Author Topic: Lazer Buff guns  (Read 5232 times)

Offline SPIKER

• Copper Member
Up to Speed
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2006, 10:11:48 AM »
Most of us have seen the changes in AH to make the game more enjoyable, the people within AH along with input from the conferences and the people of the flying community have made request for changes and improvements.  
  The advent of the formations was to allow a single player to feel more of the power of a group working together in WWII.  At the time it was a bonus to the game and so many people enjoyed the change (something new).  
  Now just like the test says “12345678900987654321 it is time for all good men to come to the aid of their country”.

A single bomber it must be changed to, then pilots must come together to build a formation.

Thus it will solve so many of the forgotten disadvantages and misuse of the bomber formations like dive bombing.  
      I have enjoyed the use of the formations in the old IronHead squadron where you would see 50 bombers in the air, let’s do this again but with a combined effort of pilots.

Good Huntin
Spiker

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2006, 10:32:21 AM »
who is this newb?

I been playin this flight sim just as long as you,if not longer.

You know where you can put your hint right?

Seems as though i struck a nerve........

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2006, 11:28:56 AM »
Rather than offering something informative and helpful to this thread you offer up your low IQ and anything that comes to mind first.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

storch

Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2006, 12:21:27 PM »
I say allow all buff drivers to hightlight morph as their wingman these whine threads from the BVSS are comedy gold.  keep up the good work buffs.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2006, 12:25:06 PM »
This is something I would expect you to say storch. Its also something I would expect a 10 year old to say. One in the same.

Rather than fixing something that needs fixing keep it the way it is so it bothers me? Where do you get your logic?

Btw, its pretty sad that just because someone shoots you down in the CT you can't get along with them. Time to grow up storch.

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2006, 12:27:06 PM »
Originally posted by storch
I say allow all buff drivers to hightlight morph as their wingman these whine threads from the BVSS are comedy gold.  keep up the good work buffs.

Thought you were spanked for comments like this already? Time for more? :lol

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2006, 01:29:37 PM »
Morpheus, I agree with you that bombers gunnery has unreal accuracy, and bombers have clear advantage when deal with one fighter. But two attacking fighters turn the table, and this advantage becomes disadvantage. Highly unrealistic that all gunners in fomation would shoot in one attacker only.

So, I see the unrealistic accuracy of bombers gunnery as some way to compensate impossibility to withstand against 2+ attackers. Your idea to decrease or randomize gunnery will make literally impossible for bombers to survive multi-fighters attack.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2006, 01:33:47 PM »
Any decent shot in a buff formation can shoot down 5 or more enemy before he himself gets shot down.  Show me a fighter that can do that, lol.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2006, 01:36:08 PM »
Originally posted by Vad
So, I see the unrealistic accuracy of bombers gunnery as some way to compensate impossibility to withstand against 2+ attackers. Your idea to decrease or randomize gunnery will make literally impossible for bombers to survive multi-fighters attack.

What's wrong with that? Make them work for it. Make them fly together or get fighter help. If your avg. lone fighter goes into a 4vs1, he's dead and he's lucky if he gets one. Take the lone buff formation(still just one player), he easily stands a chance of getting most of them, if not all of them. Bombers have so much power to affect this game. Just one formation of B24s or lanc can take down a small feild. They should have to earn that ability by making it harder for them to do so.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2006, 01:56:00 PM »
When is enough, enough?

We already have a bomb sight that rivals that of the F117s of today. The guns on them also rival the B52's radar guided deffencive guns. While the fighters of the game have had hit bubbles reduced and FM's changed to make gunnery and FM's more realistic, bombers reamain on an upward swing towards Nintendo like realism.

Again, some may be happy with this trend. Heck, HT may even gain more customers this way. I dont know... I do know though, that a bomber never had the ability to drop bombs while inverted. Or enter a 450mph dive and release a full salvo of bombs and pull out of that dive with ease. Or have all guns from all gunner positions converge on a single target 600 yards out with god like accurracy.

With a bomber at 25k, where ballistics of a bullet change dramaticly, and trajectory flattens out enormously, a fighter is dead meat in this game. Ballistics change for the better for both a bombers and fighters guns. But the fighter is the one that must work up to and get over a bomber. To make one pass and while on is way through be ripped to shreds. While the buffs have a rock solid gun platform in which to fire their lazers from.

