Author Topic: Have to say this  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Loddar

• Copper Member
Have to say this
« on: February 04, 2006, 03:33:21 PM »
Fin dominating this arena with axis players.

No fun on the allies side.

Good idea with this arena. Bad acceptance from the players.

:(

Offline KAntti

• Nickel Member
Have to say this
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 07:20:58 PM »
Loddar, I was just saying earlier to my squad mates that this evenin was no good considering the AvA's present or future account. I had a blast (literally) but that is only due to our (finnish) very organized flying. When the allies have no organization, it is very easy to just drop in and kill everything in sight without having to worry about ur six either.

I do c what u mean but when our "team" is on the play, it seems that the possibilty for even sided AvA is allmost non existant.

We do not want to control the map or the arena, but seem to do so if we consentrate our efforts. Earlier, in sight of allied beeing undermanned we have split our forces to equalize the sides, but just this evenin (and this whole weekend) were had the Blitz 2006 event here in Finland, where AH and other aviationsimulation players come together. Understandibly we wanted to stay on the same side.

I do wish (in future) that the allied side would not take this evenin as some finn control example, but more as a lesson of what consentrated effort in any arena can do. And I wish that we'll see a fine, massive and well led bombing runs performed by the allies in the upcoming days.

This is solely my own opininion, but I hope U all who were present in AvA this evenin will take it as my sincere explanation, and as apology if requested.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 07:27:54 PM by KAntti »

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Have to say this
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 07:30:57 PM »
its so true. the finns are so good at organising themselves. the problem is that the other side are just too stupid to realise that you have to fight fire with fire. i guess it's to do with the fact that there are so many noobs flying allies at the moment, and all they care about is how many kills they can steal before they get blown to bits. next time the finns are wiping the floor with you, get the long thread of pilots going into the thunderclouds in single file, to come back, form up and go in together.

you'll have more fun and win more. i just dont get why people dont realise this

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Have to say this
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 07:48:35 PM »
Because the average gamer (red: noob allied spitdweeb) is a loner geek sitting in dark computer room who would rather shove toothpicks under his fingernails than talk to someone long enough to coordinate a fight?

Sorry, I'm having a bad day today...
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
Have to say this
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 08:06:07 PM »
My god I am wasted, maybe I shouldnt write anything here today... :lol

I confess, I was one of those A5 fellas (Tikto) on the axis side. My observation is quite simple. To avoid such a situation, there should be a mission channels to both teams (as we did) or at least to those willing to give hard times to the enemy. Communication is crucial here. What did we do to dominate the arena... we did, yay!!! :lol

All we did was that we talked to each others. We did NOT have any master plans or similar. We just communicated: we told where we are, we told what we see and how many enemies there were. We warned each others from the enemies, and if one of us had someone behind him, the closest one of us gave advices in order to get a perfect position for a kill. Its like this: "Turn left, now level up and go straight forward, I'm only 300 meters away..., perfect." And a few moments later, the spit, harrassing one of ours, turned in to a ball of fire.

No master plan is required, just TALK to each others, thats all you need!!!

Tho today surely was an exception...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 08:17:01 PM by LLv34_Dictonius »
Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Have to say this
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 08:11:52 PM »
It's amazing what a few guys who actually clear each others (and guys the don't even know) tails can do in a fight.

It's one thing to dive in a ruin a good 1 on 1, quite another to come down and help out a guy whos being ganged or whos trying to limp a damaged bird home.

Half the guys who come in from the MA will fly right over another getting mauled without so much as checking to see if he needs help, and then whine when they get ganged that noone helped them.

Or they'll watch you get bounced without saying a word and then scream about how nobody makes check 6 calls when it happens to them.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

storch

Have to say this
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 08:59:45 PM »
I just logged off a little bothered by spits at 20k.  the allies are either
1. in their ack
2. HO'n
3. at 20K looking for a cherry pick
4. all of the above

this while they are all in spits!!!! if you can't fight in spits people you have some serious deficiencies that need to be addressed.

I don't understand the fun in this type of play.  frankly I can find these things in the MA while flying the ride of my choosing.

thankfully this isn't always the case. it has been today though.  I know some of you will use this to flame me, I don't care flame away.  if we don't take the time to create a different culture in this arena it will be back to 6 people at prime time again.  that would be a shame. we should attempt to work with the newer players and teach them the necesary skills to survive without having to resort to dweebery.  if you are a new player and would like to learn non dweeb skills please look me up and ask me to help you.  I'm not very good but I can and will pass on what I know.  we should all resolve to do the same.  it can only help.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Have to say this
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 10:38:16 PM »
I think its just a MA type mentality.  There are lots of people who arent in squads, and unless they join a mission or two, they mostly fly alone.  I know I usually fit that description.  Anytime you have a squad that flies together often, they are much more effective than any one person can be alone.  In an arena with smaller numbers like the AvA, its going to be even more pronounced.  We have to find a way of promoting squads in here and getting people to wing up when they are alone.  Ask for a wingman, or if its ok to tag onto an existing formation!  

