Author Topic: stick mapping  (Read 410 times)

Offline 53gunner

• Copper Member
      • http://calliesworld.com
stick mapping
« on: December 05, 2005, 09:47:50 PM »
Ok well I loaded a map I got off of here worked pretty good but i wanted to change some stuff on it so I went into the AH stick map sectin (I have a x52). Anywho the end result is that it wont even work as a "stick" at this piont. turn stick nothing happens etc. So my question is how do I delete all the stick stuff that got in there. I pressed a couple buttons like set all and such there is much evil going on. Peas peas hep me
Glenn

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
stick mapping
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 02:51:55 AM »
Before you do anything... have you calibrated your stick after mapping it? (SETUP>CONTROLS>JOYSTICK>calibrate stick on your clipboard).

You might also want to check if the changes you made are on the correct stick map (you can have up to 4 different stick maps). Make sure the buttons are listed in the "set1" row of the list.

Then, if you still need to get rid of all stick mapping.... delete the stick.cfg in your HTC/AH2/settings folder.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
stick mapping
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 04:40:20 AM »
i just got the X52 myself.... whew.. it is awesome... never had a problem, plugged it in and all was fine.. had to spend quite awhile remapping it though... question... have you found a use for the dials on the throttle??

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
stick mapping
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 05:13:57 AM »
Originally posted by 101ABN
i just got the X52 myself.... whew.. it is awesome... never had a problem, plugged it in and all was fine.. had to spend quite awhile remapping it though... question... have you found a use for the dials on the throttle??
I have the X45, I use the dials as trim inputs.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline 53gunner

• Copper Member
trim hat things
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 10:14:38 PM »
Ok well I got most of it to work. and I like it so far. However I cant figure out how to map the slider, wheels, or mouse thingy on the throttle. I want to map the slider for zoom, the top hat for roll trim and the bottom hat for elevation trim. Any thoughts
Glenn

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
stick mapping
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 04:31:18 AM »
i havent figured out the mouse thing either so i use the little button next to it to bring up the clipboard...... if you figure out how to use the slider for zoom, let me know...

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
stick mapping
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 05:48:21 AM »
Again, I have the X45 and the dials show as an axis in Setup, Controls, Joystick, Select Joystick. On the X52 I THINK the slider is also an axis in that area.

I use the mouse hat to bring up the map and to zoom in and out on it. The small button (mouse fire) is my landing gear. Those are set as regular buttons in the joystick mappings.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
stick mapping
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 12:52:30 AM »
The mini hat  has to be programed using the SST software

Get in touch with Dtango as he's the master when it comes to the SST

Or PM with your email and I'll send you my X52 profile

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
stick mapping
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 05:31:39 AM »
Guess I won't be upgrading to the X52 anytime soon then. The mini hat (mouse) are mappable buttons on the X45.

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
stick mapping
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 07:27:23 AM »
Nhawk,

They are mappable with the X52 as well. You just have to use the SST software.

I have had 2 X-45's but the darn spring kept getting stiff and it made it hard to aim with.

went to an X52 and wish I did it sooner:aok

The X52 is a much better stick than the X45 and all the functions are mappable.

Offline 53gunner

• Copper Member
stick mapping
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 09:16:06 AM »
Well I got the mouse button to work (not sure how it just started working) and a bunch of the others. Cant seem to figure out trim though. I use the 2 turn things on the throttle but they seem to "bottom out" before Im in the right trim, ideas? Also once in a while after mapping something new in sst I get a click click click sound like a mouse button is pressed all the time. I have to restart to stop it thoughts on that?
Glenn

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
stick mapping
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 03:58:02 PM »
You know you can close the profile editor once you load your profile.

As far as the trim bottoming out, you may ahve the bands in the SST set too narrow.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
stick mapping
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 04:07:02 PM »
1. I never used the SST software on my X45s.
2. I used the mouse hat on the throttle to bring up damage, chk6, and other odd sorts of things.
3. In order for the dials to operated, they must be moved and centered during calibration just like the stick and rudder.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.