Author Topic: gotta say  (Read 938 times)

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
gotta say
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 10:32:08 AM »
yeah, great fights

log on now, im in there at the moment

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
gotta say
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 10:35:14 AM »
if we want to see more player in the AvA, we need to get the word out to the AH community, not just the old CT visitors.

see here, give your feedback:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169285

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
gotta say
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2006, 11:25:12 AM »
I'll see if I can get in there today it sounds like a blast! love that Hurri 1:t

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
gotta say
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2006, 01:57:08 PM »
Originally posted by Pooface
awesome fights man

my only problem was that i had to run home all the time and reload lol. you only get enough ammo for 1 and a half kills lol, the 303's REALLY need an upgrade, because there's no internal damage model, which stinks.

great flying in that 110, i'll try and find you in there again tonight!

Yeah I noticed you emptied about 1500 rounds into my 110 and after my wings started looking like Swiss Cheese I realized I was missing some other parts.  It sounded like I was flying through a hail storm! :rofl

As far as flying the 110, those mean attack planes like the 110's, mossie, IL2 and A20 are my favorites to fly.  Don't know why but it is fun being the under dog.... but then again I could be in a 262 and still be an underdog! :O
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
gotta say
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2006, 02:43:40 PM »
I don't fly that much AH anymore (usualy too tired in the evenings) but I took up a Hurri I last Friday and had a blast. In my fights today I found out I had been extremely lucky to get 3 109's and one 110 in my Hurri that first time though :D In other words I got shot down a lot of times, but hey, I got some more kills too!

I really really like this set-up and there are even enough European players on to get some meaningful fights. Rolling planeset, historical set-ups, good fights, normal fuel burn, great! And the historical strengths and weaknesses of the planes really stand out.

Offline TankBstr

• Zinc Member
.303s
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2006, 10:06:45 PM »
Man, I took part in one of Poo's "big wings" tonight and had a blast.  I recorded it, and I'll see if I can get it hosted for you all.  As for the .303s, I was flying a spittie and got 3 kills - 2 88s and a 110.  However, looking at the film, it looks like they were pretty lucky, the 110 was a snapshot at d200 and the 88s were finished off by other people.  I have my convergance set at 250 and try not to shoot any further away than 300 or so.  I love this rolling planeset and arena, so much better than kiddies in the MA.  I'll sure be around for more.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
gotta say
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2006, 04:04:10 AM »
With the joint ops between the RAF and LW34 - it turned out really great tonight, as you could see from the screen caps in the other threads. Been awhile since we've seen 15 Hurri's diving in at once toward so many JU88s who knew how to hold a group together - that was great to see.

But its been even longer since the pucker factor kicked in. Its never a natural thing to dive toward the business end of a defended bomber - especially when you see the tracers - and then go and look at the mission tape and how close they really were - especially the ones you didnt see.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

storch

gotta say
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2006, 07:27:31 AM »
it's a crying shame we have no He-111s and Do-17s too.  great screenies thanks for posting them.

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
gotta say
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2006, 04:06:58 AM »
I always loved the Defiant. Would be hell to model and completely useless but what a nice and completly misguided idea :aok

Maybe a Swordfish is out of the question? ;)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
gotta say
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2006, 10:39:23 AM »
Originally posted by storch
it's a crying shame we have no He-111s and Do-17s too.  

Very true.

btw, what possesed the LW to load the 0.3 guns with 1000 rpg ?! I spray them like crazy and never even spend half of the load. It's extremely fun to shoot someone down using just them :)

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs