Author Topic: How to reset everything to default?  (Read 361 times)

Offline Ast

• Zinc Member
How to reset everything to default?
« on: January 11, 2006, 06:45:10 AM »
Keyboard/Joystick mapping? EzTarget sent me a great profile, but I can't figure out how to reset everything to default so the darn thing accually works! Help! Please and thank you =)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 07:16:44 AM »
one way is to go into your HTC\settings\ folder and delete the stick.cfg and all files with extension of .kmp  ( keyboard mapping & stick mapping files )

then relog, this should reinstall all default files for you.........if I remeber correctly, then go and pick ya joystick and calibrate and reset it up....

someone correct me if I am off base here, please
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 07:16:54 AM »
To set everything back to defaul, delete the settings folder in your AH game installment. It will recreate itself with default values on next startup of the game.

This will delete *all* custom settings for video, sound, radio, favorites, convergences, stick maps, keyboard maps etc.

Delete only the ####.kmp (keyboard map) and the stick.cfg in the settings folder to reset only JS and KB setup.

Edit: LoL TC, i admit quicktyping defeat to you :).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Ast

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 01:45:27 PM »
Thanks fellas! Workin' great now, just gotta spend more time practicing on the AI. I went into the Arena and got killed about 30 times before I even got off the runway =(

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 02:10:36 PM »
Shooting the AI offline is good targeting practice. But wont really prepare you for Main Arena.

Come by the Training Arena, there you can familiarize yourself with the planes, fight other players (from newbie to very skilled trainers) and get almost all your questions answered.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Ast

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 02:25:53 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
Shooting the AI offline is good targeting practice. But wont really prepare you for Main Arena.

Come by the Training Arena, there you can familiarize yourself with the planes, fight other players (from newbie to very skilled trainers) and get almost all your questions answered.
Will do tonight after I'm done playin' around with Lock On =)