Author Topic: A new Strat Idea...maybe?  (Read 483 times)

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
A new Strat Idea...maybe?
« on: March 14, 2006, 02:16:56 AM »
I was thinking about the way strat targets are set up, and came up with an idea which seems pretty cool, to me at least..
I tried the terrain editor and made a very simple map, with only one airfield and flew around it for a little while, picturing what it would be like for bombers, or defenders.
I could screen save the pictures, or send the map to someone with more experience in building them.
I was thinking of saving the pictures, then posting them here, but i have no idea on how to do that.
If anyone is interested in having me email the map to them, pm me.
Maybe you could build off the idea, or something.
Speed55
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
Can't post a picture.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 08:18:30 PM »
Well since for some reason i cant upload a picture to any servers, i'll just describe it.
Basically what i did was built roughly, a 60 mile island.
In the middle i made about a 10 mile square, with the elevation raised to 8k. On this square, are a large airfield, town and all the strat factories, along with 4 shore batteries on each corner.
About 5 miles out, the entire perimeter of the this strat field is surrounded by a bunch of 14k "jagged" style mountains, to force bombers to come in high.
I think it looks pretty cool, reminds my of lord of the rings for some reason, and with all the strats in the same place, it gives the bomber guys a serious target that can really affect gameplay.

I would like an opinion from one of the experts on the idea, but since i can't uplaod the screenshots, maybe i could email the pictures to someone that can?
Anyway, thanks for reading.. and see you in the MA.
Speed55

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 07:58:50 PM »
It might be hard for buffs to get in, but won't it also be hard for the owners to use the field for any purpose other than 163s to attack the buffs.  They'd have to climb to 15k while making 5-mile circles themselves, wouldn't they?

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 11:37:23 AM »
I flied buffs in and out without a problem.. The thing is that you have to actually fly the buffs between the mountains so you dont crash, or lose drones, which would force attackers to come in high so they could calibrate.
Running a buff mission out is easy too, as long as you fly between the mountains. Once out, you could nose on target, auto climb to alt. and your good to go.

Ingame- Ozone