When I take up a bomber, and climb to 25k+ I fly with near impunity from all fighters.I am not even someone I woudl consider to be a good gunner, and I have absolutely no problem killing one fighter after the next in a bomber.  Again, I'm not complaining because I can't shoot down bombers and get killed in the process. I am making a point, that their just too accurrate, with all of them shooting at and hitting in the same place at 600 yards, its just not right...

storch

Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2006, 01:56:33 PM »
who did you spank dipstick?  here's what I read morph.wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa make the bad buffs stop mommy make them stop wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa  it's hilarious please continue.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 01:59:45 PM by storch »

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2006, 02:01:26 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
What's wrong with that? Make them work for it. Make them fly together or get fighter help. If your avg. lone fighter goes into a 4vs1, he's dead and he's lucky if he gets one. Take the lone buff formation(still just one player), he easily stands a chance of getting most of them, if not all of them. Bombers have so much power to affect this game. Just one formation of B24s or lanc can take down a small feild. They should have to earn that ability by making it harder for them to do so.

I just want to say that advantage in one area is compensated by disadvantage in another. Yes, bomber formation is just one player but it is 3 bombers, and you should respect them as 3 bombers. 2 fighters easily shoot down all of them attacking from different angles, which is not very accurate and realistic.

During 2 years of playing AH I flew just few sorties in bombers, so as a mostly fighter I would like to decrease bomber gunnery. But bomber guys are paying their 15 bucks, and game should be honest for them too.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Re: Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2006, 02:18:07 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
For every gun on a bomber that can aim in the direction of where your shooting, to converge all at the exact same point, at 600 yards, is rediculous. Gunners where not this good, ever. What we have now is better than the radar guided guns on B52s.

I surely hope this is not what ToD or whatever its called will be like. Something needs to be done. By the time a 109 gets into firing range of a B17 he will be minus both wings and flaming down to earth.

IMO something needs to be done. This is not just a gripe because I die to buff guns. It's also because when I fly them I have no problem shooting nme planes down 1 after the next like fish in a barrel. They are so on par with the unrealistic FM of buffs its not funny. As it is they can drop bombs from any angle at any speed under any situation. Add to that these lazers and they're just a joke.

Agreed.
I use the B26s for base defence on CAPed bases, if i make it up,25% fuel drop eggs b4 take off, those 3 bombers are more eficient than 5-10 x M16s sitting ducks on the base.

yep, is BS not realistic, but works, cuz alied air farce was modeled first, and LW after from leftovers,

imop the LW is porked. The FW190-sturmbock,  was heavy armored, they parked it behind the bombers kill the tail guner and blast it with heavy guns. But if you get a Fw190A8,in AH with heavy guns, just lose the poor performance has left, nothing improves in damage model.
Try to catch a loaded formation of Lancs in FW190A8 over 20K .
The bombers are running at full power for hours without burning rings and engines, What was the speed of bombers in boxformations?!! all the books i read was under 200mph, 180mph,
Why the MK103, or BK5 was not modeled to hit the buffs from 1 k?!  

As you say the guns are  a "joke",  not only the guns,but all ToD, if they don't bring it close to reality
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 02:39:21 PM by ghi »

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2006, 02:18:27 PM »
Originally posted by storch
who did you spank dipstick?  here's what I read morph.wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa make the bad buffs stop mommy make them stop wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa  it's hilarious please continue.

Good points, storch. Thanks for your input.

Morph

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Lazer Buff guns
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2006, 02:29:23 PM »
First of all its a bad idea to attack bombers from the dead 6 position.
always attack from off angles or better yet from the high front 10,11,1 and 2:00 positions
If you do it right you can make a pass from alt, pass on them high to low then extend and climb out in front of them and do it all over again

That being said. Yes Bomber gunnners are probably a bit too accurate.
A large part of this problem is because the gun recoil is not accurately modeled in bombers enabling you to fire from a nice stable platform thus making them laserlike as opposed to all the bouncing shaking and vibrating they should be doing.

Another part of this is the lack of turbulance in the game again enabling the guns to be fired from a nice,stable platform all the time

not to mention that the individual skill and panic level of each gunner doesnt come into effect.
Im sure some gunners were better then others. Some were more prone to panicing while others had nerves fo steel. as well as everything inbetween
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 02:32:31 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty