Author Topic: Bases  (Read 702 times)

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Bases
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 05:13:50 PM »
Originally posted by storch
dude forget about bases in france.  the minute the goon is available JG54 will capture london and behead the cigar smoking wag at #10 downing street.

not if i can shove a bomb up hitlers arse before you you luftwobble dweeb!!

:D:p

storch

Bases
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 06:25:38 PM »
Originally posted by Pooface
not if i can shove a bomb up hitlers arse before you you luftwobble dweeb!!

:D:p
I'll help u with that paper hangin sumbitsch outta here we might win the war.  :D

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Bases
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 07:01:44 PM »
as far as advancing onto mainland goes, thats what they did in AW's AvsA arena.  every week it would reset to allow new planes and advanced the allies deaper and deaper onto mainland.  it worked out ok, as far as the current map with doing that, im not sure.  but made i thought it was better than flying across channel all the dang time.  made for some nice fights.  the numbers there when i played were about the same as AH.  

Point being, may be something to give some serious consideration.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Bases
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 07:03:52 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
Rhine map is teh suxx0r.

Not a lot of alternatives.  I'd thought we might switch to the Rhine map in June of 1944.  Fact was that there really weren't any significant cross-channel fights after that.

- oldman

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Bases
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 11:33:46 PM »
What about BOB04? That had a lot of land bases on it.

Mind you it's huge as hell and ugly as sin (totally flat! BLECH!) but it was a BOB channel map. Might need to take more gas though, as the ranges are larger, but so is the entire map.

storch

Bases
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2006, 06:29:38 AM »
my only complaint with the current map are all those ports and cities providing the intrepid allied players multiple layers of ack to hide in.  irrespective of what plane they play in they are in they generally in ack.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Bases
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2006, 07:04:28 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
What about BOB04? That had a lot of land bases on it.

Mind you it's huge as hell and ugly as sin (totally flat! BLECH!) but it was a BOB channel map. Might need to take more gas though, as the ranges are larger, but so is the entire map.

BOB04 is what we're using now.  BOB02 was a pre-AH2 map, very lovely, but it has never been converted to AH2 standards.

- oldman

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Bases
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2006, 08:34:32 AM »
Originally posted by storch
my only complaint with the current map are all those ports and cities providing the intrepid allied players multiple layers of ack to hide in.  irrespective of what plane they play in they are in they generally in ack.

Sounds like Galland reporting to Goering that the Brits are not fighting fairly. :cry

Good grief if you want a dueling area go there, if you want an arena that attempts to represent the actual war, then the map, the ack and the plane groups should be as accurate as possible.

This is like the comment that the plane set should be frozen at mid 1943.  Lets just sum it up this argument with.."Please set this up so the Krauts can win the easiest way possible."

If you don't like the ack, then stay on your side of the channel until we come after you.  Which we will do real soon. :aok

At which point I will agree that the ack needs turned down! :rofl
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

storch

Bases
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2006, 09:03:42 AM »
no the ack is turned down plenty and it takes about a million pings to damage you.  that would be the exact number you get while being repeated dragged through the ack by the quadruple layered acks at the P106 ackllied safety complex.  it makes for agonizingly lame game play.  I usually just hang around 13.11.2 area and wait for interested players to show.  last night whels and about 8 of his buddies intrepidly fought N7 and I once.