Author Topic: A timid Pilot  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
A timid Pilot
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2005, 01:29:44 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
mugz please. were you there? mmmk then.

Maybe the comment on Ch200 about "better hurry up 109" while hs friends were roaring in tipped me off that he was in fact trying to set me up.

But of course you knew that. You were there. :rolleyes:

you should think twice before you post something. for your own good.

For my own good? What are you going to do?
Make derogatory comments in the BBS?
Im not directly referring to you situation directly.
Im simply pointing out the fact that its actually more rare that players are organized as a group than it is they just happen to be in the genarl area..
Sorry if i made you so defensively jumpy.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
A timid Pilot
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2005, 02:06:17 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 10:34:24 AM by Skuzzy »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
A timid Pilot
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2005, 02:32:29 PM »
This thread gets the Bronze...Not enough replies from certain people to warrent a Silver or Gold yet. But it could elevate in time...LOL

HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
A timid Pilot
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2005, 02:56:47 PM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 10:34:45 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
A timid Pilot
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2005, 03:21:53 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 10:35:00 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
A timid Pilot
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2005, 03:25:16 PM »
I personally like when youcome in on a merge, and have some alt on the nme, drop for the canopy/tail shot and they pull up into you..... usually if you pull up into a guy with cannons, that is bad juju.  The guy loses that merge and then jumps on private channel to you and tells you it was a nice HO.... being timid is flying smart in a sense.  Keeping your advantage in fight is kind of the point.  Nothing like blowing your advantage to give the guy a free kill...... morons I tell you.:rolleyes:
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
A timid Pilot
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2005, 03:44:33 PM »
Exactly Sketch... If you put yourself at a disadvantage, better be ready to start fighting deffencively. If you die, its no ones fautl but your own. (you, being anyone) I enjoy fighting from a disadvantage. I actually find it easier in most planes to fight that way... Again, not to mention much more fun. When I die low and slow that's my fault, because I screwed up.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
A timid Pilot
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2005, 03:51:01 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 10:35:37 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
A timid Pilot
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2005, 03:53:39 PM »
lolz.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
A timid Pilot
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2005, 04:07:52 PM »
Morpheus, you are very correct.
Other than the split S's.  I has doing low yo-yos to help me get more speed so that I could follow you up each time and take some shots at you as you went vertical in those ropes.
I heard a countrymen say something to me on range channel.  At the time, you were bnz'n me for a few mintues already and I was under the impression that you were someone else.  Again, read my earlier post about my previous engage with a 109k.  I said "you better hurry up 109" on ch200 to alert you that if you don't, there "may" be others to jump you.  If someone takes more than 5 minutes of bnz passes to kill me, they deserve to get jumped.  I didn't call them in but one did ask, "hey kermit, do you need any help?"  and I responded, "I think it's playerX.  He's being timid and is just picking on me".

The only time I was co alt with you, you were doing over 300 while I was under 200.
After you shot me down, I was just frustrated at a few people, and then to get killed by a person that treats others on the bbs and in the game as stunninghunks, that was not right.  The good guy should always win.:D
So I just opened my mouth to give you a hard time.  
I won't do that to good people, not matter how bad a gang bang is, I'll sometimes salute the guy that gets me.
I believe everything has been explained now.

I apologize to everyone that heard me say something on ch200 that got offended.

Bodhi, you were being nosy and I mistreated you for that. I am sorry I aggreviated you.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
A timid Pilot
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2005, 04:16:21 PM »
Originally posted by killnu
Mugz, after your first pass, and i called pilot wound on 200 and you still extended 2k until i turned...yea i call that timid.  Then you engage after i break and made a few more of these passes picking off pieces then getting an engine.  after calling out on 200 that i was now pilot wounded and one engine, you extended 5k.  there is a line  between smart and timid.  like i said that night, fly how you want...you want to fly timid, go right ahead.  The extending 2k wasnt that bad, but throw in the fact i told you i was pilot wounded and eventually one engine then you extend 5k, that timid in my book.  you can write your book any way you like tho.
~S~

oh yea, to PM me in game the way you have about this, then to read your smak here...amazing the difference in tone b/n the two.:aok

