Author Topic: Kabul is bombed.  (Read 4689 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2001, 02:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda:
They are not hiding in their "holes". They are ready for an invasion.

Would be very nice for the US if you're right Boroda. Will make it much easier to finish the job. However, since they haven't "owned" up to their heinous crime I think hiding is exactly what they are and will continue to do. Time will tell.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2001, 02:55:00 PM »
Correct Darkstar, they have the annoying tendency to get in the way.

Offline MADMARK1

• Zinc Member
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2001, 03:33:00 PM »
Boroda go blow it out your ass

SEMPER FI

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2001, 03:45:00 PM »
Ammo, I simply remember US at wars. And about inevitable civilian casualities - please rethink Western attitude to Chechen operation.

Dogger, there is WAR at the Southern border of the Commonwealth, war that came to the borders of the former Empire after our Western friends persuaded Gorbachev to withdraw from Afghan. Sending troops there was a great mistake, but withdrawing was even a bigger f#$kup.

They are not hiding in their "holes". They are ready for an invasion. Your post gives me an idea of what your TV feeds you.

A good link about Soviet operations in Afghanistan:
 http://www.afgan.spb.ru/index_e.html

Boroda-

Again your statement is "I simply remember US at wars". no fact, just that you remember something. Hey bud, news flash--- The soviets werent exactly kind to their enemy's, and most wars involve a dramatic amount of sad loss, both militarily and civilian. War is not a nice thing. The policy of the USA is to define some clear attainable military goals. We strive to limit collateral damage to an absolute minimum. We dont strike unless we have weighed all avenues. The talibam and the country of Afganistan have chosen the path they would take. They made their bed, let them lie in it.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2001, 04:58:00 PM »
Yeah, hegemon/Tac, that 'sh*t happens' attitude to civilian casualties was purported by both Hitler and Stalin.

But when it's your family I'm sure you'd feel a little different. 'Collateral damage'? That phrase still cracks me up.

Boroda - I don't think the cruise missiles are targeted at civilians, unlike the bombs at Nagasaki, Dresden etc. The UK/US will be very careful in the pursuit of this 'war'.

Of course, the millions of starving refugees who have displaced into unstable, poor and drought-stricken neighbouring countries might become indirect casualties of the attacks. But I'm hoping the Allies provide enough aid to sort that out.

Your point about Chechnya is interesting. I think it will become even more interesting in the next couple of years, when Russia wants to give the region a slap in the name of 'anti-terrorism'. I believe they will have bought silence from the West by helping in this latest crisis. Same goes for every 'dubious' member in the coalition.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline the_hegemon

• Copper Member
      • http://127.0.0.1
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2001, 05:16:00 PM »
ummm...my point was not that toejam happens, but that the US is not the only country to ever kill civilians in war.  Get a grip.

This thread is now closed.  Godwin's Law is being invoked.  See http://www.science.uva.nl/~mes/jargon/g/godwinslaw.html  for an explanation as to why    :p

[ 10-07-2001: Message edited by: the_hegemon ]

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2001, 05:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding:
But when it's your family I'm sure you'd feel a little different. 'Collateral damage'? That phrase still cracks me up.

Whether it cracks you up or not, it only describes civilian casualties, which is not a laughing matter.

Yea, we Americans are just insensitive killers, right? Your heart is bleeding Dowding.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2001, 06:57:00 PM »
Yet another case of mother russia being perfect and the uncaring americans carelessly doing wrongs throught the world.  Piss off Boroda.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2001, 07:23:00 PM »
Look I've been saying to fellow anti war red  scum. There are two ways of doing this either move our thumbs round and round and get these sub humans to keep attacking us and watch our civilized societies being reduced to paranoid and destroyed civilizations or,this is what THEY don't like, go in kick some bellybutton take some casualties and ask questions later. Sure, civilians will die, sure terrorists will die and of course this won't  stop further attack but what this will do is destroy one of the Terrorists organizations that are a threat to our well being.  People have to die we don't have uber bullets that search and track the bad guys , don't get me started on Chechnya.

I do think however this over emphasys on not getting collateral damage is making us look weak by being overly careful instead of going in and put some heat in their asses.

There is a saying by a good freind of mine that says "Shit happens and then you die",the thing is it's raining toejam all over Afghanistan.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2001, 07:43:00 PM »
1.01 means another half-million civilians killed?

Ok. Now while Americans will watch CNN reports - Russian border guards will fight and another thousands will die under "smart bombs".

If you would have done the job right the first time in 1980, you wouldn't be having to re-inforce your borders, would ya?  Takes America to come in and show you how its done  ;)

Offline whirl

• Zinc Member
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2001, 08:19:00 PM »
actually the Russians had won the war in afghanistan.  they started using spetnaz troops on search and destroy missions to a high degree of success.  this pushed the afghany into pakistan.  when we got involved and supplied stinger missiles is when the Russian problems started.  

just wanted to clear air on that.  i firmly believe in striking the taliban and providing humanitarian aide to the refugees.  lets not, as americans, be closed about our right to free speech though.  this country is founded on the right to believe in what we feel is right in our heart; grant, 93% or so of the country(me included) believe in swift military action, this doesn't mean the other 7% aren't patriotic though.  if we're going to express an opinion, lets show some class about it and grant others theirs.

[ 10-07-2001: Message edited by: whirl ]

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2001, 08:21:00 PM »
Hey guys liten to Boroda!!!

He gets his American data from legitaimate 1991 Soviet Communist sources!!!

And we all know Russians NEVER kill civilians, not in Chechnya, not in Afghanistan and certainly not in Eastern Germany during 1945!!!

So listen to Boroda, hes very ligit and unbiased. OK?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2001, 09:08:00 PM »
Are coalition forces targeting civilians? Nope. Are civilians gonna get killed? It's unavoidable. But if ya can't bear that, just what alternative do you propose? I still haven't heard anyone mention a viable alternative to what's now taking place. And doing absolutely nothing is *not* a viable alternative imho. Plus... the citizens are getting bombed with aid packages at the same time as the Taliban targets are getting hit. That's remarkable I think. What else can be done?

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2001, 09:25:00 PM »
Boroda few pics from Grozny Chechenya.
I wonder what kind of "Intelligent Artillery Shells" did russians use when they shelled that city.
Or did they just shoot and hope shell hits a terrorist/freedom fighter ?
 http://www.amina.com/images/grozny.html

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Kabul is bombed.
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2001, 12:24:00 AM »
Gentlemen, Give Boroda a break ok. As you know he gets all his information from the sqaueaky clean and alway accurate Russian Free press. He also gets his insights on religion from his god who lives in a 100 proof bottle.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown