Author Topic: Have to say this  (Read 2144 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Have to say this
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2006, 06:45:28 AM »
Originally posted by tikky
ahhh nice, the dweebs are just waiting for their EZ mode rides.... P-51s, Spit 16s, u name tha rest lol

I picture this... allies... if they dont shape up their organisation skills...... they will never be on par with the axis and they only way they will beat the axis is to have a HUGE SOVIET STYLE MASSIVE QUANTITY playing for the allies, like a ratio of 20 to 1 in favor of allies....lol

:lol

I guess you gave up on your ride huh? I found this little thread over in the General forums.

tikky

"I want my old spit 5 back!
our new spit 5 is completely underpowered now lol!. pls double the cannon ammo and make the engine a bit more powerful"

The new SpitV isnt good enough for you , so you come over here fly Axis, and insult the Allies. Yet whine like a lil school girl in the  MA Forum.

I picture this....................... You will be flying for whatever side has the best planes. You'll probably be posting the same kind of crud against the Axis before Febuary is over.
 :lol
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 07:55:09 AM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
Have to say this
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2006, 07:46:10 AM »
What actually is pretty amazing in this whole... conversation(?), is that we are talking about clear sides people are flying in on the AvA. As small a community as AvA players are, we should indeed (always) choose the side which is suffering most from the pilot shortage.

As far as I know, this whole conversation started during the last weekend, when there was this annual meeting of finnish virtual pilots which reflected to the AvA as an exceptional situation. The participants of the meeting wanted to fly on the same side and what followed, was the situation where the game balance was seriously punched to a 6 vs 16 in favour of the axis (this tho was only the final situation, it wasn't as bad when I logged in). In such a perspective its pretty unfair from my behalf too, to try and convince the other side to use proper tactics (even tho communication is of utmost importance in order to boost the SA).

Tho we finns prefer to fly mostly on axis (and now i am generalizing) we usually try to fly on both sides in order to keep the balance. Expect to see us in the cockpits of the spitfire too in the future. In an arena as small as this, its quite impossible to choose the side one flies in, without making the situation as it was in the saturday.

Getting raped isn't fun, and I totally understand the motivation of certain arguments and accusations here. But lets try to behave and avoid going in to a personal level in certain aspects. Thats got nothing to do with the flying :(

Cheer up m8's!!! :)
Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

storch

Have to say this
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2006, 08:26:46 AM »
Hey TC we were even up at 30k+ a times last night chasing filth and his pals, does that count against me too? we generally celebrate anyone's victories unless we're in a furball, the guy most likely to do that is tankman.  sorry we shot you down so many times last night TC next time we'll look extra close for the handicapped sticker dangling from your rear view mirror and we'll fly with our right hands tied behind our backs for ya, how's that? :D scroll up TC and get your reading glasses all my posts are still there.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 08:40:19 AM by storch »

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Have to say this
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2006, 12:02:25 PM »
To be fair, Storch and his squaddies dont put out much more trash talk than some of the others floating around.  They are just more experienced at it.  And also to be fair, every time I've logged on I've seen at least 1 of the JG54 flying allied.  Even Storch has taken trips up in the Spit quite regularly to keep the numbers even.  

I really dont care about trash talk.  Far as I'm concerned, if it bothers you grow a thicker skin.  I mean really.  Sticks and stones and all that.  What I care about is that both LLv and JG/54 have shown time and again that no matter WHO has the better rides, those who fly as a SQAUD will dominate the air in the arena.  

Dont get me wrong, I'm not promoting JG/54.  Quite the opposite.  I'm promoting people to form up in hunting parties and neutralize their threat!  We have to shake the "Lone Wolf, Ace of Aces" mentality that one uber pilot will balance an entire squad.  Well, maybe when we get the Tempest.  But until then, we need teamwork!  Thats what I'm promoting.  

