Author Topic: why we will win in iraq  (Read 2011 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
why we will win in iraq
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2005, 05:14:19 PM »
Obviously your family and history is lying. Boroda and his ministry of korrect russian information is right...........

Dowding that is more sarcasm in case you didn't get it. :rolleyes:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
why we will win in iraq
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2005, 07:24:41 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Obviously your family and history is lying. Boroda and his ministry of korrect russian information is right...........

Dowding that is more sarcasm in case you didn't get it. :rolleyes:
:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
why we will win in iraq
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2005, 03:03:22 AM »
I don't think that Maverick needs a cheerleader, Rip.
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
why we will win in iraq
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2005, 12:37:12 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
feel free to correct this page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogrom

It's unusual for Wikipedia, but the article is mostly correct. No Russian cities are mentioned there.

Your problem is that you don't understand the meanings of a word "Russian". It has two meanings, and in Russian language we have two words for it. The old definition of Russian by nationality (Velikoross) isn't used since Revolution. I am half Russian (Great-Russian, Velikoross), half Ukrainian (Small-Russian, Maloross) and a Russian citizen (Rossiyanin).

Like a person can be a Jew and a Russian at the same time (in English), in Russian he's a Jew (Yevrey) and a Russian citizen (Rossiyanin).

Home work: are Chechens Russians?

This things lead to many misunderstandings. It also shows how little you guys know about us, and how distorted some things are in your minds.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
why we will win in iraq
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2005, 12:44:49 PM »
Originally posted by Silat
Jews didnt live in Russian parts of the empire? Are you joking?
You need to read history..
Tell me Boroda is Odessa part of Russia............Plenty of Jews were killed there during the pogroms. Some of my relatives......

Yyyyy!!!

You guys are sometimes truely entertaining.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_of_Settlement

Odessa isn't a part of Russia, it's a part of Ukraine. It was built as a "free trading zone" in XVIII century on the lands taken from Ottman Empire. It was a part of Russian Empire, but never a part of Great Russia. Nikolaev was excluded from Pale of Settlement, Odessa wasn't.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
why we will win in iraq
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2005, 03:35:16 AM »
Originally posted by Boroda
It's unusual for Wikipedia, but the article is mostly correct. No Russian cities are mentioned there.

Your problem is that you don't understand the meanings of a word "Russian". It has two meanings, and in Russian language we have two words for it. The old definition of Russian by nationality (Velikoross) isn't used since Revolution. I am half Russian (Great-Russian, Velikoross), half Ukrainian (Small-Russian, Maloross) and a Russian citizen (Rossiyanin).

Like a person can be a Jew and a Russian at the same time (in English), in Russian he's a Jew (Yevrey) and a Russian citizen (Rossiyanin).

This things lead to many misunderstandings. It also shows how little you guys know about us, and how distorted some things are in your minds.

It your problem, not mine, I have one and only one definition of Russian and guess what... it's not the post revolution one.

Ethnically ,Economicly or politically ?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 03:38:42 AM by straffo »

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
why we will win in iraq
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2005, 08:28:06 AM »
It your problem, not mine, I have one and only one definition of Russian and guess what... it's not the post revolution one.

Ok, if "pogroms" happened in Algeria in 1930s - are you to blame French people for it? Are you to blame Russian people for "pogroms" that happened in Kingdom of Poland before WWI?

Ethnically ,Economicly or politically ?

Ethnically - Chechens by nationality. By citizenship - Russians. What do you mean by "ecnomically"?

When we argue - IMHO most of the things where we disagree start with simple misunderstanding. We have to define terms before we make conclusions.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
why we will win in iraq
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2005, 08:55:10 AM »
Yyyyy!!!

You guys are sometimes truely entertaining.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_of_Settlement

Odessa isn't a part of Russia, it's a part of Ukraine. It was built as a "free trading zone" in XVIII century on the lands taken from Ottman Empire. It was a part of Russian Empire, but never a part of Great Russia. Nikolaev was excluded from Pale of Settlement, Odessa wasn't.

What are you the Director of the Department of Misinformation?
Part of the Russian Empire it is. That makes it for all intents and purposes Russian Boroda.
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
why we will win in iraq
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2005, 09:30:29 AM »
Originally posted by Silat
What are you the Director of the Department of Misinformation?
Part of the Russian Empire it is. That makes it for all intents and purposes Russian Boroda.

Tell it to current Ukrainian or Polish government.

Quite funny that you try to blame Russian people about what Polish anti-semites did. BTW, Kingdom of Poland had it's own laws.

As usual - if someone is beating Jews - it's Russian Empire, in any other case - it's poor opressed Poland.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
why we will win in iraq
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2005, 10:24:01 AM »
When we argue - IMHO most of the things where we disagree start with simple misunderstanding. We have to define terms before we make conclusions.

certainly , add to this trhe fact I'm answering from the a place were the internet connect can live more than 2 minutes with this ^**$^* 56k modem hanging up as often as it can !

more later