Author Topic: X52 Help!  (Read 673 times)

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
X52 Help!
« on: January 20, 2006, 07:08:32 PM »
Hey all,

I went from an X45 to the X52 yesterday. So far I am having no luck getting it to handle like the x45 did. I am bouncing alot when trying to get resolutions for shots, snaproll(tho this may just be the looser grip), etc. Has anyone figured out an x52 AH profile that makes it feel like an x45? I've tried the sliders, dampening, etc.

Also does anyone know how if it is possible to get the stick to give more resistance? Any help is appreciated.
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
X52 Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 02:31:54 AM »
Ask Betty:)
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
My name is TalonX, and I use an X52
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 07:50:53 AM »
I think we need the equivalent of AA for the X52!

I had a bear of a time with it as well, but it gets better....actually, it gets great!

First, load the right stick map, so you can use both hat buttons.  I can't remember off hand, but it's not hard to find it.

Dampen the movements near the center.  It is a sensitive stick, and needs to be de-tuned near the center or every twitch will result in the nose swinging back and forth.   Dampen all three axes.

Finally, just fly.  You will develop the touch, and come to love the stick, I promise.

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
X52 Help!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 08:36:09 AM »
that is why I have an X52 in the closet and a 4 year warranty on my online X45 purchase from Circuit City :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

storch

X52 Help!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 08:39:33 AM »
Thats why I have two brand new still in the box unopened X45s under my computer desk.  my next stick is a CH but that may be a few years hence.

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
X52 Help!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 09:51:40 AM »
The x52 takes a few hours of solid flight to start to get used to (esp after usin an x45).  It has an incredibly smooth movement and has very low speing tension.  While it can take a little getting used to it is FAR superior to high tension spings in many ways, you get less fatigue and are actually flying your airplane, not fighting against a spring.  The forces on the x52 are very close to te spring forces on the CH gear, Only thrustmaster clings to the notion of heavy springs.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
X52 Help!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 10:18:13 AM »
Originally posted by storch
Thats why I have two brand new still in the box unopened X45s under my computer desk.  my next stick is a CH but that may be a few years hence.

for the money you paid for all those 45's under your desk you could have had a CH already! :D

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: X52 Help!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 10:32:40 AM »
Originally posted by nimble
Hey all,

I went from an X45 to the X52 yesterday. So far I am having no luck getting it to handle like the x45 did. I am bouncing alot when trying to get resolutions for shots, snaproll(tho this may just be the looser grip), etc. Has anyone figured out an x52 AH profile that makes it feel like an x45? I've tried the sliders, dampening, etc.

Also does anyone know how if it is possible to get the stick to give more resistance? Any help is appreciated.

Add more deadband to the twisty stick. Kempek had serious issues with snap stalls using his new X52. So, I had him deselect the twisty stick for rudder control and like magic, no more snap stalls. So, he reselected the twisty for rudder, added a lot of deadband and the problem was solved.

The ultimate solution is to save your nickels and dimes and purchase a set of CH Products Pro Pedals. I recommend buying from ProVantage; lowest prices I've seen.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

storch

X52 Help!
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 11:08:46 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
for the money you paid for all those 45's under your desk you could have had a CH already! :D
I picked them both up for $45.00 used each and they had the extended warranty thing.  I went to best buys and simply got new ones.

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
X52 Help!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 11:32:21 AM »
To synchronize Sliders of AH and deadbands of X52 it took me
more than 2 months and some rediculus kills (me dead) where
my adversary could not believe how easy was to kill me :)

Anyway once and for all put the dead zones in this space and forget
X52, you can enjoy fight. The dead zone space  is from-to   I---I  .
To the 3 axis, X,Y, and Twist. Its  around 1cm.

The secret is that its too sensitive, so 1mm more make it more slow and steady,
1mm less make it more fast or unstable. Give it some tests and enjoy one of the bests joysticks. Hope that helps :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 12:31:32 PM by Hades55 »

Online Max

• Platinum Member
X52 Help!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 11:36:38 AM »
Hades could you please clarify that a bit more?

Max

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
X52 Help!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 11:40:25 AM »
dmax. Just make the dead zone space around 1cm.
At the 3 axis.

2nd edit correction

For these settings go to the X52 control panel.

The space of 4 letters on your screen with 1200x1024 res.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 11:47:40 AM by Hades55 »

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
X52 Help!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 11:58:17 AM »
If the space of 4 letters make it slow for your standarts you cut space
little by little (less than 1mm a time) test and again until you come to
the magic point. Its the point where the smile come to your face ;)

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Re: X52 Help!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 12:18:59 PM »
Originally posted by nimble
Hey all,

I went from an X45 to the X52 yesterday.    Any help is appreciated.

imop, the $$$ you paied for both of them could buy a CHfightersick/pedals, and forget about stick troubles for next few years

Online Max

• Platinum Member
X52 Help!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 03:57:11 PM »
Originally posted by Hades55
dmax. Just make the dead zone space around 1cm.
At the 3 axis.

2nd edit correction

For these settings go to the X52 control panel.

The space of 4 letters on your screen with 1200x1024 res.

You can the deadband two ways - reducing the outter deadband or increasing the inner deadband. Are you referring to increasing the center, which would give the center a bit more play?

Max