Author Topic: Another Flight sim in the works?  (Read 4136 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Another Flight sim in the works?
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2007, 05:45:53 PM »
Wow............I didn't realize a whole year went by........   :rolleyes:

Just  curious how many out there would like to fly some WWI planes?
HTC does a great job with AH, but it would be nice to see a few biplanes
added to the plane set.  :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 06:25:41 PM by Mano »
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2007, 08:07:40 PM »
Originally posted by g00b
Testing Black Shark now, the clickable cockpit is INSANE. I'll be able to fly the real deal when I get this thing thing figured out. I think, there may be an f-16 in it too :) Still no true F-14 though you can mod the sim to fly it with an F-15 flight model and cockpit.

So how do you think Black Shark will go with this setup goob http://forums.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=200031

:P

Offline xREAPERx

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/_xreaperx_
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2007, 08:33:36 PM »
ww1 would be fun but as many said before i dont think it will happen
xREAPERx tours 76-133 HITMAN tours 140-present

Offline AirDvl

• Zinc Member
I`d buy it!
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2007, 06:43:15 PM »
HTC could add a WW1 furball arena pretty ez I would think. Like Mano or somebody said it would be ez to imagine, just from the WW1 addicts Ive know over the years, that with the service and support that HTC is famous for, it could draw a few hundred players at least.  that would be the ticket to making a WW1 multiplayer arena finally work. Thats whats killed it EVERY time. No support, no consistant customer support! I flew Air Warrior, Dawn of Aces, Red Baron, all of em. The men that made the first Dawn of Aces came the closest. Unfortunately for us, but fortunately for them, They left IEN and started HTC. Given time RS may evolve into a fine sim. Volunteers and time are not always compatible and as time passes the technology ceases to be current and that has an affect on the viability of the game. Its so hard for volunteers to keep up. Tho what they do is awesome.

Like I said. We dont have to have a huge interworking layout like WW2. Just a simple dang furball arena over a stagnant front with stats and scores tracked. (which is what WW1 was most of the time) How tuff could it be to support something like that from an allready existing sim corporation. Especially one as fine and efficiently run as HTC?

~AirDvl~:t
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 06:45:37 PM by AirDvl »

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2007, 08:44:05 PM »
If y'all would start w/ the link under HT's sig you might have a shot at convincing him.......................... ............................. ............................. .

But it might take a WHOLE lot of convincing!

:D
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2007, 07:17:21 AM »
Originally posted by Mano
Wow............I didn't realize a whole year went by........   :rolleyes:
Just  curious how many out there would like to fly some WWI planes?
HTC does a great job with AH, but it would be nice to see a few biplanes
added to the plane set.  :)

I shure would! Sqeeeeee Mano! S!

Out of all of the names mentioned thus far, none are MMP WWI online flightsims. DOA II was very popular, and had many squads, events , scorepages and a great following. Then its owners in thier obvious infinite business wisdom (look at thier other dying products) killed it with DOA III .

I'd even pay another 15 bucks a month for it if it were a seperate entitiy.

S!

ofmysx
AOD }i{
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline coinbird

• Zinc Member
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2007, 07:51:07 AM »
Why not just add some bi-planes. there were pleanty that served in wwii. Swordfish, I-15, Cr. 42 ect..
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 08:00:53 AM by coinbird »

Offline Swoop73

• Zinc Member
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2007, 08:20:16 AM »
Brooke, You just put the whole thing in a nutshell.
I never met a plane I didn't like and indeed, I came here 6 years ago from Falcon 4.0 and the F16 melts my heart the same way the P51 does with perfect lines and inspiring performance......But.....You're right, AH has the best mix of all the acm skills packed into a relativly short time span.

Maybe they could toss a MIG and F86 into the AVA or DA as a special event or even the WWI scene but they have a pretty full plate just riding this tiger and the fact that I'm still here 6 years after joining and having a blast says they're doing something right.  :-)
"Had to...Had to keep 'em from the bombers"
325th Ace Art Fiedler on why he and 3 other Checkertails
charged into 40 FW 190's over Regensburg, Germany in Jan., 1945.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2007, 10:37:16 AM »
Tis a shame...   I loved Red Baron and RB3d.

WW1 is fading fast as time passes, if noone rises to the challenge soon, it will be all but forgotten.

I would definitely fly in a WW1 arena

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2007, 11:26:44 AM »
RedBaron was where I got my start online - I might add we all treated each other with courtesy because that was one of the things that WWI aviators were known for (At least early in the war)
Vote R.E. Lee '24