Author Topic: Wish to modify the perk system  (Read 438 times)

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
      • http://mywebpages.comcast.net/markw4/index.html
Wish to modify the perk system
« on: January 11, 2006, 08:09:23 PM »
Since the implementation of the perk system many questions are asked of the planes that are perked and the ones that are not that seem as if they should be which leads to the Perk the La-7, Spit XVI and NIK2 threads some of which are valid and some are not.

I would like to propose a perk system that works like an RPS except instead of rotating aircraft different perk values are assigned to aircraft of different years.

For instance

1940 - 1 point
1941 - 2 points
1942 - 4 points
1943 - 8 points
1944 - 12 points
1945 - 20 points

This is obviously not perfect for a number of reasons not to mention the ME-163, ME-262 and Tempest which are troublesome to say the least and exceptions would have to be made for these A/C.

Also all players would have a minimum number of perk points so everyone could fly at the latest a 1943 aircraft but they would have to earn the points to advance to 1944/45 types.

IMHO this would help to reduce the use of the later war types such as the NIK2, P-51D, La-7 and encourage the use of the P-51B, A6M, La-5.

I don't know if this is a priority of HTC but the top killers in AH2 are seem to be a mix of late war, low production aircraft. Of course there are exceptions and my point is not to start an arguement about the best or most commonly used however it would be nice to see a little bit more diversity in the active plane set that I think could be achieved by adding a small value to most aircraft of mid to late war origin.

Carry on.