Think like part of a team, work to find the team, work to help the team, reap the rewards of BEING a team.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Have to say this
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2006, 12:24:01 PM »
I've run into the Finns before. The map was funrus, and there just happened to be ***12*** 109G's over the island at 15k while I was climbing out (much lower). I promptly said "to hell with this!" and didn't even bother.

My thought at the time, and my earnest suggestion now to the Finns:

You can STILL have a good time, and you can STILL coordinate, but split your forces evenly, designate a "leader" for each group, have 1 group switch teams, and then run missions against each other, but without the other side knowing your plans.

This does the following:

1) lessens the gang-bang by a LOT
2) gives the side you would normally gang up on a defense (the team that switched)
3) gives the team you're on an idea of what kind of fun you're planning, and possibly lets them join in, where normally they would not have the team in place to fly with
4) balances everything, so that even though there is a ganging team on one side, there is also one on the other.

This avoids penalizing the normal players.

But, hey, it's just a suggestion.

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Have to say this
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2006, 01:08:21 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
( quietly steps back, and calmly waits for the horde to come unglued and start flaming as only Lemmings know how to do...........)

TC, your posts are “self-flaming”.:p
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Have to say this
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2006, 01:19:08 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
You can STILL have a good time, and you can STILL coordinate, but split your forces evenly, designate a "leader" for each group, have 1 group switch teams, and then run missions against each other, but without the other side knowing your plans.
Yes, that's how we usually do it. Except for some occasions when FinRus is on (squad nights), and now during last weekend, when we had our winter con...
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Have to say this
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2006, 01:32:55 PM »
rather have the numbers and fly & die than no numbers and fly around and sight see

it is the squads responsibility to balance
if they see they are totally dominating, they should split up and balance out the room - otherwise the ppl they are killing will leave as most do not like to get slaughtered repeatedly

one tactic all squads should honor is to limit the numbers of planes which swoop into a fight, especially if it is a lone plane (me :)). why send the entire squad when one or two would learn more and be better pilots afterwards?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline mora

• Gold Member
Have to say this
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2006, 02:56:16 PM »
Here's a suggestion...One thing us finns could do to would be to ask everyone to join "our" vox channel 136 when flying on allied side, and using strictly english only when any non-finn is present. That's how it usually works, but AFAIK the channel isn't advertised either. Or we could ditch 136 alltogether on allied side and use another english only channel, which would be advertised on MOTD. That might make things better organized and balanced?

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Have to say this
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2006, 03:57:33 AM »
Its not about Allies are hoing, allies are alt monkeying, axis are fleeing or what ever one can whine about...

Its about the fact that 190 vs Spits is quite a booring matchup.

Earlier when we had 109s vs Spits the planes where much closer to each other in speed and turning. The speed edge of the 190 is much higher then the speed edge of the 109. The Spits turning edge is much higher over the 190 then over the 109.

This results in the fact that spits need much more of a E advantage to ever catch a 190. While both the 109s and the 190s BnZ spits, which is the way they should do it. The 190s use a much flatter BnZ style with longer flat runs.

This makes Hoing much more tempting for spits if they dont have that extra E because its the only way they feel they can deal with the 190s.

The only way to really deal with this situation in a spit is to get the 190s to stay and fight. Only way to accomplish that is to lure them away from the pack fight and into a 1v1 isloated situation. This takes alot of skill and damn lot of patience.

Personally I cant wait till the allies get their american rides. When they come into operation the Axis wount have the same speed advantage and then the Spits will be able to drop out of the stratosphere.

Tex.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Have to say this
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2006, 05:18:12 AM »
Originally posted by storch

Hey TC we were even up at 30k+ a times last night chasing filth and his pals, does that count against me too? we generally celebrate anyone's victories unless we're in a furball, the guy most likely to do that is tankman.  sorry we shot you down so many times last night TC next time we'll look extra close for the handicapped sticker dangling from your rear view mirror and we'll fly with our right hands tied behind our backs for ya, how's that? :D scroll up TC and get your reading glasses all my posts are still there.

lol, Storch........I must of logged off for bed before then or he left before I got there.