Whether we have strat enabled or not, whether bombing targets takes them down for 30 seconds or an hour, none of that will make a difference if ultimately people cant find something different here.  Having squads that make a difference is the key.  When new guys log in and say HI! we should be jumping to help them get acclimated and find a spot, not ignoring them.  I've gone afk for half an hour, come back and seen just such a scenario on my screen.  Someone came in, said hello, no one said a thing.  Newbie left.  Is that what we want?

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Have to say this
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 12:35:13 AM »
I have not as yet tried the AvA, but will try to pop in sometime soon.
In reading this thread, I get several things.
Finns (Axis in general) are organized, communicate well, help each other out, do it right, have a good time and land kills.
Allies seem to be MA types, bring in their MA attitudes and habits, and other wise are just opposite of axis in thinking and deed.
Net result:Axis dominates.
How to fix this seems obvious to me.
I will fly Allied and see for myself if there is any coordination possible. Hopefully, someday, "we" will give the Finnish boys a run for their money and have fun doing it.
In the meantime, all I can say is, Salute to the Axis.  :aok
Might also be a great opportunity for me to get better in the German Aircraft. :D
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Have to say this
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2006, 01:45:17 AM »
with low numbers one orgenized squad can dominate the areana. Where are the allied squads I do not know.

Also it seems that LW players tend to be more dediacted LW players while the allied players do not fly allied because it's allied - they just fly all kinds of planes and most happen to be allied. Seem like a subtle difference but actually it is not.

I've been flying mostly LW and I really can see the difference between the types of players.

I just logged off a little bothered by spits at 20k. the allies are either
1. in their ack
2. HO'n
4. all of the above

this while they are all in spits!!!! if you can't fight in spits people you have some serious deficiencies that need to be addressed.

1. acks are almost harmless. I landede a Hurri in france and it took the acks about 2 min to kill me stationary on the runway.
2. takes 2 to HO.
3. LW rides can go that high too
4. a whine has been recorded.

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Have to say this
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2006, 04:52:58 AM »
yeah, its just a lot of preteen noobs that come by because of the numbers, and they all want to fly spits. it will be like that, and maybe some of you LW guys could do SOMETHING to even up the numbers, because otherwise it just gets boring in there

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Have to say this
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 05:44:19 AM »
Amazing... add more people to the mix and it turns into the MA.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

storch

Have to say this
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2006, 06:17:38 AM »
Originally posted by Delirium
Amazing... add more people to the mix and it turns into the MA.
not always Del, but there is a definite need for some co-ordinated play on the allied side.  I think SA-2 pretty much nailed it.  the arena is in pretty good shape when the gunfighters and the 78th are on.  last night they were conspicuous by their absense.  I should have gone ahead and gone to dinner with frau storch but the weather here was horrendous.  end up watching most of that grizzly man thing on the discovery channel.  I think I have a candidate for a darwin award.

bozon:
1. ack kills you. I got a 1 ping puffy ack death last night while turn fighting two spits over their P106 perch, the only fight going.  it was ok though the guy who got the proxie me.
2. if you get repeatedly HO'd on the merge does that count too?
3. most of the LWs are between 8-10k the fights at 5k
4. are you sure you're not a moron instead of a bozon?

:D

Offline whels

• Silver Member
Have to say this
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2006, 07:47:39 AM »
Originally posted by storch
1. in their ack
2. HO'n
4. all of the above

-------

LOL you want a Allied perspective?

1. LW come in 25k+ (allied usually 10 to 15k cause we fighting on our side of channel)
2. 190s Dive, HO pass, zoom back to  alt. repeat   or they
    see they lost alt and just dive to deck n run.
3. and yes LW play in thier ack too (when allies make it to east side of channel).
4. the MA gang bang is alive n well in CT

last night 1st 4 190s i engaged all HO passed n run.

2 of the 190s (same guy) was using the pause button warp n roll, he was fine till u started to fire on him and a warpin he would go till he got out of guns.

storch

Have to say this
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 08:12:02 AM »
Originally posted by whels
Originally posted by storch
1. in their ack
2. HO'n
4. all of the above

-------

LOL you want a Allied perspective?

1. LW come in 25k+ (allied usually 10 to 15k cause we fighting on our side of channel)
2. 190s Dive, HO pass, zoom back to  alt. repeat   or they
    see they lost alt and just dive to deck n run.
3. and yes LW play in thier ack too (when allies make it to east side of channel).
4. the MA gang bang is alive n well in CT

last night 1st 4 190s i engaged all HO passed n run.

2 of the 190s (same guy) was using the pause button warp n roll, he was fine till u started to fire on him and a warpin he would go till he got out of guns.
it must have been when wilbuz and his merry sychophants were on.  I have seen them do that as allied as well as axis players.  oh well I guess that makes it right and good then.  the point was (no, not the one on your heads) that we should attempt to create a slightly different style of play in here by example and exhortation.  I'm staying between 8-10K max.  if nothing else it will help to continue to improve one's skills against the players like you that need ack, spits, alt and numbers to prevail. to quote time honored wisdom "I don't care how they do things at johnny jones' house"  carry on sir.