Author Topic: Slobodan Milosevic  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Slobodan Milosevic
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2006, 01:28:16 PM »
Boroda, if Slobo was so great man why isn't Serbia giving him a state funerals or even flying the flag in half mast?

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Slobodan Milosevic
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2006, 01:36:44 PM »
Originally posted by Staga
Boroda, if Slobo was so great man why isn't Serbia giving him a state funerals or even flying the flag in half mast?

What Serbia? Corrupt comprador leadership who sold him to Hague murderers for a promise of $1.3 billion credit, that they never recieved? How civilized, indeed! To promise money for a treason, and then refuse to pay!... WTG Liberal Values!

There are ordinary people burning candles for him. This is enough.

BTW, if you'll look carefully - you'll see that he refused from power only to avoid bloodshed, he definetly won the elections and had to quit anyway.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Slobodan Milosevic
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2006, 02:06:33 PM »
Strange... Looks like Slobo was a saint and everyone else are criminals, murderers, traitors, corrupted politicians and so on...

Oh well; I wonder if Slobo could get his Nobel price posthumous?

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Slobodan Milosevic
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2006, 02:10:03 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
What Serbia? Corrupt comprador leadership who sold him to Hague murderers for a promise of $1.3 billion credit, that they never recieved? How civilized, indeed! To promise money for a treason, and then refuse to pay!... WTG Liberal Values!

There are ordinary people burning candles for him. This is enough.

BTW, if you'll look carefully - you'll see that he refused from power only to avoid bloodshed, he definetly won the elections and had to quit anyway.

You really can't be this stupid?:huh

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Slobodan Milosevic
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2006, 02:10:19 PM »
Originally posted by Staga
Strange... Looks like Slobo was a saint and everyone else are criminals, murderers, traitors, corrupted politicians and so on...

Oh well; I wonder if Slobo could get his Nobel price posthumous?

Slobo wasn't a saint. There is a certain difference between a saint and a martyr.

He made many bad decisions, and he's responsible for a civil war in Yugoslavia. I don't deny that.

But it's a fact that he died as a winner, not guilty.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Slobodan Milosevic
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2006, 02:15:39 PM »
Slobo wasn't a saint. There is a certain difference between a saint and a martyr.

He made many bad decisions, and he's responsible for a civil war in Yugoslavia. I don't deny that.

By that logic was Hitler a winner too?

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Slobodan Milosevic
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2006, 02:22:44 PM »

That's not even cold comfort for him, he's dead.  And there's a difference between not convicted, and not guilty.  ;)

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Slobodan Milosevic
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2006, 02:41:03 PM »
He spent his last few years in a cell, poisoned and now dead. If that is your idea of a winner I'd hate to see a loser.

BTW how bad does a country have to suck to make someone think that was winning?
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Slobodan Milosevic
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2006, 05:47:05 PM »
Stalin was a genius? He was great at manipulating terrified subordinates but that was about the sum total of the man.

Although his preparations for a war with a hardened Wehrmacht were of course bordering on genius in their simplistic stupidity.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Slobodan Milosevic
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2006, 06:58:44 PM »

Stalin did achieve impossible. Miloshevich didn't, but he tried.

Yeah, before him killing 20 million of your own countrymen and displacing millions of more into forced internal exile was just a pipe dream.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Slobodan Milosevic
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2006, 07:07:54 PM »
I can't believe I agree with Dowding.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Slobodan Milosevic
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2006, 07:19:26 PM »
The Soviet Union defeated Germany in WWII in spite of Stalin, not because of him.  The only impossible thing he achieved was winning in spite of himself, and to that he owes everything to the resiliencey, industriousness, and amazing self-sacrifice of the Russian people.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Slobodan Milosevic
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2006, 09:18:29 PM »
Originally posted by mietla
No surpise here. I agree with DMF as well.

Boroda,

explain to us how all those purges in the 30-ties that killed most (if not all) experienced, top level military commanders (many of them most revered heroes of the revolution and unquestionably extremely able military commanders) were good for the USSR.

We all know why it was beneficial for Stalin so you can skip that part. Please concentrate on a benefit to the nation and its people.

I hope I did not kill this thread.

Boroda, please tell me it ain't so....

Offline USHilDvl

• Copper Member
Slobodan Milosevic
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2006, 09:30:14 AM »
Then there's today's revelations...

Seems the prison staff had been complaining, for some time, that he was having drugs and alcohol smuggled in on a regular basis.  The prison warden had written to the UN to advise them of the situation;

U.N. prosecutors complained as early as 2004 that Milosevic was defying his regime of prescribed medication and taking other drugs to manipulate his health to his advantage during court proceedings. The trial was repeatedly interrupted at critical points because of the defendant's ill health.

So, a 65-year old drinker, with a heart condition, hypertension and elevated stress, who intentionally violates doctor's orders, takes alcohol with prescription meds, self-medicates with illicit and unprescribed compunds and continually manipulates his own health to avoid answering for his actions...

Yup...musta been murdered.  Had to be a conspiracy.  Couldn't have been anything else.  It's the forces of evil trying to hold down a people's hero...a winner.

I say...genocidal maniac, who probably got tagged playing a stupid, dangerous and cowardly game.

Again.....Pfffft.   Good riddance.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Slobodan Milosevic
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2006, 09:52:33 AM »
Originally posted by mietla
I hope I did not kill this thread.

Boroda, please tell me it ain't so....

Is there a russian equvalent  to the American image of a barren desert road with tumbleweeds rolling in the wind?  If so thats the appropriate image for whats going on now.