Sir, i said it before...and ill say it now. I didnt see your text in game during the fight. Only after the fight did we converse. Not that i woulda gave a watermelon if you were wounded pilot or not. It just wouldnt have been a factor in my decision making during the fight.
The PM happened after this original post KillinU.
Smak talk? Where?
There is no smak talk. Just an example from an actual event in the MA that was related to the topic. If you feel the need to come here and reveal yourself as the second party? Be my guest. Again..i think your one of the good guys and im sorry if you think this is a slam in any way. It doesn't change the lesson to be learned by all. Fly your own fight, ignor the rediculas text. Had i seen the text and reacted to it, you might have killed me in a snap shot while "NOT" in the blackout had i been too agressive.
I made it a point to remove you game ID for a reason. This wasnt meant to be smak talk or a reflection on your skill or person. PS. I Know you are a better stick than I. and forgive me if i went about it wrong.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 06:02:59 PM by Mugzeee »

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
A timid Pilot
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2005, 04:24:00 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 10:36:49 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline palef

• Gold Member
A timid Pilot
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2005, 06:39:14 PM »
Interesting thread. This one has plagued me for a while, and sometimes I get a little upset when called timid (should probably have a break:) ).

However as a counterpoint to the point of this thread, I had one of the most amazing fights and subsequent CH200 backslapping events ever.

The "old" Islands map was up and I was winging with Silat, something I usually dread as he uses me as bait, however this night the boot was on the other foot. I've been flying the F4U-4 a lot lately, and am astounded that more people don't fly it. It is a hidden gem. We were doing the A10-A9 run, and I was some 10k higher than Lew and he was in big trouble. Just as I was about to jump in, a slightly higher "Typhoon" (I say that because they usually turn into "Tempest" at 400yds) engaged me. We twisted and turned, and I kept milking the F4U-4's E rentention ability until I started getting angles on the Tiffie (phew NOT a Tempest).

As is the dogfighter's wont, we slowly lost alt while we jousted, ACMing for all our worth. I noticed 2 Spits and a La7 hovering around the fight, so I figured the guy I was fighting must have warned them off. I have no idea how long the fight went, but it felt like hours, when my honourable (and pinged) opponent tried to escape by tunnelling through a small hill. Blimey! Danodano! Not only was it a superb fight, the guy was good too!

Silat had been playing with some guys slightly lower than my fight, and was now bogged down by the guys who had being staying out of my fight with Dano. Plus I was low and slow. Bugger. By now Dano and I had exhanged and greetings on 200, and marvelled at being allowed to have a decent 1vs1 fight that could have gone either way. I called Silat to see if he needed help to extract himself, and just then he lost an engine (P38 - what a surprise). BUgger again. I turned back to help, low on alt and E and thinking, drat what a way to finish a great fight with Dano, bounced by his buddies. Somehow though we managed to take the (now 5) guys down, one by one, until the La7 popped Silat. I managed to get the La7, just as more guys arrived, and I ran out of ammo. All the while Dano, who has come back, is staying out of the fight, offering gentle encouragement.

He let me go once the fight was over. The whole engagement lasted about 10 minutes, but it was one of those sweat drenched, peel your fingers off the joystick fights, that happen about once a year, usually because one of the good guys makes it special.

CH 200 doesn't HAVE to be pointless chest beating contest. In fact you can both, opponents that is, use it to your advantage if you are respectful.

Voch5
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 06:43:04 PM by palef »
Retired

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
A timid Pilot
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2005, 08:45:12 PM »
Originally posted by Kermit de frog
Bodhi, you were being nosy and I mistreated you for that. I am sorry I aggreviated you.

You started a whinefest on 200.  That is about as public as I can imagine a whinefest being...

Eitehr way, I am not aggravated, just thought it was poor form.  Hell, everyone hates getting killed, but to take it to the extremes you did....
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
A timid Pilot
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2005, 10:11:20 PM »
Originally posted by palef
Interesting thread. This one has plagued me for a while, and sometimes I get a little upset when called timid (should probably have a break:) ).

However as a counterpoint to the point of this thread, I had one of the most amazing fights and subsequent CH200 backslapping events ever.

Voch5

Great AAR Voch, brought a tear to my eye. Reminds me alot of the chivalrous days of AWFR when you could call bingo ammo and the guy would let you go. Somewhere along the way the world became a much more cruel and cold place. It's nice to know the old school ways aren't totally dead.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc