Author Topic: San Francisco Bay Area AH gun shooting day!  (Read 3960 times)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
San Francisco Bay Area AH gun shooting day!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006, 10:33:29 AM »
I am pretty sure I can come depending on the day.

Chabot is a little bigger then the Dixon range, they have a 200 yard line but it is members only.

You can only shoot paper there I am fairly sure.

I am fine with there or Dixon.

I will have my M1A and Sig. None of my other guns are back from WA yet.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2006, 10:49:10 AM »
Here is a link to the chabot gun club site.

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »
I might be interested. Sounds fun. Don't have any firearms, but it still sounds fun. I have shot in past, grew up in Idaho hunting so not totally unfamiliar with firearms. Been good 12yrs though. Would definately be willing to kick in some $$ for ammo costs.

So if a non-gun owner is welcome, I would be interested. Will depend on the date. I know end of Feb & about first 3 weeks of march I will be traveling.

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2006, 10:51:07 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
smid... get ahold of me and I will take you shooting some time regardless of if I can get to this event or not.  

Probly for someone who has never shot before this is not the kind of event you would want to be at..  Lot's of people who have never met and a lot of unfamiliar firearms around.  You need to have someone pay more attention to teaching you the basics the first time you go shooting..

That is my take anyway.

lazs
just curious lazs...

not that i would be involved with this, because of where i live, but this is about gun "training"

i have shot guns before, nothing special, a .22 ruger semi auto hand gun, a ruger .22 rifle, and .40 S&W

i never had official training in any way. the .22 handgun, we were stupid teenagers in the country shooting my buddies fathers gun without permission, just plinking at trees in the woods. yeah i know it was stupid.

the other time i shot was in a range at a gun store. the .22 rifle was my friends, and we shot like 500 rounds (cheap ammo).the .40 was just a guy in the range offering to let us shoot it. he also offered a .357 with a 6" barrel, but i didn't.

anyway, other than knowing "common sence" like always point down range, don't put finger on trigger unless you are intending to fire. hold the gun securley. know how to properly unload the gun and make sure there is not a round in the chamber, and stuff like that, what else would "need" to be known to shoot for recreation?

just looking for insight from an experianced shooter.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2006, 11:05:03 AM »
Sometime towards the end of Summer we might be in the area of northern California. Perhaps we could do this again then.

Are there much in the way of RV parks in that area?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2006, 11:07:57 AM »
Mav
 The Chabot gun club is in Chabot regional park. I think they have an RV area.  I will see if I can find out.

I would love to do it again when you in the area! I may even have my M1 Garand back by then.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2006, 11:08:48 AM »
Originally posted by GreenCloud
whats the farthest the rifle range goes in dixon?..and can you bring your own steel targtest?

I have guns..will travel

If anyone really needs some GREAT .308 ammo..Its on sale for 39.95 for 590 round packs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the link is http://www.falfiles.com

go to ammuntion, then Indian-bad-worse link
its form a company in Florida..think its Century arms

i just bought 2,100 rounds..thinkn i should of bought more

Jezzuz puzzuy! THANKS!!

just ordered 3K + rounds Green Cloud; that'll hold me for another month or so... !

The resta you bums... I expect photos and range reports after the meet!!

Lucky bastidges!!

Any interest amongst the east coast crowd in a similar doing on eastern long island? (itsa ***** to get out here, about 2 hours travel time east of NYC)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2006, 11:09:52 AM »
Everyone is welcome! :)

Though I think lazs makes a good point that this from a safety perspective wouldnt be the best time to come shooting with so many people if you have never handled weapons before.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 11:12:39 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Makarov9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org/
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2006, 11:16:05 AM »
That Chabot range looks like a nice central location for most Bay Area people.

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2006, 02:23:15 PM »
I'm in of course.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2006, 02:37:26 PM »
Ok... I didn't mean that you shouldn't or couldn't shoot with so many people but.... If you have not handled guns before then there is a lot of basic stuff you need to know as mustain pointed out.

mustain.. you are about right... you need to know the basics you have pointed out and the rules of the particular range you are at... they will toss you out if you get too confused.  When I am with a new shooter I still like to enjoy the day but it is much more relaxing if you can take your time showing him/her some safety stuff without a lot of distractions.

It really isn't that complicated and not even that dangerous...  target shooting is rated, I believe as the safest sport... even more than golf but... the potential for real injury is there.

It's a fun thing and if there is time it is allways neat if someone with some experiance can also let you try a lot of different guns and maybe throw in some tips on how to be more accurate..

If there are enough types of firearms tho.... seems that new guys will allways find one that they just click with and do well with... that is great... builds confidence and is more fun..

lazs

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2006, 03:10:11 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2

Russian.... you didn't buy any makarov ammo yet?

lazs
I’m a poor student with no money for such an expensive hobby… actually I’m barely able to afford apartment right now. (Looking for a roommate, can’t find anyone) Since last time we met, I haven’t bought any food for my ever-hungry toys… but I do have abundance ammo for rifles. :-)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2006, 03:14:53 PM »
We should get a list of what firearms will be there and maybe some of us can bring extra ammo for them.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2006, 04:40:39 PM »
I'll be bringing my HK USP 45.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2006, 06:49:23 PM »
Originally posted by Russian
I’m a poor student with no money for such an expensive hobby… actually I’m barely able to afford apartment right now. (Looking for a roommate, can’t find anyone) Since last time we met, I haven’t bought any food for my ever-hungry toys… but I do have abundance ammo for rifles. :-)

Then fer cripes sake, bring a long gun and show those pistol packin panzies what a rifleman can do!

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.