Author Topic: True definition of "Cattle Car"  (Read 753 times)

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
True definition of "Cattle Car"
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 07:53:38 PM »
those standing seats wouldn't be too fun during turbulance,landing or a crash imagine ragdoll physics
:O

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 08:03:09 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
If your bellybutton is fat
or your legs are extra long...
seatguru.com

Wow! Now there's a great resource. Thanks for the link! :aok
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 09:34:44 PM »
Originally posted by RAIDER14
those standing seats wouldn't be too fun during turbulance,landing or a crash imagine ragdoll physics
:O

:lol Would be like a standing roller coaster, bro.  Give em some handles for their hands and let at it.  And as always, keep hands and feet inside your designated 2 foot by 2 foot box at all times.:aok
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 09:35:03 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
I'm about to do 3000 miles with 2 kids and a wife, a car is out of the question. We leave for Walt Disney World at 11pm and arrive 8am the next morning. The only way to fly with kids  I could NOT imagine having to stand for 6 hours on a flight.

Oh man that is real nice!  I hope your kids have an awesome time.  I remember going to Disney World when I was really little, it was fantastic.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 10:02:43 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Oh man that is real nice!  I hope your kids have an awesome time.  I remember going to Disney World when I was really little, it was fantastic.
Thanks Urch! :)  We went in '03, for 3 days total time at the World. This time we're doing 7 days and staying at a premium resort. Kids are 3 years older, they should enjoy it more this time around. Its my 4th trip to WDW in my lifetime.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 11:18:02 PM »
Never been to Walt Disney World, went to the Land of Disney few years ago, was cool.  I enjoyed Universal Studios A LOT more though.

Back To The Future rocked!
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006, 11:28:58 PM »
The best time I've ever had in a passenger jet was JFK to London.  Nice, comfortable plane, no idea what kind, but had plenty of room, my own mini tv in the front of my chair with 12 or so movies to choose from, free headphones, large lavatory, free booze (wine*), and actually a pretty decent pasta dish, and the stewardesses are friendly.  All this in the cheap seats.

Went to England, spent a fortune, and had a grand old time.  I was looking forward to the flight back and all the nice pampering.

UNFORTUNATELY....  Once they've got yer cash and you're on your way back home, it's down to a crummy plane, no personal tvs (still free headphones at least), stuck watching a presentation of guacomole (I'm serious), tiny bathroom, booze costs money, you get a cold cut sandwhich, and no one cares how yer doin'.

I had to feel bad for the British tourists.  Whereas I had all of the former plus a kind reception in "customs" going to England (talked to one lady for a minute or so, no line), they had all of the latter, plus our own, post-9/11 version of "welcome" coming here.

*If it could even be called that
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2006, 11:29:51 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
London - Spain (2 hours or so)

for the likes of easyjet / ryanair.  

Won't work. Englishmen flying to Spain are generally incapable of standing, either on the flight or once they arrive.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2006, 11:49:15 PM »
Thanks Urch! We went in '03, for 3 days total time at the World. This time we're doing 7 days and staying at a premium resort. Kids are 3 years older, they should enjoy it more this time around. Its my 4th trip to WDW in my lifetime.

I've actually never been to disney world.  Really doesn't appeal to me at all.

However, I did once go to sea world.  In my semi drunken state all I can remember are Manatees and Family Guy writers...

Also, this rumour has been dispelled (or so it seems).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 12:05:07 AM by lasersailor184 »
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 12:35:01 AM »
Good:
First class Air France on the longer flights, you get to make ferocious faces to the pompous bourgeouis next to you, funk with every convention you can think of, and eat and drink everything on the menu, and still be treated like a king.. then fall asleep like a rock in those 80's design leather cushions just as the wine is hitting upstairs.

Bad:
Southwest on any flight.  Long and fussy waiting lines, seats inside are low quality and seem to have about 35 billion ass-hours on them, and the food sucks almost everytime.

Ugly:
Something else than getting a BJ on a night flight from someone you just met :D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 12:37:47 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2006, 07:12:10 AM »
I hate flying, I always end up being seated next to some filthy 1 thoothed rude limey brit. Or someone who has yet to discover deodorant.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2006, 07:54:40 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
I hate flying, I always end up being seated next to some filthy 1 thoothed rude limey brit. Or someone who has yet to discover deodorant.

:rofl
<-----Fingers being taped together to prevent adding to the comment.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2006, 08:10:10 AM »
rip...If it was me I would drive.   I did that trip in a mustang convertable with one of the ex's and my daughter and nephew... lot's of fun.

These days... The lincoln with my little mexican girlfriend is about as crowded as I want to get... airplanes are dehumanizing crap travel.

lazs

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2006, 08:18:18 AM »
Two Words-----Singapore Airlines.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2006, 08:27:36 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Thanks Urch! :)  We went in '03, for 3 days total time at the World. This time we're doing 7 days and staying at a premium resort. Kids are 3 years older, they should enjoy it more this time around. Its my 4th trip to WDW in my lifetime.

Your kids ride rollercoasters yet Rip? If so, take 1 day and go to Universal Studios. Even the lines are part of the attraction (and best of any theme park I've been to). The Hulk is one of the best steel coasters in the U.S. Pretty much every attraction there is better than the equivelent at Disney/Epcot/MGM.