for sharing those.

Moot, not nice posting warm weather pics! :mad: I have to wait until April for some warm Florida weather.:furious

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
4 inches of white stuff last night
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2005, 07:59:16 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Just out of curiosity, were you born in a warm-weather climate? I'm curious in a psychology point of view. Personally, I really enjoy 4 seasons, but not extreme seasons like Minnesota where I was raised....we moved to Florida during a transition to N.J. back when I was 12. I loved Florida for about 4 months, then I got tired of a solid season of it after one year.

I was born in Charleston, S.C., and moved to Tampa, FL in first grade. I spent 10 years there before moving to Houston. Right now, it's 70 degrees in my office, and I'm sitting in front of a space heater for warmth. I'm about to take my laptop outside where it's a few degrees warmer. My shower water is hot enough to leave first degree burns on people with fair skin & my coffee should still be boiling when it hits my mug. The only problem here is the humidity. It's not uncommon to have a 100+ day with 100% humidity in the summer... but I'm stuck with it since I always have to live near a major port for business reasons (and it'd take a really big stick to beat our cost of living compared to most other major port cities).

If you want another fun fact, check out the correllation between an area's temperature and the spiciness of the food they eat. The hotter the climate, the hotter the food in general. iirc, it has something to do with how we get our antibodies in that region.