Author Topic: Help!!!  (Read 306 times)

Offline smithmi

• Zinc Member
Help!!!
« on: April 08, 2006, 07:20:10 PM »
hey all

I just want to say how much I like the game but I need a little help

I can make right/left turns in a boat, car, but in a plane I can only make left turns, but then the plane just spins in one big loop and i can't stop it. The plane never wants just stay in a stright line.

also if anyone can PLEASE help me into how to get my joystick to work that will also be welcomed. becuase i think i am doing something worng.

thanks for the help

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 07:57:46 PM »
on the clipboard hit: setup/controls/joystick/calibrate joystick.

this should sort your flying problem.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Help!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 09:48:07 PM »
calibrate your stick in windows first, then calibrate it in the game
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Help!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 10:02:13 PM »
plug it in :D  hehehe

no really plug it in set up your controls on the stick map and calibrate.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Help!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 02:37:39 AM »
If you are talking about taking off in a plane, you need to use rudder to stay straght until you get some airspeed.  Your engine torque in most planes will cause you to veer left, so you use right rudder to keep it straight.  Easier yet, go to setup/prefrences/flight and check auto take off.  With auto take off, just let it get you in the air before you use the controls.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Help!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 05:33:51 AM »
Hello smithmi! Welcome to Aces High! :)

Check out This Page. Youll find loads and loads of info on how to setup your Joystick, calibrate your controls, set up your views and all that stuff. Its also useful to have the one page key mao printout available next to your keyboard, so you can look up keys real quick.

Then theres detailed description on how to take off, how to fly basic maneuvers, basic fighting tacticts etc etc.

Keep one thing in mind: Flying planes in AH is almost as hard as doing so in real life. Dont expect it to work on first try.... it takes some practice. But given just a little effort, youll get to it quick.

And come by the training arena. Theres usually veteran players or a trainer online that can help you get started. (You have a two week online free trial).

Good luck!
21 is only half the truth.