Author Topic: Bizarro World  (Read 449 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Bizarro World
« on: April 05, 2006, 02:55:04 PM »
I saw a Prius with Montana plates this morning..... (que the Twilight Zone music)

Offline Makarov9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org/
Bizarro World
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 02:56:37 PM »
Get a rope...

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Bizarro World
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 02:58:46 PM »
Was it causing a cloud of Smug there too?

The smug in the bay area over these "cars" is getting pretty bad.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Bizarro World
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »
Californians are moving to Texas in droves.  Last time I was in Ennis, the local bar was giving away bumper stickers that said "We don't give a DAMN how they do it in California".

If you want to get along with the locals, tell them you're from the midwest, NOT California.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Bizarro World
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 04:47:56 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Californians are moving to Texas in droves.  Last time I was in Ennis, the local bar was giving away bumper stickers that said "We don't give a DAMN how they do it in California".

If you want to get along with the locals, tell them you're from the midwest, NOT California.

I was going to go to one of the southern states to look at a GTO. When I told a buddy who grew up in Louisiana. He told me to say I was from Texas or Arizona and not California.  He was not joking.

I never did go, but I wasn’t planning on talking up California, if I ever do move out of state, I don't want any of this states BS to come with me. This state and San Francisco specifically is a perfect example of what unchecked liberalism will get you.

****ty Schools.
****ty roads.
****ty taxes.
****ty smog laws.
****ty gun laws.
****ty gas that costs more then everywhere else.
****ty cost of living.
etc.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Bizarro World
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 04:52:53 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
I was going to go to one of the southern states to look at a GTO. When I told a buddy who grew up in Louisiana. He told me to say I was from Texas or Arizona and not California.  He was not joking.

I never did go, but I wasn’t planning on talking up California, if I ever do move out of state, I don't want any of this states BS to come with me. This state and San Francisco specifically is a perfect example of what unchecked liberalism will get you.

****ty Schools.
****ty roads.
****ty taxes.
****ty smog laws.
****ty gun laws.
****ty gas that costs more then everywhere else.
****ty cost of living.
etc.

Those reasons may be the underlying reason for the distrust and dislike from Montanan's too, but the one complaint I heard the most was developers coming in with big money, buying up land, and developing the land with tract housing. Outbidding everyone else, including locals for property.(Shrugs)

Also, the hunters from California make the local hunting guides in Ennis very nervous with their careless of firearms, and their smugness....I suppose alot of them never went to Lazs's school of Firearm Etiquette. :D

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Bizarro World
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 05:15:34 PM »
Just wondering Gto, are you sure it wasn't the border to Mexico, who's openness is clearly due to liberals:cry , isn't causing all of your complaints?  Taxes do support welfare and hospitals for certain illegal aliens that can't pay when they get their finger cut off.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Bizarro World
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 05:27:19 PM »
A Prius with Montana tags?  Hmm,..must be a transplant, or his RV broke down.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Bizarro World
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 05:43:21 PM »
California has the LARGEST agricultural business sector in the nation.

Bakersfield has it's own Country Music sound.

My university won the NCAA RODEO championship.

Drive through the central valley of CA and you might as well be in Kansas. Only we can grow more wheat.

Generalizations are always stupid <--- (that is a joke)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Bizarro World
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 05:46:20 PM »
yeah.. but there's only 1/10 of the population in the Central Valley.

...leaving the place surrounded by a bazzillion nutjobs.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Bizarro World
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 05:47:42 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
California has the LARGEST agricultural business sector in the nation.

Bakersfield has it's own Country Music sound.

My university won the NCAA RODEO championship.

Drive through the central valley of CA and you might as well be in Kansas. Only we can grow more wheat.

Generalizations are always stupid <--- (that is a joke)

I am sure thats all true as well, but those people do not run the state.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Bizarro World
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 05:48:02 PM »
You're wrong Hang... there are plenty of nutjobs in the Central Valley.

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
Bizarro World
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 06:13:26 PM »
Yep, Californian's are moving to Montana in droves.  Buying up all the lakefront property, developing it and pricing the locals right out of their own land.  Now they're trying to change Montana state laws to suite their taste like trying to put through a sales tax.  They already put in a speed limit.  Who knows what other namby pamby laws they'll push through next.

My father-in-law, who never fails to tell me all about it, is just about fed up and is thinking about moving.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Bizarro World
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 06:22:32 PM »
Originally posted by ChickenHawk
Yep, Californian's are moving to Montana in droves.  Buying up all the lakefront property, developing it and pricing the locals right out of their own land.  Now they're trying to change Montana state laws to suite their taste like trying to put through a sales tax.  They already put in a speed limit.  Who knows what other namby pamby laws they'll push through next.

My father-in-law, who never fails to tell me all about it, is just about fed up and is thinking about moving.
You pretty much nailed down what is going on at Flat Head Lake area.

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
Bizarro World
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 06:30:35 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
You pretty much nailed down what is going on at Flat Head Lake area.

Yep, that's where my father-in-law lives.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.