Author Topic: more oil found...  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
more oil found...
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2006, 10:10:42 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
You look at buying boats when you allready in debt as being insane yet...

You are in debt but travel all over (making fun of those who don't)  and go..... skiing?  you are in debt but you find the money to ski down a slope?

I don't like boats or snow so I guess that makes me really a smart money guy eh?   Unless you count Hot Rods or guns which are after all....

essential for well being.   I am just not so hypocritical about it.

lazs

I don't make fun of anyone not travelling.  I make fun of people who claim to be full of knowledge about other countries but who have in reality never been anywhere.  

The "insane" comment is Ripsnort's not mine.  I said I cannot AFFORD to buy one.  I have the financial capacity to do so, but given all my other expenses I choose not to.  That is what I mean by not being able to afford a boat.

I am in huge debt, but I am able to service that debt and still ski.  Don't undersatnd your point.

john9001 - I don't think you understand what a Trust Fund is.  My grandfather left me some money.  He did so by settling a trust.  That is all.  Other than that money I haven't inherited anything...why so funny?  I haven't even touched it.  In fact, given that it is a discretionary fund I would have to ask the trustees to distribute money to me.  It is merely a mechanism.  You guys seem to think it is some magical money tree.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2006, 10:20:00 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
lol yikes, clam down there big guy. I wasnt supporting anyones assertion. You make a broad generalization and then expect one to take it for face value. If you say it, it must be true... Look at you, you have no debt, you're doing something right... Right? LOL please. But you even made the point of saying how you've leached off the family jewels for how long, so what good does that do for your point?  Sorry for rubbing that hair strung across your bellybutton the wrong way. OTOH, maybe you like it better with dago? :confused:

Before you posted, if you bothered to read, I had already acknowledged that it was a broad generalisation.  I have yet to see any of you guys admit Dago's assertion that everyone in the US can afford a car is baloney.

Then you came along banging your own drum about ever borrowing anything and asking if I owned a credit card.

What was your point in asking me that praytell?

Where did I say I leached off anyone?  That was lazs assertion..and now yours.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 10:22:07 AM by Curval »
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
more oil found...
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2006, 10:21:32 AM »
Hm, my first deleted post. I shall refrain from "long haired 70's peace activist" synonym in the future.

I'll rephrase.

How much Jet-A fuel can you get from that amount of oil?

Although cars do consume a lot of oil, private use by any one individual is pretty low compared to people who're active in the aviation world.

Especially people using planes that climb at max power 90% of the time.

We can't get around that oil is used in massive quantities for work related tasks. It is also true that a good amount is used for recreational purposes. For me, my hobby is pretty much dependent on fossil fuel.

As far as debt goes - as long as it s manageable even in periodic "dry" income periods, it's ok in my book. Long lasting overspending is a different issue. It's as with alcohol and most other things; fine in moderation. I have around $2k debt + some student loans. Gonna add $5k more come summer for a US trip. That's acceptable because I have a new job and a higher income.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2006, 10:22:05 AM »
The point was you're talking down, or were, at people who borrowed money as if everyone should have a honey pot to dip in to like you. The credit card thing was just making the point that if you have one and use it, then you're borrowing money too.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2006, 10:26:39 AM »
No I wasn't Morpheus...I was simply responding to Dago's broad generalisation with one of my own.  I then admitted it was a broad generalisation.

My point was aimed at the MASSIVE consumer debt in the United States that essentially fuels your economy.  It was not making fun of, or talking down to anyone...except Dago.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 10:28:47 AM by Curval »

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2006, 10:28:55 AM »
See Rule #4, #5
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 12:10:30 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2006, 10:37:40 AM »
See Rule #4, #5
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 12:11:03 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2006, 10:42:58 AM »
Those weren't insults, they were digs. Just like the several you gave me after I called you out for the mass generalization against Americans. :)

Or were you kidding when you made that generalization?

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2006, 10:55:33 AM »
Goodness me.

I have yet to see you, or anyone else, admit that the initial mass generalisation was that everyone in the US can afford a car.  I reacted, with one of my own and admitted as much.  I did so before you even posted.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2006, 11:05:35 AM »
Why are you being so sensitive?

You sure seemed to be tough enough to give it before.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2006, 11:10:59 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
Why are you being so sensitive?

You sure seemed to be tough enough to give it before.

lol...lazs calls me "fragile" and you call me "sensitive".

Fine.

You jumping and "calling me out" with "digs" after assuming America is being "attacked" is what?

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
more oil found...
« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2006, 11:12:46 AM »
sorry guys i need it all to deliver Blue Bell to HTC.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2006, 01:09:17 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
lol...lazs calls me "fragile" and you call me "sensitive".

Fine.

You jumping and "calling me out" with "digs" after assuming America is being "attacked" is what?

Let the working class do their thing while we enjoy a nice Chivas ok? Don't let them bring you down in the mud with them Curval..

Cheers ol'boy :D

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2006, 02:25:50 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
Let the working class do their thing while we enjoy a nice Chivas ok? Don't let them bring you down in the mud with them Curval..

Cheers ol'boy :D

LOL!!!

...pardon me Nilsen, do you have any Grey Poupon?:D

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2006, 02:36:15 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
LOL!!!

...pardon me Nilsen, do you have any Grey Poupon?:D

naw but i have some green plants :cool: