Author Topic: "huge" explosion near afghan nato HQ?  (Read 329 times)

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
"huge" explosion near afghan nato HQ?
« on: April 19, 2006, 02:03:41 PM »
anyone seeing anything about this on the news?
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 02:07:22 PM »
how huge is huge?  are we talking Jyimongously spiffurlastically extrapolastingly Jorganticlasmistically huge?  Like really big?

Yeah, I heard something about it......
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 02:12:25 PM »
thats just what it says on yahoo news page header.

Huge Explosion Rocks Afghan Capital 12 minutes ago

KABUL, Afghanistan - A massive explosion rocked downtown Kabul late Wednesday near its diplomatic area where the U.S. Embassy is located. A large plume of white smoke rose into the air.

The source of the blast was not immediately clear. Emergency vehicle sirens could be heard speeding to the area of the blast.

U.S. Embassy spokesman Lou Fintor could not confirm if the blast targeted the heavily guarded American diplomatic mission, where staff rushed to a bunker in the compound after the blast.

"We are trying to determine what has happened and locate the source of the explosion," Fintor told The Associated Press in a telephone interview

thats all i know
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 11:35:30 PM »
ever hear another peep about this?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 08:56:59 AM »
nope, not a peep.

shows what the media really wants to follow huh?

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 10:21:41 AM »
One non-UN, non-US security person was injured, and there was no significant damage done to the building the rocket struck.  I have a feeling that the initial report from the AP was a little over zealous in its doomsday nature and use of the words "massive" and "huge".

I do not blame the other news organizations for not picking up the story.  They were too busy building a new shrine to that Chinese woman that heckled the China president.  :rolleyes:

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 10:35:55 AM »
Originally posted by Mickey1992
One non-UN, non-US security person was injured, and there was no significant damage done to the building the rocket struck.  I have a feeling that the initial report from the AP was a little over zealous in its doomsday nature and use of the words "massive" and "huge".

I do not blame the other news organizations for not picking up the story.  They were too busy building a new shrine to that Chinese woman that heckled the China president.  :rolleyes:

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl