Author Topic: How to improve the NFL  (Read 1074 times)

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
How to improve the NFL
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2006, 11:43:48 AM »
Or even baseball, 162 games in a season. (I think.) :confused:

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
How to improve the NFL
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2006, 11:53:47 AM »
Originally posted by texace
Or even baseball, 162 games in a season. (I think.) :confused:
oh yeah, baseball is reeeeeeeeeeally strenous and a real rick of spinal injury / paraylsis / death every pitch. :rolleyes:

if in my shape i can play bar softball for recreation, baseball players do NOT deserve millions per year.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
How to improve the NFL
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2006, 11:55:33 AM »
I didn't say they did. I was pointing out the number of games in a season.

I do agree with you, mate. No worries. :aok

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
How to improve the NFL
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2006, 11:56:52 AM »
Originally posted by texace
I didn't say they did. I was pointing out the number of games in a season.

I do agree with you, mate. No worries. :aok
ditto, i was actually gonna edit my post to show i was not aiming that comment at you. it is baseball that P.O.'s me :aok  
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
How to improve the NFL
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2006, 12:33:02 PM »
Originally posted by Mustaine
if in my shape i can play bar softball for recreation, baseball players do NOT deserve millions per year.

But can you hit even .200 against Major League pitchers? Throw a 90 mph fastball?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
How to improve the NFL
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2006, 12:34:39 PM »
Originally posted by Mustaine
What I found interesting about the baseball salaries was that you could have two guys, one earning $50,000 and the other earning $1m, playing in the same league or even, IIRC, for the same team!

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
How to improve the NFL
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2006, 07:53:04 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Not more demanding than hockey.  80+ game regular season alone would demostrate that.

So I guess baseball players must have it really tough, they have 162 game schedule.

Hockey is physical, but their shifts are alot shorter, a football defense can get stuck on the field for a long time. And although hockey is physical, it does not compare to the NFL. I've played in some pretty tough hockey games, but there was alot more pain after a football game.

Actually, I think the hockey schedule sucks, sometimes a team will have four games in a week and two in another. Shoot, sometimes they have games on consecutive nights. And what a coach will do is not play skill players their normal shifts to rest them for the upcoming games during the week. Imo, that gives the other team an advantage where they might only have two games that week and don't have to worry about fatigue.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
How to improve the NFL
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2006, 10:23:56 PM »
On the other hand, if you take a stopwatch and keep track of the actual time spent playing football, from the snap to the end of the play, you'll find that in a three hour football game, the players are only playing for about twelve minutes.
sand

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
How to improve the NFL
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2006, 10:48:14 PM »
1:Quit stopping the clock every other play
IE: When a pass isn't caught or is thrown out of bounds
2: Ban ALL endzone celebrations after a touchdown
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
How to improve the NFL
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2006, 11:18:09 PM »
Hockey may not seem as difficult, but it's a lot harder then you think.  They might go off in shifts, but for the time they are on, they usually are going full out sprints.  

In all my time playing sports, I was never as tired playing football, soccer (not sailing), then I was playing street hockey.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"