Author Topic: more oil found...  (Read 2919 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
more oil found...
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2006, 05:52:49 PM »
The A3 has a 2.0TDi engine, not 1.8. The max towing figure was right from the spec sheet. But like I said - I'm not planning on using it for towing.

As for the glider trailer, I didn't personally tow the glider up hills, but there is a gliding site in Shropshire called The Long Mynd. It's hilly round there (1:6 hills or even steeper) and I saw cars like my old 1.8 Cavalier towing glider trailers up that without incident. The only real hazard is that the roads are so damned narrow!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
more oil found...
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2006, 05:54:22 PM »
LOL J_A_B! I told you before, my A3 weighs a little over two tonnes. And you upgraded it from tin can to aluminum can! ;):lol

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
more oil found...
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2006, 05:56:18 PM »
Hey Beet, I can put the glider up on top of the truck camper. ;) No need for a trailer! :D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
more oil found...
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2006, 05:58:08 PM »

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
more oil found...
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2006, 06:02:51 PM »
"I told you before, my A3 weighs a little over two tonnes. And you upgraded it from tin can to aluminum can!"

Well, technically I wasn't talking about your aluminum can since you don't have a 1.8, so there!

Actually, at two tonnes, your Audi might be heavier than my Buick.  The Roadmaster's curb weight is officially 4211 pounds / 1910 kilo, rather light for a B-body (a buddy's '85 Buick weighed over 5000).  My car could never qualify as an aluminum can, though.  Given its overall shape, it'd be more like the aluminum brick.  That AWD system must add a good chunk of weight, and the added traction would be nice, too.  

J_A_B

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
more oil found...
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2006, 06:26:00 PM »
Yes J_A_B, and the other thing about the 4WD is that it makes the floor higher, so less luggage space.
If you want to look like an economic whiz, don't buy a new car.
If you can buy a new car it shows you ARE an economic whiz! - or something like that. However, it's now after midnight and my A3 has probably turned into a pumpkin, so I bid you toodle-pip. :)

LOL Rip - I don't know where your European video is from (only looked at the first few secs) but one of my favourite weekend break spots is this. Straffo might recognise it ;) But it's full of posers, and for me to be saying that, you know it must be bad! :lol

You want boats? We got boats...

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2006, 06:27:34 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Hey Beet, I can put the glider up on top of the truck camper. ;) No need for a trailer! :D

A freakin pink truck. How incredibly ghey.

How completly unsurprising.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
more oil found...
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2006, 06:31:04 PM »
Looks brown, is it really pink?

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
more oil found...
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2006, 06:33:08 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
A freakin pink truck. How incredibly ghey.

How completly unsurprising.

LOL ... looks light brown here...   check your monitor...  :)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2006, 06:34:27 PM »
Come on Rip, your slipping!

Two threads going about stuff you own and you still haven't worked in the square footage of your home or the size of your 401K...

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
more oil found...
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2006, 06:40:08 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Beet, even 1,000 pounds of weight in the mountains would not be safely feasible with a 1.8 litre engine.  No sense in putting a family at risk.

3,750 pounds would be impossible to safely pull through the mountains.  If the brakes did not give out, the transmission would, and/or the engine would overheat.

Skuzzy you are trying to talk sense to someone that cant comprehend anything outside their own little world. Beet has no idea what it is like to drive in the Rocky Mountains, let alone try to tow a 4 ton+ load through the same. Kinda wasting your time with him I'm afraid. :)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
more oil found...
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2006, 07:02:48 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Probably less than that, considering I get 8 mpg when I've got the truck camper on the truck, and pulling my boat, which has two motors! :p

Now if you could just find a way to tow the Beemer as well. :D

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
more oil found...
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2006, 07:07:13 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Hehe.  Living with an interior designer requires one thing of particular importance.

The house is always a work in progress.  Always.

Just tell me she isnt one of the two types of prototypical interiour designers I seemingly always get to deal with.

Type 1- went to school to learnreally really really poor taste (read absolutely atrocious)

Type 2- Always tries to use everything they learned in school.....IN THE SAME ROOM.

There is a type 3. But I find the (usually a she, or a he that should be a she) is a VERY rare bird indeed
That actually has good taste and does a wonderful job picking out colors paterns and decor.

Oh and if she's prone to read this. Its ok to say shes in the #3 catagory even if shes really in 1, or 2.
Among other things. they also tend to be some of the biggest PIA's in the world LOL
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
more oil found...
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2006, 07:18:21 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
I'm sure that glider did not weigh 9000lbs - that's over 4 tons! :lol

As I have no intention of using my car for towing, I'm unaware of its towing ability. But I googled up a report on the Audi A3 that I drive, and the max towing weight (braked) is 1750Kg, or about 3750lbs. But that's for the FWD model - mine is a Quattro.

AWD as does 4WD, your towing capacity DECREASES.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
more oil found...
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2006, 09:17:11 PM »
more oil to pollutew the planet
:rolleyes: