Author Topic: logitech  (Read 988 times)

Offline xd1001

• Zinc Member
logitech
« on: December 25, 2005, 08:41:26 AM »
i just got a new logitech extreme 3d pro any tips since i have ben flying  with a mouse

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: logitech
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 12:07:28 PM »
Originally posted by xd1001
i just got a new logitech extreme 3d pro any tips since i have ben flying  with a mouse

SRI to be the bearer of bad news but...

Put it back in the box and return it if you can. It's pure junk. Sorry but I speak from experience. The Saitek EVO will cost a bit more and is somewhat more reliable. I'd suggest you go to Best Buy or a box store that offers a replacement warranty. EVO's are notorious for "drifting out" and not holding calibration after a few months.

Good luck,

MaX

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
logitech
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 12:27:37 PM »
Logitech = garbage :(

Do what Max said.

Return it before its too late.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Callisto

• Copper Member
logitech
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 12:42:53 PM »
yep.. Logitech wont last  long.

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
logitech
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 03:57:31 PM »
They make good mice and keyboards. That's it :noid
Army of Muppets

Offline xd1001

• Zinc Member
logitech
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2005, 04:08:51 PM »
yahh about that unforalty santa gave it to me so i dont know where its from

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
logitech
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2005, 04:51:36 PM »
this kid's got COAD - ablity written all over him:D

Max

Offline Lan784

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Re: logitech
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2005, 09:39:15 PM »
Originally posted by xd1001

O YES LIKE the others said put it back in the box and return it. I had a logicrap a year ago about a week after i got it it was already acting up.
My advice is go to best buy get a Saitek X52 Flight control System for about $115 and you will be good for 2 or more years :)

Ok tips hmm...well everything now will be easier to shoot and to kill. Eaiser to fly. Eaiser to be called a cheater:lol . Not really any tips except to practice practice practice.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 09:46:20 PM by Lan784 »

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
logitech
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2005, 11:34:46 PM »
Yup... if ya can't return it, do yourself a favor, put it in the closet and keep it for a back-up, that's what I did.  The worst part of it is you can't control the nose bounce no matter what you do with it.  Mine's hardly used but I went out and got a Sitek X45, I have some issues with it but it flies ok and the bounce is bearable :)
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Lan784

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
logitech
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2005, 11:50:36 PM »
Originally posted by Alky
  The worst part of it is you can't control the nose bounce no matter what you do with it  

Thats what happened to my logicrap. Logicrap:lol

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
logitech
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2005, 07:21:23 AM »
xd1001, if you got it for Christmas, and have no way of returning it, go ahead and use it until you are fortunate to get you a better stick.

You can email the Trainers at Trainers(at)flyaceshigh.com

let us know when you are going to be online or one of us will setup a time to meet with you to help you get your stick setup the best you can for now, so you can start enjoying the game.........and we can give ya some good pointers to help ya out

not all is lost here , you can still use this logitech stick for now......

see ya up :cool:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline xd1001

• Zinc Member
logitech
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2005, 09:58:37 AM »
well that depends ive  used my tiral can you do it in h2h? and btw im on now

Offline bigsky406

• Zinc Member
logitech
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 02:36:35 PM »
I use the Logitech you have, it's the best I could afford and it works ok. Can't get the top thumb button to map which would be great for the views and give me the extra buttons I want....  Mine will be a year old this summer and I can feel it starting to wear out. (oh darn)

Basically, you need to calibrate it and then map the buttons you want. I've changed the button maps serveral times trying to find the the best comfort and fit.

Can't wait to get a better stick so I can do primary and secondary weapon sets not to mention less key board interaction.

Bottom line....I can fly with it, score kills and enjoy the game. (it's gotta be better than a mouse)

Goto setup and select JoyStick, set it up then go test it. Then go back to setup and reconfig the mapping of the buttons until it's comfortable for you. Calibration is most important, be sure to press every button, move the throttle back and forth, AND move the stick 360 degrees AND don't forget to twist it too.

Good luck and good hunting

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
logitech
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 04:26:04 PM »
My first joystick was a logitech wingman extreme 3d.  The rudder axis will be the first thing to go tits up.  I had it replaced under Logitech warranty.  That one's rudder axis went spiky.  My buddy gave me his barely used one - rudder axis went out.  

I bought CH pro pedals.  I still fly, 5 years later, with one of my Logitechs and my rudder pedals.  The hat switch recently went bad on my primary, so I've switched to one of my 2 backups.   When that one goes bad, I'll have to frankenstein them together to get one workable one.  :)

Just check the warranty, and be sure to collect on it ASAP when you notice something wrong.