Author Topic: Newbie Question  (Read 536 times)

Offline PirateBill

• Zinc Member
Newbie Question
« on: December 21, 2005, 06:07:39 AM »
Hey, this probably falls under the category of painfully obvious but I have a problem selecting alternate weapon loads. When in the hangar I'll select rockets, but when I take off they're not on the plane. Any ideas? TIA

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Newbie Question
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 06:34:04 AM »
You can select your secondary weapon by pressing backspace while in flight. The text on the ammo counter should show what weapons you currently have active (selected).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 06:38:42 AM by Panzzer »
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Newbie Question
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 06:52:21 AM »
pass your mouse over the different load out depictions: drop tanks, bombs, rockets, and also differing ammo loads.  click on the 1 you want and it will be raised atop a box i believe.

hap

Offline PirateBill

• Zinc Member
Newbie Question
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 01:15:38 PM »
I've tried backspace and as far as selecting my loadout in the hangar I think I get that. But once I get in the plane its like I only have guns.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Newbie Question
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 01:29:06 PM »
Go to setup and check your keyboard map. There is a key in there for "select secondary weapon" (it's labeled something like that).

This is a toggle. If you have a plane with guns, rockets, and bombs, and you fly that plane, selecting this key (default is "backspace") will toggle your secondary guns to "guns" "rkts" and depending on the size of the bomb, that bomb's weight divided by 10 (500lb bomb would show up as "50") followed by the quantity for each.

The second bank, the one that usually says "CAN" is the one that will toggle. To get back to your guns after selecting bombs/rockets/whatever, select the secondary weapon select key until you have your guns back.

Offline PirateBill

• Zinc Member
Newbie Question
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 02:24:31 PM »
Thanks guys, well as it turns out I was hitting the backslash button the whole time. D'oh!! Oh well I'm running on no sleep, thats my story and I'm sticking to it.;)

Offline Lan784

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Newbie Question
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2005, 11:14:05 PM »
n00b

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Newbie Question
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 07:16:49 AM »
Originally posted by Lan784
n00b

no reason for this in the help and training section.........none at all!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC