Author Topic: The Notorious DA Challenge  (Read 9001 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
The Notorious DA Challenge
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2005, 12:01:54 AM »
Originally posted by mechanic
Shawk is not easy meat under 10k, he does take uneven fights on, and i have found him on the deck TnB'ing his Dora with spitfires so you guys are wrong.

thats not an argument, but a true statement.

and yes shawk is still a cherry picken dweebn, but he can fight when he is forced to.

S! all

Yep, and I'll always try and clear SHawk anytime he is in trouble.  Why?  He has cleared me many times too.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2005, 12:05:17 AM »
In the DA in a 1 vs 1, you aren't panning your hat and seeing that 2nd dot you would see in the MA, 6k out and wondering if he is gonna come in.

1/2 the battle in the DA is the merge.  To deny it is foolish.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2005, 12:45:52 AM »
I unfortunately don't put much stock in playing a computer game.

Fun is the reason.  The chest pounding and score left me about 10 years ago in AW.  Object for me now is just have fun with the few minutes of spare time I currently have.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2005, 01:13:57 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
I dont dislike anything about him. That's why you and I are totally different people. I dont think that him saying the DA is a worthless place is even remotely close to being correct.

As for you and arguments... Well... You lost yours with me too. So what's your point?

Zazen and I had a gentleman's disagreement about our core flying style and something that defines who we are.

our disagrement was about what a cetain plane could do.

I'm just stating my view, and that is that shawk is a good stick, a gentleman, and a good laugh.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2005, 01:21:50 AM »
Here Here Hajo. I get a kick out of some of the guys that think being a master Video Game pilot is all so great. So what if I die, be it by HO, Cherrypick, Vulch, good 1 on 1, 10 on 1. It really doesn't matter. Sure I might throw out an occasional good hearted banter at the enemy. But some of these guys get way to frustated and aggitated (sp) when they die. The threat to take them to the DA to prove he's better after he died just cracks me up. Who gives a rat asss who's better, It's a freaking game. have Fun and enjoy. Now asking to go to DA to learn to get better from a better video game pilot is another story, you can get alot out of it.
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2005, 01:35:02 AM »
Originally posted by wetrat

And Zazen, what you said about it only being "better" sticks challenging people to the DA... I call BS on that. 9/10 people I see challenging someone to  a duel SUCK. BADLY. Nearly everyone that's actually worth a damn in a fighter doesn't bother with that kinda stuff (obvious exception being Shane - I know there are others, drawing a blank). I think just about everyone that's "called me out" in recent memory (I have a really good memory) was a newbie that I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

-rat

I never said the best sticks are the DA noodle measuring freaks, I just said most of the ones who always want to 'prove' something in the DA are also the ones whining, pissin' n' moanon' after they get shot down, which is apparently very, very often.

What you are talking about wetrat, is more training with Urchin, that has alot of value but only because you are actually setting up common scenarios that occur in the MA. What this thread was about, is the DA noodle measuring freaks. Usually one guy gets wacked by another guy, the one that gets wacked gets his panties in a bunch and wants to goto DA. Those are Head-on merge, same plane, co-alt/Co-E affairs. As you said, this a freakishly rare occurrence in the MA, the likelihood of encountering that situation in the MA is astronomically against. If you did you likely would treat it entirely differently as 9 out of 10 head-on merges in the MA equal Ho/evade or Ho/Ho non-merge.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2005, 01:36:29 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
Zazen I've told you how many times already?

You-do-not-impress-anyone.

Talk about fighters like you know them... Yet spend the vast majority of your on line time in a field gun or osti.

I told you before... Save the preaching for those that do not know you. Cause you'll always suck to those who do know you.

Edit: Few more things...

Anyone who's gone into the DA will tell you without a doubt in their mind that they perform better in the MA because of their knowledge gained in the DA.

What you learn in the DA will simply help you... Another tool so to speak... To build on your skills in the MA. Dont think for a minute that energy tactics are not learned in the DA. Again, anyone who knows about dueling will tell you its simply not about turning your plane as fast and as hard as you can to gain a gun solution.

There is alot more to be had in the DA than just 1v1s. You can set up 2 on 1's or 2 on 2s ect. They help greatly in providing you with more "tools" which you can use when you need them in the MA. We used to have a little even with a dozen or so people in the DA just about every sunday... One thing I heard the most after it was over.... a few days later was how helpful that was for them and that they learned alot about fighter tactics that they could then use in the MA.

