Author Topic: Rooks Wanted For Mission Alliance  (Read 10645 times)

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
Rooks Wanted For Mission Alliance
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2006, 08:33:58 PM »
Why cant we just agree to leave FT and TT alone till they HAVE to be taken for a map reset?

I can't see why this is so hard to do. You dont have to be a brain surgeon to see those bases are there for a specfic reason... (no where else on the maps are the bases like this)

We've all played enough online games and sims to notice things like this so quit arguing the point....... We all know why FT and TT are there, so stop pretending you dont

DREDIOCK said it best in his post.......

Enough said

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2006, 08:45:57 PM »
Originally posted by tedrbr
"The lamer Rook Horde" was hamstrung with a ENY over 24..... would have been over much quicker if many of your loyal Knit and Bish players hadn't come over to our side at the end of the map again.

If I've said it once. Ive said it 100 times since ENY was just an idea being talked about and not yet implemented.

"A Horde is a horde is a horde"

dosnt matter if its 260 P51's or 260 P40's
Its Still a horde.
Eventually it reaches a point where the type of plane just doesnt matter because there are simply too many of them

Example. some years ago When my son was little I was a coach on his  mitey mite football team.
Once during drills as a goof I told about 15 kids when the whistle blew to go and tackle coach dave.

Well the whistle blew and they charged the coach who suspected something was up by the smirk on my face.
Well he did try to resist but he went down and was pinned down anyway.
and stayed pinned  down until I called the kids off

Coach Dave was about 6'5 and weighed close to 300 lbs.
The average age of the 15 kids was 8

Eventually it reaches the point where the plane doesnt matter.
Rooks outnumbering Knits by 110 players and also having to fend off bish attacks at the same time.

When it gets to that point it is well beyond the type of plane making a difference.

If you had problems finishing us off. If anything it was through lack of cohesion on your part then they types of planes you were flying.
And if you feel your hamstrung by ENY. You probably arent that good anyway.

I only rarely fly planes effected by Eny. so I presonally couldnt care less if we are effected by it. And thus I dont feel hamstrung when we are effected by it.
And Im not even a great pilot

And while they didnt make up the vast majority
A whole bunch of you musta been landing and hotpadding because I saw an awful lot of Rook Spit 16's, La's and even a couple 163s
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 08:50:18 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: LMAO..WELL TACTICALLY SPEAKING..
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2006, 08:55:18 PM »
Originally posted by 96Delta
Laughter!
Its good to be the king. :D

heh, read the quote in my tagline
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2006, 08:57:10 PM »
Originally posted by 96Delta
Excellent point!

Naaa if you NEED or feel hamstrung by Eny causing you to take high Eny planes. to get the job done with those kinds numbers, You aint that good to begin with
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline StracCop

• Copper Member
      • http://www.digitaldioramas.com/
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2006, 12:14:45 AM »
I suck at this game Dred.
I only play it cause its fun.

Point is, I don't care if I never land a kill...so long as I have a good time playing.

And THAT is the bottom line for Hitech.  Not whether FT or TT should be sacrosanct, not ENY...its whether players keep coming back.

I had a good time tonight....so I believe I will play again tomorrow night. :D

I especially enjoyed when the LCA launched a base taking mission just in time to keep the bish from resetting the map.  What was it...?  We cap'd a base and then 10 seconds later the Bish capped the base that would have won them the war.  That is, if we hadn't capped the base we went after in the nick of time.  Sweet.  Can't wait to see if the map is still being contested tomorrow night.

And I really enjoyed intercepting the bomber hordes tonight.  I really mean that.  I completely enjoy defending against a well organized substantial mission that is thrown at us.  Gives me that historical immersion factor I love to experience.  Thank you to whoever set those Buf missions up.  

Since we are both going to be playing the game tomorrow, I think things are as they should be.  Did you have fun tonight DRED?

See you online. ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 12:21:52 AM by StracCop »