If you gonna make it fair now, you got to use ya toes/feet for joystick controlling and wear a patch over your right eye..........oh, and when you see me you got to dive 2k below n turn/reverse infront of me and give me an instant deflection or high 6 angle at your plane, after all I am still experiencing pain from my shoulder injury over 2 years ago, hehe (digs out handicap sticker) :D

seriously though, do not be sorry for shooting me down, I can take just as much as I dish out.......I think you got me 2 or 3 times that night and I shot you down the sameor near it, soisn't  anything complainin about there....btw Storch, you did happen to get  1 or 2 kills on me from behind the 3/9 line, wtg :)

my reference in to you editing was the post I replied to directly under your post, it was showing the same post 3 times in a row, then after I posted I saw only 1 of the 3 identical post remaining and saw where u had edited the one I was replying to, no worries though, seems u took it as I had meant  "light heartedly"....

Kong, seems to be stuck on "1 Liners" mode

SA2, not sure where you going with the Trash Talk, I don't think I said anyone Trash Talked.  
I agree with your Team vs team concept, and know it works quiet well, have experienced this with a number of simmers/flyers in the AvsA, sometimes you win sometimes you lose, and it doesn't matter what plane type you in, just got to have good communication and team work to be successful, especially when at the disadvantage...........

TC
The Damned
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

storch

Have to say this
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2006, 06:57:13 AM »
TexMurphy has it spot on with the assessment of the current setup.  maybe it does capture the spirit of the times, it is indeed frustrating in 190s and in spits.

TC I don't take anything seriously let alone anything posted on an obscure BBS.  I think you'll find KONG is the same way he's just much more cerebral than the rest of us knuckle draggers but he has a fine sense of humor none the less.  he is in fact quite a funny guy.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Have to say this
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2006, 07:56:25 AM »
Originally posted by storch
TexMurphy has it spot on with the assessment of the current setup.  maybe it does capture the spirit of the times, it is indeed frustrating in 190s and in spits.

And so there you have the genius of the RPS.  Allies get lots of new planes today, Axis gets 109s all over.

One of the interesting things about the past few days is that it DID illustrate how very long the English and Germans were fighting spits v. FWs.  For our purposes, it seemed to me that the period created a lot of new 190A5 ace pilots.  I used to consider that plane to be meat on the table - ESPECIALLY if I were in a spit (well....I imagined that it would be that way if I were in a spit).  No longer, the quality of the A5 pilots has made up for the plane's deficiencies.

- oldman (who'd still rather be in the spit, of course)

storch

Have to say this
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2006, 08:07:08 AM »
except that we don't have the reportedly much better handling A3 and that the axis planes are inaccurately modelled.  if the instability in the axis planes were not modelled in you would be hearing the howls on the moon and there would be mass exodus from the game.  HTC has done well to nerf the axis.  this set up confirms the wisdom of their strategy. while frustrating to an extent the RPS is a great challenge for both sides.  you guys have done a good job of keeping with the time table and keeping the set fluid.  I am tired of the spits though.

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Have to say this
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2006, 08:34:16 AM »
Its gonna be intersting to see what happens now.

We do get the D11s today and that will result in a scissors, stone, paperbag situation.

Both Axis and Allies have planes that can chase down fleeing enemies. Allies have the edge on turning and Axis the edge on climbing.

If the Axis and Allies combine their fleets in a wise way the both of the sides will have a hard time feeling through straight runs (or shallow dives).

I think the key to this part of the rps is to mix it up.

If axis stay in 190s then the D11s will catch em and force em to manouver and the spits come in and finish it off.

If the allies stay in spits then the situation will be very much the same as today except that they will be pushed much harder by the 109s when the fight gets into manouvering allowing the 190s to cherry pick.

In any case the battles will get more complex and there will be many more different situations making it more interesting.

The edge will go to the side with best organization and utilization of the different plane characteristics available. So far I would favor the Axis to be more successfull as they have shown better organization so far.

Tex