So please... You are giving people the wrong idea about the DA. Its in no way just...yank the stick as hard as you can and get to the other guy first.

If more people would go to the DA and spend some time learning in there, and gain some confidence in them selves, things might be a little different in the MA than what they curently are.

Could you do all of the above in the MA? Sure you can. Could you do all of the above to the frequency you can in the DA... In the MA? Nope.

If you think your so bad Zazen why dont you stop by one day... That's not chest thumping... Its an invitation.

Yup, I suck! I think you've established that Morpheus, I totally 100% agree you're a God and I suck, but anyways, on with the debate!... ;)

Zazen

PS. This thread was not about setting up training scenarios within the DA, it was about wagering a month's subscription on the old, tried and true, HO merge noodle measuring duel.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 01:40:08 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Mulligan

• Copper Member
DA
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2005, 04:53:03 AM »
I am a very poor pilot.  I would love to go to the DA and be taught by some of you masters.  I agree with Morpheus However, in that  evereytime I go to the DA it is filled with kids with high squeaky voices.  I have
been playing AH just about a  year and apart from initial lessons in the TA, have had little help with my pilot skills other than from trial and error.  The MA is not the same as the DA but most of the skills do cross over.

Mulligan:aok

storch

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2005, 06:56:39 AM »
I get challenged to the DA regularly by people who get annoyed not by my *flying* (which resoundingly sucks) but my my scathing commentaries on 200 or sometimes here.  I love it and I LMAO when it occurs.  the one that makes me laugh the most is that WussMenstruatorpolLute

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2005, 07:27:44 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Yup, I suck! I think you've established that Morpheus, I totally 100% agree you're a God and I suck, but anyways, on with the debate!... ;)

Zazen

PS. This thread was not about setting up training scenarios within the DA, it was about wagering a month's subscription on the old, tried and true, HO merge noodle measuring duel.

$500 says Zazen would pwn in an Ostie in the DA.   That is your calling Zazzy!  Some 10 year old twirp starts vulching in the DA, bring em down.

Karyaa
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2005, 07:30:13 AM »
It would be nice if you could bet perks on DA fights, sort of akin to 'racing for pinks'. It would be even better if people could bet perks who were not involved as well.

However, it would be worthless unless HTC reset perks every month on your renewal date. Everyone has 20k perks currently...
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2005, 08:39:56 AM »
Comparing the DA to the MA is like comparing a pistols at dawn duel to a barfight.

The only thing the same about them is that a few people excell at both.

SA is much more important in the MA.

You want to tell what pilots are truly good, fogret score & tour winners.

Go hang out in the KOTH.

You have to be able to fly any plane in the set well. Not just your favorite.
You have to be the last guy left alive, not once, not twice, but 3 times.

2 time winners become "wabbits" and  everyone hunts them. 3,4,5 on 1 and no whining allowed. Its root hog or die time.

You can't afford to get locked into a single fight, because if you do some no name dweeb will slide up to both of you & blow you away.

You want to know who the dangerous people are in AH. In no particular order.

1olo ,  Asmodai , BadBoy , Balsy , BigMax , BluKitty , BuLLZ , Cavalear
 DrkBlue,  Flyboy,  GooseCH , Jish65 , ManeTMP , Nuke33 , pellik ,piterkO
 SkyChimp ,  Stang ,tartew ,TC ,Vlkyrie1 ,Wadke , Wilbuz ,WindX , WMLute
 YUCCA.

Offline slyph

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2005, 09:50:31 AM »
:cry
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 10:01:02 AM by slyph »

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2005, 10:43:26 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth

1olo ,  Asmodai , BadBoy , Balsy , BigMax , BluKitty , BuLLZ , Cavalear
 DrkBlue,  Flyboy,  GooseCH , Jish65 , ManeTMP , Nuke33 , pellik ,piterkO
 SkyChimp ,  Stang ,tartew ,TC ,Vlkyrie1 ,Wadke , Wilbuz ,WindX , WMLute
 YUCCA.

Guess what. Those two in bold.

Are the same person. :)

Skychimp = dangerous? :lol
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 11:56:12 AM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2005, 11:45:04 AM »
lol.. none of them are "dangerous"...

They might put up a little fight, but they are sure to be squealing on the way down.;)

Stang and Bigmax are the only two I really would think twice about engaging in the same plane, especially coalt.